Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, the next prime...

Flashbinder

3 hours ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

Why do i have this strange feeling that Daikyu Prime will happen soon, Rebecca used Daikyu out of every freaking weapon there is in the last Devstream which made me imagine its a hint xD

Daiku Prime would be interesting to have since it'll be a Golden Longbow. Maybe an AkMagnus Prime to go with it?

I'm hoping it's Banshee Prime.

Valkyr Prime next year (February or March?) would be a great way for them to kick off 2017 with some high burst DP$ on the Tenno treasure vaults.

Broberon Prime and Hydroid would be total wild cards, but maybe with some tweaks and dare I say buffs could actually be pretty well received.

(Interested to see if Hydroid Prime has some kind of golden showers effect like we see with Frost and his yellow snow, derp!)

Anyhow as to Banshee I'll say that sadly I didn't find her very interesting when I leveled her up so once she was capped she just sat there and did not.

I did really like her Deluxe skin and picked it up when it came out but still didn't take her back into the field to play.

Then come getting all excited for Halloween spoopy frame fun times and thinking about people had been said that she's a good frame to play to keep your skills sharp (because she is so squish) so  I re-costumed her up, gave her the Resonance mod and OMG she's been so much fun now!

She's been nice for helping my newbie buddy level some of his mastery fodder since I use Sonar with Resonance so much that when I tell him "shoot the glowing spot" he says "everything on them is a glowing spot, I can't miss it!" haha

Cheers!
~R~

I wonder, I wonder if they're going to announce Valkyr Pri... I mean the next prime at PAXAUS. The only thing that's been hinted at so far is the spear gun, but there's a lot of other stuff as well, and since they're probably not going to spoil any new War Within content, the only other thing lying in the foreseeable future is the next prime pack.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

AkLex for the DMC fan's wet dreams? 

I don't think they'll prime an Ak weapon that already has a prime counterpart, i.e. Vasto Prime and Lex Prime. Though it would cause a bit more grind to consider that when you need two built weapons of the same to even make an Ak or Twin.

So either AkMagnus Prime or maybe Pyrana Prime for my personal preference.

On 11/2/2016 at 0:59 AM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Vauban had and has a dedicated and quite sizable userbase, and not only are the results of his abilities a lot more easily grasped by non-Vauban players, most of them also scale indefinitely. The effectiveness of most of Banshee's abilities are difficult to gauge by other players - Sonar being the big exception - while their window of opportunity is also a lot smaller. 'Oh, a knock down. Oh, weakspots. Oh a short glowy AoE stagger. Oh, an invisible stagger with so-so damage. Compare that to Vauban's 'Ohh, shiny zapping balls. Ohh multi tool. Ohh, AoE CC net. Ohh black hole gravity trap.' Not saying I'm not fine with the visual effects of Banshee's abilities. As a "wraith" her attacks shouldn't be super flashy, but I'm hoping that at some point a little visual upgrade to SQ's waves will reflect the range of the ability's influence more accurately than it does now.

Visual range of SQ to match effects? Please no.

4:07 can you imagine that range ever having a visual effect? Because I couldn't, it would probably be blinding for everyone.

On 11/2/2016 at 0:59 AM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Vauban had and has a dedicated and quite sizable userbase, and not only are the results of his abilities a lot more easily grasped by non-Vauban players, most of them also scale indefinitely. The effectiveness of most of Banshee's abilities are difficult to gauge by other players - Sonar being the big exception - while their window of opportunity is also a lot smaller. 'Oh, a knock down. Oh, weakspots. Oh a short glowy AoE stagger. Oh, an invisible stagger with so-so damage. Compare that to Vauban's 'Ohh, shiny zapping balls. Ohh multi tool. Ohh, AoE CC net. Ohh black hole gravity trap.' Not saying I'm not fine with the visual effects of Banshee's abilities. As a "wraith" her attacks shouldn't be super flashy, but I'm hoping that at some point a little visual upgrade to SQ's waves will reflect the range of the ability's influence more accurately than it does now.

Visual range of SQ to match effects? Please no.

4:07 can you imagine that range ever having a visual effect? Because I couldn't, it would probably be blinding for everyone.

13 hours ago, Flashbinder said:

3 minutes ago, Flashbinder said:

NEVER! We will discuss the next prime untill it's released, and then discuss the next one afterward!

True . . .

Although we get a new identical thread every week anyway . 

OP doesn't know the history/pattern, people wish for <fotm grineer weapon> Prime, someone posts an explanation of the pattern and how it would play out for the rest of the current frames, and then a wiseguy mentions nova

The only thing that changes is which frame is up next. 

These should be a megathread . 

15 hours ago, Sebastianx said:

Visual range of SQ to match effects? Please no

I main Banshee, so I konw how her effects look. My point still stands. Of course you can't blanket an entire area in that effect, but if you turned down the intensity it'd definitely work. All I'm saying is that SQ's effect in particular is misleading, so I'd like to see some visual indicator of what area is affected. A circumference wouldn't cut it half of the time since often enough SQ area of influence ends behind walls. That's why an spread out blast effect with the height of Hallowed Ground would be beneficial.