The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Sentinels Immortal

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

Right now carrier prime is still the best sentinel in the game, in part, because he has the best survivability in the game, as far as sentinels go.

The solution? Just make all sentinels immortal instead.  Rather than make them immune to all damage, make it so when they "die," they go into a self-repair mode. During this time they would still be beside you, but since they are focused on repairing themselves, they would not be able to use their precepts.

It would also stop breaking the flow of gameplay when players run off to let themselves die to get their sentinel back.

The regen mod could be modified so that instead of it being a chance to revive under the old system, it would reduce the amount of time a sentinel required to repair itself.

Edited by D20

Tie its health to Warframe so it healed when Warframe is healed (Life Strike) or take damage when Warframe itself take damage or something like that?

The only time it takes damage by itself when its equipped with a weapon and drawing attention to itself!?

18 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

The regen mod could be modified so that instead of it being a chance to revive under the old system, it would reduce the amount of time a sentinel required to repair itself.

YESSSS

DE, please, no more mods, this not about forma or polarity but there's really no space for mods, almost all mods are becoming essential so its time to make few things innate, pawsse? :'(

30 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Right now carrier prime is still the best sentinel in the game, in part, because he has the best survivability in the game, as far as sentinels go.

The solution? Just make all sentinels immortal instead.  Rather than make them immune to all damage, make it so when they "die," they go into a self-repair mode. During this time they would still be beside you, but since they are focused on repairing themselves, they would not be able to use their precepts.

It would also stop breaking the flow of gameplay when players run off to let themselves die to get their sentinel back.

And might I ask why did you said specifically to make "Carrier Prime" immortal in the title? How many times do I have to say to fix those titles. since they are very important and give the tone to half of the conversation of the forum?

Like this, most people that read this forum will have a 'triggered' attitude.

5 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

And might I ask why did you said specifically to make "Carrier Prime" immortal in the title? How many times do I have to say to fix those titles. since they are very important and give the tone to half of the conversation of the forum?

Like this, most people that read this forum will have a 'triggered' attitude.

Or you could spend the 30 seconds  to read the OP (let alone the thread itself) before commenting.

1 minute ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Or you could spend the 30 seconds  to read the OP (let alone the thread itself) before commenting.

Yes, since it's so hard to make a coherent tile from the get go and instead you should babble afterwards how everything that is in the title is not actually what you meant, like you do now.

2 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Yes, since it's so hard to make a coherent tile from the get go and instead you should babble afterwards how everything that is in the title is not actually what you meant, like you do now.

Try reading the OP, and you will see that it is exactly what I meant and how it relates. If you are only going to read the title and not even bother with the post then you would not have anything to contribute anyway.

If you don't like it then just move on rather than trying to purposely derail the thread. If you think it is in violation of the rules (I don't) then just report it to the mods and leave their jobs to them.

I will admit, the regen mod is rather pointless, especially in high end missions. Bombard just nuke it, it revives and then instant nuke again. Having a Sentinal on an Auto repair system would work great. The length of time it takes to revive could also be increased with each death.

Having a Sentinel is now somewhat required with some builds, such as my Nekros build, I NEED Vacuum. Not having vacuum makes my build clunky and sporadic, so having an auto repair system would work great. After all, we can actively revive Kubrows and Kavats. Seems unfair that Sentinels cannot be met with the same treatment.

inb4 "no you can't do that it takes away kubrow/kavat survivability niche"

otherwise yes. I've had this idea going around in my head for the better part of this year but specifically making Regeneration do what it says but more than once.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Try reading the OP, and you will see that it is exactly what I meant and how it relates. If you are only going to read the title and not even bother with the post then you would not have anything to contribute anyway.

If you don't like it then just move on rather than trying to purposely derail the thread. If you think it is in violation of the rules (I don't) then just report it to the mods and leave their jobs to them.

And all this until now was still easier to do that changing the title to suit the thread, right?

They do have a point, mate. I mean no offense by that, but the title IS misleading and that should be avoided. Yeah sure, reading the OP shows what you actually mean, but the title of the thread is supposed to give you an overview what your core statement is - Which is in this case that all Sentinels need to be buffed.

10 minutes ago, Hieracon said:

Or you know... you could just start paying attention to your sentinels health and drop health restores when its damaged. Its not that hard.

People actually use these things?!?! 

Jokes aside, I would be very much for the notion of the sentinels being able to get back into the fight after they "died", and the self-repair-theme actually sounds pretty good. It would put them somewhat on par with the companions as far revivalbility goes. However I think that this will not be implimented without some kind of limitation. Maybe like having it limited to 10 "revives" or something like that.

21 minutes ago, Hieracon said:

Or you know... you could just start paying attention to your sentinels health and drop health restores when its damaged. Its not that hard.

LOL that's the funniest thing I've heard in a while.  good job!

Their niche is that they can be instantly revived with player interaction. The sentinel niche would be that they are us-usable for a time, but eventually come back without interaction.

Good point. However as I stated before I do not think that this will be implemented without any limitations - For Kubrows you have that once they bleedout they cannot be revived, even if you use a Revive yourself. What do you think would be limitation for Sentinels if your suggest Improvement is being implemented?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Their niche is that they can be instantly revived with player interaction. The sentinel niche would be that they are us-usable for a time, but eventually come back without interaction.

No I know that.

But I remember seeing a similar thread to this and there were a bunch of people evidently pissed at the idea of sentinels getting the same level of survivability as a kubrow or kavat.

Just buff the pets, you know? Just because Kavats and Kubrows suck (in some aspects) doesn't mean Sents' should too. Means pets should get buffed. It is a PvE game, after all, right?

Edited by Keybopsef

1 minute ago, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

the title of the thread is supposed to give you an overview what your core statement is

The core statement, is that the reason Carrier P is the most used is his survivability and that they should just go all the way with it.  Then they should bring the rest of the sentinels along for the ride.

The OP is only like 7 sentences long, anyway. If you can't focus for 7 sentences then there is nothing I can do.

3 minutes ago, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

Good point. However as I stated before I do not think that this will be implemented without any limitations - For Kubrows you have that once they bleedout they cannot be revived, even if you use a Revive yourself. What do you think would be limitation for Sentinels if your suggest Improvement is being implemented?

Perhaps having a one-per-mission sentinel reconstruction kit that can only be used to revive your sentinel should you die while it's regeneration?

'Cause in that regard it really would be a bit unfair to pets even though it makes logical sense.

Edit: heck that could be Regeneration's new function.

Edited by Keybopsef

1 minute ago, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

If your carrier dies, you would have to go without it for say "60 seconds" as an example. That is the limitation. While you would still see it next to you, it would be in repair mode and functionally useless for those 60 seconds. That's a huge limitation.

3 minutes ago, Keybopsef said:

Means pets should get buffed.

We are already asking for the pets to get a universal vacuum equivalent.

A repair mode would be cool, but that doesn't solve or negate the issue with their survivability.

The timer should increase exponentially the more times it has to repair itself, but ultimately this is only a bandaid solution. If they can still die easily, then I can just see them fully repairing themselves, getting one shot again, and then repeating the process.

I'm 100% behind the idea, I think it's legitimate. But Sentinels should still be more durable/survivable/bullet spongey than they are currently.