The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hope that Drifting Contact is the long awaited buff for the Exalted melee

Epsik-kun

Seriously. If it is - thank you, DE! It won't be an overstatement to say I was genuinely happy to see this mod working.

However, if its current state is just a mistake, I sincerely ask you not to fix it. 
Exalted melee was in a terrible position since the Shadow Debt event and as the time went it only became worse. This mod can provide an actual competitive potential for Exalted melee, especially if we'll see the return of Endless missions in the following updates.

Spoiler

Drifting Contact increases Combo duration by 10 seconds and Status chance by 40%. Unlike Body Count, it works on Exalted melee.

Edit:

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Drifting Contact applying to weapon ultimates that use melee mods (Exated Blade, Hysteria, etc.) is being treated as a bug at this time. 

It is not.

Edited by Epsik-kun

1 minute ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

So... what does the mod do, and why is it helpful for Exalted Blade?

You can't expect everyone to know every detail of every new piece of content just hours after its release.

Increases combo timer duration and status chance.

It's in the patch notes.

2 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

So... what does the mod do, and why is it helpful for Exalted Blade?

You can't expect everyone to know every detail of every new piece of content just hours after its release.

Sorry for that, added the description. Why is it helpful? It works.

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

Body Count doesn't affect Exalted Blade or Primal Fury, so I'm reasonably certain this mod won't either.

Sorry to disappoint.

Ooooh, so that's what OP is on about.

Was really wondering what was so great about another Body Count for EB specifically.

9 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Yeah, sorry. Just re-read your post. Probably will be patched out in that case.

Depends on if it's intentional or not.

Previous patch notes that fixed things relating to Body Count (such as it applying to the Titania's Diwata) referred to them as "Shadow Debt mods" in particular.

Whether or not DE intends to differentiate "Shadow Debt mods" from other sources of additional combo duration is not yet known.

23 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

Seriously. If it is - thank you, DE! It won't be an overstatement to say I was genuinely happy to see this mod working.

However, if its current state is just a mistake, I sincerely ask you not to fix it. 
Exalted melee was in a terrible position since the Shadow Debt event and as the time went it only became worse. This mod can provide an actual competitive potential for Exalted melee, especially if we'll see the return of Endless missions in the following updates.

Hide contents

Drifting Contact increases Combo duration by 10 seconds and Status chance by 40%. Unlike Body Count, it works on Exalted melee.

If body count don't work, Drifting Contact shouldn't either. And Exalted Blade don't need a buff. Expect to be patched and fixed.

Exalted weapons are something you currently have to either go all in for or just not use at all.

This mod is unlikely to be intentionally buffing that, and will probably be removed.

However it is a good thought to voice the concerns for exalted abilities. While fun, tend to destroy the rest of a frames toolkit if you specialize in them. 

Edited by Nariala

While it's nice that the mod works on exalted melee, I think it's going to be changed very soon. If Body Count isn't supposed to apply to melee ults, I doubt Drifting Contact is an exception. I wouldn't get used to it.

Edited by LazerSkink
rewording

2 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

If body count don't work, Drifting Contact shouldn't either. And Exalted Blade don't need a buff. Expect to be patched and fixed.

on the other hand primal fury needs one badly, even with the augment it's still very sub par. I hope they don't take it away, they already nerfed exalted blade and histeria ab nauseam anyways and there isn't much use for this mod if they do decide to nerf it.

I wouldn't say it'll do much really, since Blood Rush doesn't work on EB, so still one component left for the BBB combo. I do think that it syncs well with Surging Dash integration though, so definitely a plus here. Still, I don't think "buff exalted melee" is a legitimate reason here.

I don't think it will get patched out since its not a "Shadow debt" mod and its a regular nightmare mod so it will work otherwise if that was the case then all nightmare mods shouldn't work for all exalted weapons which is not the case FWI

So i suggest we all just enjoy the new mods without reading too much into them.

Excalibur kinda needs this as there's still not a great reason for him to get into melee and his damage output is noticeably under other things like Mesa or even normal Naramon melee unless you purposely exploiting double stealth dips.

Valkyr and Wukong are in better shape and don't need the combo counter quite as much but since Hysteria basically needs 10 stack Arcane Energize to perma I don't see a problem with her having it and your combo counter extension working with normal melee in addition to hysteria is ideal for how they want her to be played.

16 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

EB might not need extra combo window time, but Primal Fury sure as hell does.