The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which warframe has the worst augment mods?

aerosoul1337

1 hour ago, aerosoul1337 said:

Oberon have 4 all, but none of them is worth a slot.
He is a jack of all trades, he needs strength, duration, range, and efficiency. Actually, I still need a space for natural talent.
I am thinking... even make all those 4 augment innate, he is still not strong xD

What PLANET do you LIVE on?!

Trying to build Oberon so that all four of his abilities are useful at the same time is as useless as trying to build Trinity that way.  Focus on one pair or the other (Hallowed Ground/Renewal or Smite/Reckoning).

32 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

war cry aug is really really good. cast it once then you never have to cast it again basically. can save you a ton of energy during long missions.

Primed Fury + Berserker are better in the long run and basically free and saves you a precious frame slot :). With those, you already hit the speed cap so Warcry becomes obsolete not to mention you need lots of power strenght for it to give you decent speed, armor is useless in sorties so not even that saves it.

Edited by Momo93

12 minutes ago, Momo93 said:

Primed Fury + Berserker are better in the long run and basically free and saves you a precious frame slot :). With those, you already hit the speed cap so Warcry becomes obsolete not to mention you need lots of power strenght for it to give you decent speed, armor is useless in sorties so not even that saves it.

correct me if im wrong, but I dont think there is an attack speed cap, is there?

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

Volt's Augments are pretty damn good. Shocking Speed is really good with a melee build since you proc and stagger every enemy near you.Or you can rush past them to CC and then turn and shoot them. Capacitance can give you max overshields in a single use,working better than a Redirection mod. 

How's 80% Power Strenght or 80% slow not good? Calm and Frenzy is amazing for a CC or Debuff build. 

I agree but the only good one for volt is capacitance(which is really good imo if you're going with a disharage build) and equinoxs augments are good as well :)

11 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

correct me if im wrong, but I dont think there is an attack speed cap, is there?

I think there is or even if there isn't you can't smash your keys fast enough to notice. Primed Fury + Berserker 75% (note this is already insanely fast lmao) seems to cap me while in Hysteria and didn't really notice a difference when I had Warcry put on top of it by another player who modded for it.

Edited by Momo93

25 minutes ago, Momo93 said:

That may be, but there is a big difference between them. You can easily get Eternal War. Primed Fury? Not so much. 

2 hours ago, aerosoul1337 said:

There are some good augments for strong skills such as Vampire leech, Irradiating Disarm.

And Banshee's 4 augment mods are all useful.

On the other hand, which warframe has the worst augment mods in your opinion?

EDIT: I mean which frame (overall), not a single augment :p

This is the wrong question.  The question you should be asking is  "Which augments have the worst warframe?"

*queue Illuminati Music*

2 hours ago, Beggining said:

That, @LABAL, and the augment for her 1 gives a strong spectre for free.

It gives one level-locked spectre at the cost of changing form (which you don't want to do most of the time because it resets everything). For a few seconds. At your position.

Edited by LABAL

3 hours ago, Naftal said:

I'd say Volt has the worst augments overall.

I don't like Ember augments either since two of them give her CC that's worse than her Accelerant is and other two augments buff allied damage and don't help her at all.

As a Volt main, Shocking Speed is incredibly useful. Instant CC and increased melee attack speed? Yes pls, let me roleplay a blender. 

Edited by Xaiux

1 minute ago, Xaiux said:

As a Volt Main, Shocking Speed is incredibly useful. Instant CC and increased melee attack speed? Yes pls, let me roleplay a blender. 

I do use shocking speed because it's fun but it's not really useful. When I hit enemies, they stagger anyway. The attack speed works without the augment too.

Just now, Naftal said:

I do use shocking speed because it's fun but it's not really useful. When I hit enemies, they stagger anyway. The attack speed works without the augment too.

I typically use longswords, not heavy weapons that stagger anyway

The worst augments IMO are Mesa's, Vauban's, Nova's, Atlas's, and Mag's.

Mesa's just don't have a point in most builds, Vauban's can work depending on build but you don't need them for anything, Nova's are good for gimmick builds but that's it, Atlas's first augment is ok and his third is good for defense missions, but his other 2 kinda suck, and Mag's aren't good enough to replace another mod with. IMO at least.

Edited by NyxCrab

7 hours ago, (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e said:

I'd say that Vauban has the worst Augments in the game.

The Tesla one is basically a worser version of the tripmine from his 2 and barely does any damage

Repelling Bastille only repels an enemy once, if the enemy re-enters the bastille it is not affected by the augment again.

Prepetual Vortex is honestly a waste, why throw another Vortex into a previous Vortex to increase it's duration by 70% when you can just use another Vortex for 100% of the duration? I know you can spam a lot of Vortexes on top of one and other to have a 3 minute vortex. But that means that you'll be stood there throwing Vortexes and not doing anything else.

Actually perpetual vortex is more useful than you would think.... sure you don't add 100% duration so it seems bad but when you have a trin on your team you can spam it constantly stacking up for a ridiculous duration, from which point you don't need to bother with it again for a long time....

Tl;Dr vaubans Perpetual vortex augment is a Quality of life augment that allows the vauban to do stuff other than throw out a vortex every few seconds.

All of the change to X element ones seem really situational. I mean at what point do you go "My teammate needs ice damage on their attacks!"

Hydroid's healing puddle is a huge wtf. I mean it works, but wtf.

Limbo's healing banish....well banish makes people hiss like wet cats so that's not really useful.

Loki's switch teleport mod. Sure it gives invincibility but your teammate will spend all those seconds trying to figure out where the hell they are.

Total Eclipse. Sounds good in theory but it's 5 meters which blew everyone's gasket when it was vacuum's range.

Anti-matter absorb, another good one in theory but would work better if it was a dumb-fire ability. 

Mind Freak, enemy AI is too wonky to use effectively.

Chaos Sphere.....I honestly don't know what use it would be. A Nyx built for chaos would cover the entire map anyways.

Ironclad makes charge into a spam ability if you really did want to use it effectively.

Pool of life, good in theory but it instantly restores all of an enemies health making it a chore to use effectively. Probably why people just use blessing.

Swing line is too situational. Not many vertical maps. Though I can't really hate on a mod that basically makes you Spiderman.

But Vauban takes the cake. Laser tripwires were one-upped by his prime upgrades to his arsenal. Bastille people just spam anyways. Vortex see bastille.