The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma plat sink

(PSN)T0katax

It's totally irrelevant that you can farm forma blueprints. The limiting factor is the time to build. One per day at best.

Consider if you could farm potato blueprints but they took a week to build. Anyone bothered figuring out how often blue and gold potatoes show up? Once a week on average?

From counting all my gold potatoes, I guess you can get them roughly once a week. I'm going to assume it's similar for blue potatoes. In the same week you get 7 forma at best.  You can easily spend 3 forma maxing out a weapon or frame. So, just enough to complement the two potatoes. That would seem to suggest that if you stick to just free potatoes then you'll be able to get by with your free forma, and if you buy potatoes then you're going to need to buy forma too. Unless you're buying potatoes because you missed all the free ones :-P.

Edited by schilds

Formas are extremely easy to obtain. I've never bought one. People literally get upset when they get one after a relic mission, and I'm just like oh okay, cool.

A couple of months ago, when I had like two orokin cells, my outlook was different. Then Lord Smeeta happened. But the biggest plat sink for me is still slots.

I do wish formas built faster.  Especially now that we have exilus adapters as a forma sink.

Can anyone tell me why relic uncommon rewards are still blueprints instead of full-built formas?  For the higher tier rarity, shouldn't it be a better reward?

Edited by Callback

NO!!! Hahah definitely not. I've been buying all my forma since the start of 2015 :P 

move spent well over 5k now just in forma

most of my potatoes are farmed. But I also spend a lot of plat on blue potatoes cause I never have enough of em :P

I have to admit I'm pretty shocked by the number of you saying you spend plat on formas.  That is something I could never do since they are far too easy to obtain in game. 

And for those of you stating the 24 hr build time as the reason I'd counter with the fact that me adding my 6th forma to my 100th weapon really isn't very time sensitive.  Today or tomorrow is basically the same.  There are also gaps between weapons worth maxing giving plenty of down time to build them.

Lets think about it this way.  I've been playing the game since March of 2014 or something like 950 days.  I've used maybe 500 to 600 formas (a very rough guess).  Why again is a 24 hr build time a problem that you need to waste plat "fixing"?  To each his own, but I'm really confused by this xD.

You need 1 to 6 forma per potatoed item. You get at most 7 forma per week. It's possible to get 2 potatoes per week, on average.

That's just enough forma for each potato, if you've been collecting both at their respective maximum rates of (free) production.

So, the rates of free potatoes and forma are somewhat balanced. Change a few variables here or there with respect to how a player plays, and you will fall short of one and have excess of the other.

It should be easy to work out, then, who will have what problem depending on: when they started, how much they play, their playstyle, etc. It is obviously going to vary from person to person. People using their own experience/anecdotes - extrapolating to everyone else and then becoming confused when others' experience doesn't match - are making a basic mistake.

It's a bit like going to another country, seeing houses up on stilts and then saying "Gee, how strange, how utterly bizarre old chap, wot. Why are your houses up on those rickety things, eh wot? We don't have those rude things back in the good 'ol mother country!". Or maybe seeing houses with really pointy roofs and saying "Hey mon, why your roofs be so funny and pointy. Where be your fashion sense, mon". Some people get confused, others get informed :-P.

Edited by schilds

Some people believe FashionFrame is end game, I believe that FormaFrame is. The problem with trying to potato and forma all the things is that all the weapons from the dojo require forma to build. If that is not enough, if a player has not been active since the game came out, it wiil be difficult to keep up with all the additions in the updates. The 24 hr Forma wait is the worst for me, but the fissure system makes it boring to collect bps now. I have no bps, so I tend to spend plat on the packs now. Bought and used 100+ over the weekend.

only 1/6 of all weapons worth putting catalyst on including few weapons for fun, half of those gonna be syndicate weapons which only need 1 or 2 formas.

no reason to forma the rest crap, like for what, use it 2 times in mission and forget. but if u bere raider go for it noone gonna stop u.

pattern for catalyst/reactor pretty simple: devstreams, reappearing events, check invasion, market.

u have confortable amount of platinum reserved buy whatever u need.

I'm taking my slow time ranking my equipment so I have plenty of made forma in the back as I meander my way through missions. I am only recently surprised I went from a 100 something forma bps to 50. I think I can chill from crafting them for a while.

I have only started potatoing all my frames recently now that I've squirrelled away so many of them (invasions, gift of lotus, alerts, events, etc.) Blue potatoes are still selective though but not a problem. I've mostly spent my plat on cosmetics and slots.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I forma and potato almost everything. Seer? Kraken? Amphis? Yeah, I'll potato and 3-6 Forma them and other items of interest to keep me playing the game.

Now, if only Forma bps dropped in Rotation rewards and not on Relics, then we're in business. :V

Yep, that's me a year and a half ago. Its a long expensive journey, and forma bp's become worth their weight in gold! It's a lot easier to get a weapon to 30 now then it was a year and a half ago though. I think?

37 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Yep, that's me a year and a half ago. Its a long expensive journey, and forma bp's become worth their weight in gold! It's a lot easier to get a weapon to 30 now then it was a year and a half ago though. I think?

I dunno, Draco on the previous starchart before the Tenno Affinity patch was a pretty good (and exploited) exp farm. I still kinda miss that tileset, considering that map can get slightly crazy at times.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I dunno, Draco on the previous starchart before the Tenno Affinity patch was a pretty good (and exploited) exp farm. I still kinda miss that tileset, considering that map can get slightly crazy at times.

Never did Draco, i wanted to use the weapons to kinda give myself a feel for the ranking of the weapon. I have them ranked in my own personal pantheon. I made sure i always had like 1k+ kills on a weapon (or tried to, some were just so f'in bad).