Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the first good Corpus melee weapon!

(PSN)robotwars7

Serro? nah, it ain't bad, but it's about as good as the Sydon..

Prova vandal? don't make me laugh.

Secura Lecta? well....

it seems that it IS possible for a Corpus melee weapon to be good after all! this thing kicks a$$! I've been using it all day and I would definitely put it right up there with the Atterax as a contender for best whip ever. good for credit farming, great for getting those pesky Crewmen back in line and showing that Tech who's boss. I can only hope that those new Tonfas are going to be as good. don't spoil it now DE!

so what are your thoughts on the new Syndicate melees? which are good or bad, let me know! (I'll be getting them all anyway, just wanting a positive discussion regarding the update now that everything's fixed)

15 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I would definitely put it right up there with the Atterax as a contender for best whip ever.

eehhhhh Atterax can deal hundreds of thousands of damage per hit, has an amazing critical chance/multiplier, and procs slash that benefits from that crit damage, so Secura Lecta is not quite on that level. However, I will agree that it seems to be a good weapon. Status weapons do scale pretty well, though, which is nice. I imagine it's definitely worth using and is probably a fun weapon. 

As for the other part of the OP, I quite like the Dark Dagger despite it being a very underwhelming weapon. It looks good. The Sancti Magistar is also good. Not quite on par with War, but still a good weapon. Sydon also has good stats. Don't care for the effect, though. The rest are meh. 

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

Wow, I thought it was the new Corpus tonfa thread xD

Yeah, I loved the Lecta and I was very excited for the Secura variant. It's stronger than the regular so, yup, I love it too. Wish it had its syndicate effect tweaked a bit. Say, increase its channeling damage and have channeled melee kills guarantee a credit drop.

Still waiting for the new tonfa, I hope it's decent :wink: 

Serro was alright at the time.  It may lack sheer damage but it's very easy to use, just like a polearm and it proc like no tomorrow.

Secular Lecta, too, just like Serro with more coverage and proc even more.

Take an advantage of how they can proc easily and turn unpopular elemental procs (electric,gas) into a deadly fart storm. :smile:

My current Secular Lecta builds using a maimstrike mod with gas and electric and keep spinning until the map is clean and shinny (or my shift and ctrl button refuse to get up).
The downside is it pretty weak when performing a regular melee combo and it's even weaker when facing a shock eximus or a toxic ancient.