Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

suggestions to avoid burning out players fast.

(PSN)wildcats1369my

well i reached my first 50 days and honestly the excitement to play the game is getting lower as time goes by. here are some reason i think why.

1. there is no real levelling system

sure we have ranking formaing and ranking again. but max ranking a frame can be done by 2-3 akkad runs. mastery does not even affect the gameplay inside missions. and as you acquire required mods you will be able to maxed out all frames across. maybe having the mr affect the boost on frames. or have a separate exp for each frame aside from rank itself. the point is it is too fast to maximize them now.

2. drops are the same throughout the solar system.

except for planet based mats the mods droppes by a grineer lancer on earth is the same in uranus. this does not give a satisfactory achievements for completing the starmaps. this is because they are the same enemy just with different levels.  people enjoy having rare loots pop up while in the middle of the grind, this is what keeps a player to kill that one more enemy. we explore difderent places in hope of riches. well if venus and pluto enemies have the same  thing why bother on higher levels?

3. Rare mods are not from grind.

probably the wierdest thing i saw in a grind game is that the highly sought items are not from a grind. sure you can grind for ducats then hope for baro to bring goodies. some good mods from alerts then corrupted vor drop toxic mods 100%. same as point 2 grind should be rewarded. 

4. progression on weapons

while it is good that every weapon is viable the drawback is this stunts the progression in terms of equipments. and as before once you got the mod it is maxed out already. there is no yay for building another weapons.

the following are just suggestions i want tobstress out that i am not asking for de to do this but could take ideas from it.

1. frame level and tenno level

aside from ranking that increases primary stats another layer of levelling will be on top this could be up to 100 or any number. but for what you ask? look at 2. 

2. mod level

instead of just ranking a mod from 1 to 10. that can be replaced by lets say level 1 to 100 vitality. the level can vary depending on the level of the enemies slain. it will work with the warframe level so that for example a lvl 10 nekros prime cannot equip a lvl12 vitality.

3. weapon levels 

everyone wonders what they should do with their overflowing mats. well add a weapon level. by having a tenno level you the level of weapon you create will be based on your tenno level and same with weapon mods you can only put high level mods into high level weapons.

surely this needs a lot of balancing and rework but this is just an idea. surely this will add more grind to the existing grind.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Any ideas involving the addition of a leveling system to gear just seems silly since everything already dies so quickly.

Besides, are you suggesting a solution to the burnout by adding more grind?

Seems counterproductive honestly.

actually just giving a reason for players to play the game. lets say for example tww comes up, how long does it takes to finish the quest? but by adding a need to level up before you can finish a quest you add longetivity to the content also players will stay to level cap all the frames in their arsenal. and re craft their weapons and hunt higher level mods oh a new frame comes out? you will want to go back to the starting planet to level them adding more time. 

basically many will say powercreep every content but in truth attaining that powercreep is what drives many players to play the game.

1 minute ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

actually just giving a reason for players to play the game. lets say for example tww comes up, how long does it takes to finish the quest? but by adding a need to level up before you can finish a quest you add longetivity to the content also players will stay to level cap all the frames in their arsenal. and re craft their weapons and hunt higher level mods oh a new frame comes out? you will want to go back to the starting planet to level them adding more time. 

basically many will say powercreep every content but in truth attaining that powercreep is what drives many players to play the game.

The problem with this idea is already as I stated.

Currently, there isn't a degree of difficulty that would warrant introducing a leveling system.

Everything on the star map dies in one shot.  So where's the incentive, the drive to power players further?  To "give us something to do" isn't enough.

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

The problem with this idea is already as I stated.

Currently, there isn't a degree of difficulty that would warrant introducing a leveling system.

Everything on the star map dies in one shot.  So where's the incentive, the drive to power players further?  To "give us something to do" isn't enough.

well because mods will not be as strong as before. a level 10 pressure point is not a rank 10 pressure point it will not 1shot a lvl100 mob if you bring a lvl10 frame.

actually something to do and the reward for doing it is what veteran players are asking from the game

I think you're looking at Warframe from a perspective perhaps a bit too tinted by traditional RPGs.

For better or for worse, progression in Warframe is heavily horizontal in nature. Progression is not done by making one piece of gear stronger and stronger, but to obtain more and more gear.

One of the "problems" with the traditional RPG model of vertical progression is that gear obtained earlier in the game tends to become obsolete by the end of the game, meaning over 90% of the content is simply throw-away content that you use while leveling and toss by endgame. As new tiers of endgame are added, the rewards from previous tiers fall away, adding to the heap of no-longer-relevant content.

This model is suited for games that focus on building one character and bringing them from the bottom to the top over a long period of time. Warframe, which creates new gear and new "characters" on a very regular basis, is not suited for this progression model as it severely limits players from trying out new gear by making it more difficult to get each individual piece of gear and each "character" to its peak performance.

16 minutes ago, ashrah said:

u cant avoid burnout cz we doing all same over and over again.. no more games like morrowind.oblivion or skyrim

true. but what i think what burn out players faster is the lack of progression no matter how long they play the game.

50days i got all farmable prime frames all viable because i got most of required mods. 

when i got a new frame from quest all it takes are 2-3 akkad runs to max and potato and put all mods it needs. may some redo for forma. but wont take me half a day to do it.

Edited by (PS4)wildcats1369my

Just now, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

well because mods will not be as strong as before. a level 10 pressure point is not a rank 10 pressure point it will not 1shot a lvl100 mob if you bring a lvl10 frame.

actually something to do and the reward for doing it is what some veteran players are asking from the game

FTFY

Firstly, that's not why I play Warframe.

Secondly, I think it'll be interesting to see how the additions coming with TWW will address this "issue" some players are having for not wanting to play.

Thirdly, I think player power needs to be scaled down, not up.

6 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

I think you're looking at Warframe from a perspective perhaps a bit too tinted by traditional RPGs.

For better or for worse, progression in Warframe is heavily horizontal in nature. Progression is not done by making one piece of gear stronger and stronger, but to obtain more and more gear.

One of the "problems" with the traditional RPG model of vertical progression is that gear obtained earlier in the game tends to become obsolete by the end of the game, meaning over 90% of the content is simply throw-away content that you use while leveling and toss by endgame. As new tiers of endgame are added, the rewards from previous tiers fall away, adding to the heap of no-longer-relevant content.

This model is suited for games that focus on building one character and bringing them from the bottom to the top over a long period of time. Warframe, which creates new gear and new "characters" on a very regular basis, is not suited for this progression model as it severely limits players from trying out new gear by making it more difficult to get each individual piece of gear and each "character" to its peak performance.

which is why i added a level for weapons too. 

every weapon is still viable as long as they are leveled. 

i just want to avoid maxing them as soon as you got them.

but yeah on the other end the speed of trying out a new build is one of the games charm.

i know this is not a traditional rpg but rpg elements will give longetivity to contents in my opinion.

Edited by (PS4)wildcats1369my

1 minute ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

which is why i added a level for weapons too. 

every weapon is still viable as long as they are leveled. 

i just want to avoid maxing them as soon as you got them.

And you missed the biggest point of my post.

Warframe is a game that focuses on diversifying your arsenal to be able to adapt to the situation you are presented with.

Increasing the requirements to make Warframes and weapons viable at endgame deters players from progressing horizontally and hinders players from trying out new things.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

FTFY

Firstly, that's not why I play Warframe.

Secondly, I think it'll be interesting to see how the additions coming with TWW will address this "issue" some players are having for not wanting to play.

Thirdly, I think player power needs to be scaled down, not up.

as soon as they farm all new weapons after the quest tww is done. back to not having things todo. well depending on the wait/grind wall that they will implement.

how much time they spend building it vs how much time player will go through it is what worries me. 

a content that took months or even a year for de to create only for us to chow on in a matter of days or a week. i hope not. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Awfully presumptuous statement there.

It's certainly possible, but we won't know until TWW is live.

And besides, you do realize it's okay to not have a reason to play one single game 24-7-365, right?

nope i dont play 24-7-365 you know real life matters. still 50 days was for an online game. ill post my hours when i checked it.

agree we wont know until tww arrives. i hope my assumptions are wrong.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

nope i dont play 24-7-365 you know real life matters. still 50 days was for an online game. ill post my hours when i checked it.

agree we wont know until tww arrives. i hope my assumptions are wrong.

tww will not change much we will roll it for couple dayes and again will be same...

Here's how you avoid burnout:

You stop playing when you start to feel bored. It's not on the developers that you, or anyone else, is feeling burnout, at this time. They're actively trying to develop things to counter burnout, but you have geniuses running around naysaying their new content before we even know what it is (SEE: post above).

No game can last forever. Not a single one. You will burn out on any game eventually. Adding more grind will not alleviate the burnout that players are feeling in this game as the game is already a grinding game.

10 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Here's how you avoid burnout:

You stop playing when you start to feel bored. It's not on the developers that you, or anyone else, is feeling burnout, at this time. They're actively trying to develop things to counter burnout, but you have geniuses running around naysaying their new content before we even know what it is (SEE: post above).

No game can last forever. Not a single one. You will burn out on any game eventually. Adding more grind will not alleviate the burnout that players are feeling in this game as the game is already a grinding game.

^ someone with logic D: > -strokes out-

all joking aside .....

one  major factor is that ive seen many players mega grind to rank up fast , then get bored, not de's fault you rushed the game ....

and in all truth they have had bad luck this year with bugs/glitches ect, but the major point of many of the current updates is to fix many long standing issues the game has had 

warframe today is very different from the warframe i started in. in that they have addressed many of the major issues this year 

Image result for anime gif

Lets just have the mission builder system ive heard about.  I look forward to that.  If its as simple to work as the MEn of War GEM Editor, I will have fun in there. 

Kinda drumming up my first mission, hopefully it can be a thing.  Using the Corpus Hijack section, make a dual sided mission, where we as the Tenno have to defend our drop zone on the one side, while pushing through hordes of enemies, jumping at the opportunity to down a Tenno Dropship, while pushing through to destroy and sabotage something in the garage at the other end.  Yes, I would make it play backwards, going from the landing pad to the garage...then back to the landing pad for extraction. 

1 hour ago, ashrah said:

tww will not change much we will roll it for couple dayes and again will be same...

Only because once we beat the quest, its back to your regularly scheduled broadcasting.  If TWW would add new features to the missions to actually make it feel like something special, then it would help. 

Things like our Operators from 2nd Dream, cool, but with the way we acquire Lens, makes that system kinda pointless....not like we can grind for lens in any other way but Sorties.  Or plat...