The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes - How many are really left?

Kashuken

3 minutes ago, Kashuken said:

Banshee does not make music or you are tone deaf.

Nova/volt/limbo are not time frames, time can either be speeded up, slowed down or frozen and nova/volt only speed up/slow down movement and not time.

Music is nothing but a (subjective) arrangement of sounds, and banshee uses sounds. Whether you like the sound or not its beside the point. Some people think rap is music, I disagree. 

As far as speeding up or slowing down enemies/allies, that's the only way time warp could work in the game given that slowing down time for your self would interfere with other player's game. Hence what Nova and Frost do is in fact a form of time warp. Also given that space and time are directly related Limbo's ability to cross the rift means he has master the manipulation of time. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Music is nothing but a (subjective) arrangement of sounds, and banshee uses sounds. Whether you like the sound or not its beside the point. Some people think rap is music, I disagree. 

335750_1325650392060_500_282.jpg

bards the music frame there for bashee is sound

Edited by hazerddex

Okay firstly Vauban is designed as a technician fram, as in, like, an engineer, all his stuff is technology based, energy fields, tesla coils, singularities, it's just future science stuff.

Secondly Limbo is actually the stage magician frame, note his top hat! The idea being that limbo, is the place the rabbit comes from, when pulled from a hat.

Mirage is mooore like a Jester style based frame, or more specifically a harlequin. Think about it, utilizing pranks, smoke and mirrors, performing and I mean heck, she even has a helmet literally called harlequin and her default helmet resembles harlequin hats as well. It also borrows a lot of ideas from the beguiler a table top rpg class based around illusions and such.

Oberon on the other hand is literally named after the king of the fairies indicating a theme of nature, reinforced by his purchasable skin. He was originally introduced as a paladin styled frame.

Also Nyx isn't just telekinesis...in fact she's got more of a just general mental power thing going on, what with all the mind control and all.

Edit: also just for reference sake, Nezha is also largely fire themed, so it's likely that isn't going to stop them.

Edited by Neonir

22 minutes ago, Kashuken said:

Narrow view when it is right?

Mesa is a gun frame

Rhino is a tank frame but a rhino is a big beast which charges and stomps but not sur eon the roar

Day night frame is equinox

Only bug frame is Inaros with scarabs

Yet, you said it your self as Rhino roar doesn't make sense with the tank frame label. Also Equinox isn't the first frame that has something to do with light/shade as mirage was the first. Then you call Inaros a bug frame, yet he has a sand tornado (that has nothing to do with bugs), and the next infested warframe is also going to have bugs (maggots) coming out of him. 

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Oberon is more of a Druid frame, not a Paladin. Rhino is the Paladin frame imo. 

Look I mean...Like, Thematically I agree with you on the oberon front, right?

He's got freakin' goat legs for heavens sake, he's got a solid nature theme going on, and all that goes together to make a pretty neat druid theme...'cept for a couple of things.

Firstly, and I quote from his introduction and literally his description in the wiki:

Oberon is a paladin among Warframes, endowed with zealous offensive powers and sacred protective skills.

Like...I wanna say I'm on board with you here, but what I said is objectively true.

Secondly he was marketed using a mace, which is pretty much one of the most "I am a paladin/cleric" weapons there is, and has a visual style resembling shining armour, a veeery paladinny trait, which is all but totally absent in druids who classically, wear pelts, like our friend Chroma.

Also rhino isn't a paladin frame, Rhino is the bull-headed (or, if you will, rhino-headed) warrior frame. Having a weird mix of healing and harming is a key feature of being a paladin and rhino's only got the harming. Nezha is closer to being a pally than rhino...hell, Nezha is closer to being a pally than Oberon in a lot of ways, but that doesn't change the fact that Oberon was designed to be a paladin class.

Edited by Neonir

49 minutes ago, Kashuken said:

Powers wise it could freeze time or speed it up maybe but kinda limited it seems.

Time freeze or speed up wouldn't be anything new, since we already have several frames that can do just that. Rhino, Frost, Nova, etc...
I'd rather play around with the idea of time rewinding.

For instance, if you die while a certain power is active, you'll rewind time and revive yourself (power could drain energy while its active and drain full energy after a revive).

Another could be "clone replay". That creates a clone that replays the last 10 sec. For instance, you go rambo into a crowd of high level enemies taking heavy damage. Than hit the replay power and you go back in time. At that time, a clone of yourself will replay the action you did for those 10 sec, while you can take a different route yourself and prevent taking heavy damage, while the clone does all the killing and disappears after those 10 sec.

A simple rewind could also be handy. Accidentally triggered an alarm? Rewind! Took a heavy damage? Rewind! Lost your sentinel? Rewind!
This could be a "hold" power that rewinds as long as you hold down the power key (up to 10 or 20 sec max).

Another power could be bringing your (or your allies) past into the mission. Technically, you'd be able to run with your previous loadout for the duration of time.
For instance, if your previous loadout was Rhino, you'll switch to Rhino and play as Rhino for the duration of the power. It could be that your previous loadout simply had a different weapon or companion. The system just memorizes whatever loadout you used in a mission before you switched to the time frame.

Will need some balancing, but that's at least the approach I hope DE takes if they create a time-frame.

28 minutes ago, Neonir said:

Look I mean...Like, Thematically I agree with you on the oberon front, right?

He's got freakin' goat legs for heavens sake, he's got a solid nature theme going on, and all that goes together to make a pretty neat druid theme...'cept for a couple of things thing.

Firstly, and I quote from his introduction and literally his description in the wiki:

Like...I wanna say I'm on board with you here, but what I said is objectively true.

Secondly he was marketed using a mace, which is pretty much one of the most "I am a paladin/cleric" weapons there is, and has a visual style resembling shining armour, a veeery paladinny trait, which is all but totally absent in druids who classically, wear pelts, like our friend Chroma.

Also rhino isn't a paladin frame, Rhino is the bull-headed (or, if you will, rhino-headed) warrior frame. Having a weird mix of healing and harming is a key feature of being a paladin and rhino's only got the harming. Nezha is closer to being a pally than rhino...hell, Nezha is closer to being a pally than Oberon in a lot of ways, but that doesn't change the fact that Oberon was designed to be a paladin class.

Yea that's why I said imo for Oberon. 

This is why trying to gather most frames under a nicely classification style word is silly at best. There's so many elements most frame draw from, its very pointless to try to force them into one. I guess its just for fun though, so what ever. 

26 minutes ago, KingTaro said:

Rhino stomp literally slows down time. 
Anyway, gameplay wise, how is speeding down or up the movement speed any different from speeding up or down the time?

Rhino does not slow down time

If time speeded up then you could say any DOT procs would cause more damage in the same 10second space if time was speeded up to 10x faster.

Also the timer on any missions would have to be affected aswell.

Time would affect everything in the game, speed it up and everything gets faster

1 hour ago, KingTaro said:

A simple rewind could also be handy. Accidentally triggered an alarm? Rewind! Took a heavy damage? Rewind! Lost your sentinel? Rewind!
This could be a "hold" power that rewinds as long as you hold down the power key (up to 10 or 20 sec max).

13 seconds is the only acceptable value. 

27 minutes ago, Kashuken said:

Rhino does not slow down time

If time speeded up then you could say any DOT procs would cause more damage in the same 10second space if time was speeded up to 10x faster.

Also the timer on any missions would have to be affected aswell.

Time would affect everything in the game, speed it up and everything gets faster

Rhino does manipulate time, that's the description of the Stomp.

ksTDvpR.png

As for the proc,'s, I think you're thinking in terms of the old Saryn build, in which she could only have 1 proc at a time with her ult, right?
However, the proc's (like slash) can stack, so speeding up the process would barely have an impact. I mean, if you can apply 10 procs in 5 sec, it doesn't matter that much the proc finishes in 2 sec or 5 sec. Because you still need 5 sec to apply 10 procs.
I can see time speed up/down working on some aspects of the game, like mission timers (e.g. Survival) as you mentioned.
But at the moment, I'm not convinced it can give us anything that we're really missing at the moment.