The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro's 50th PC Dissapointment Anniversary Tomorrow

Voltage

1 minute ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

So, that's it?

One new and useful Primed mod

> "useful"

Depends, if you wanna put a D polarity on all of your weapons, which can pretty much used exclusively for this one mod?
If you ever wanna switch your build to not include cold damage you now have a D polarity on your weapon you can use for nothing else. :l

5 minutes ago, Ryouhi said:

> "useful"

Depends, if you wanna put a D polarity on all of your weapons, which can pretty much used exclusively for this one mod?
If you ever wanna switch your build to not include cold damage you now have a D polarity on your weapon you can use for nothing else. :l

Viral all the things! 

9 minutes ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

a couple of new primed mods on 50th visit,

They've never implied there would be more than one new primed mod. Why would you expect this? Is getting a new primed mod really not enough for you?

And that decoration for the orbiter is really cool. We've been asking for a table for a long time, and DE gave one to us. But I guess some people will never be satisfied...

1 minute ago, Ryouhi said:

> "useful"

I was actually going to write "controversially useful" or "somewhat useful".

It is just that few of my weapons can use it and to be honest, elemental mods are not as bad as a few released before.

1 minute ago, TheyreFood said:

people are never happy... jeez, they could have literally gave you nothing, they could just have baro stop coming for a while (again)... you guys need to stop being so BM :/

Yes, let's stop critiqueing on the forums, made to give devs feedback.

Just compare it to the primed Heated charge though, if you want to switch it out for a different elemental combo, you can simply switch it for another element, because most of them use the dash polarity - great.

With the cold one however, aside from being the only elemental with a D polarity, it's generally the only useful mod you can put in a D slot anyway, so if you forma in a D for the new primed mod, you won't be able to properly switch it out anymore.

That's less a problem with them giving us this new mod, but simply a bad idea to have only one decent mod for D-Slots

11 minutes ago, Ryouhi said:

> "useful"

There's always forma-ing every other slot....

Okay, so I'll admit this will be hard to use. But I'ma work out something! You just watch!

1 minute ago, Azrael said:

They've never implied there would be more than one new primed mod. Why would you expect this? Is getting a new primed mod really not enough for you?

No, they did not. But if it was one single Primed mod, there was no need to act like they have something special for the 50th visit. Having one new primed mod is nothing special. It is what Baro is supposed to bring every once in a while.

Getting a single new primed mod after all those acting for 50th Baro visit hurr-durr isn't enough.

5 minutes ago, Azrael said:

But I guess some people will never be satisfied...

And I guess some people will always be satisfied...

Just now, Azrael said:

There's always forma-ing every other slot....

Okay, so I'll admit this will be hard to use. But I'ma work out something! You just watch!

Yes, but they're useful for more than ONE SINGLE MOD.

Dash? you can switch around all of the elementals for different combos (other than cold...), lot's of other useful mods

V? Almost all of the Damage mods use these, lots of other useful mods

D? Cold Damage... and hammershot i guess?

1 minute ago, Vesiga said:

depending on what build you can use to work around you can use the 60% status + the primed.

IIRC Tonkor can use it with no issues.

Even then, you're pretty much locked to that build however, the only thing you could switch it out for would be hammershot (works on tonkor i guess)

47 minutes ago, Ryouhi said:

D? Cold Damage... and hammershot i guess?

On many weapons it is possible to fit the mod without putting a D on the weapon. Some will need a D to use it, but many do not.

50 minutes ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

And I guess some people will always be satisfied...

I criticize DE's decisions all the time. I just make sure to save my criticism for when DE does something legit bad, instead of when they bring us cool new stuff but my sense of entitlement tells me it's not special enough and I need to act like they're taking something away from me instead of giving me something new.

7 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Now we know: Tenno smoke.

Now we just need some fan art that features a cigar and a glass of whiskey on a table!

Great....even though it's been over a year since our last prisma weapon and even longer since the first mara weapon was released, we get.......this. A joke, and a primed mod for a polarity that its almost utterly useless. Why is ice STILL a D polarity?? Every other elemental mod is a dash. If this was just put up as a joke and not actually implemented it would be funny. But no, this is Baro's 50th visit. This really is just a slap in the face to some of us DE.....

Edited by Demoonic

1 hour ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

the grand 50th visit that DE was hyping so much in the devstream.

I thought DE learned their lesson about hyping stuff and not delivering.

get off your high horse. they barely hyped it at all. Its not like they said "everyone needs to log on for his 50th because were going to give you something you cant live without and will literally change the game" they said it was his 50th and that it would be special. And guess what? it was! 

4 primed mods (2 of which are basically must have)

4 event impact mods

2 weapons

10! cosmetic items!!

prisma shade

and 2 decorations for your liset!

AND THE GOOD STUFF WAS DISCOUNTED!

DE basically just said "here have everything good for half the price"

1 minute ago, HerpDerpy said:

get off your high horse. they barely hyped it at all. Its not like they said "everyone needs to log on for his 50th because were going to give you something you cant live without and will literally change the game" they said it was his 50th and that it would be special. And guess what? it was! 

4 primed mods (2 of which are basically must have)

4 event impact mods

2 weapons

10! cosmetic items!!

prisma shade

and 2 decorations for your liset!

AND THE GOOD STUFF WAS DISCOUNTED!

DE basically just said "here have everything good for half the price"

Thank you so much for pointing this out.

You know what's disappointing? The over-exaggerated use of unfunny in-jokes like Clem and Primed disappointment.

Oh and I'm not surprised about Baro's newly brought wares, it's just that DE refuses to add new, better stuff instead of worthless items like Primed cryo.

Yeah, primed cryo. Beneficial.

Edited by heskaroid