The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Oberon's passive

Neear

All this time I've felt Oberon's passive was useless and he needed a new one...Then I went to do my MR22 test when suddenly...

BEHOLD MY KAVAT ARMY AND TREMBLE...

I would love for Oberon to still get a better passive as this will never really happen while in mission, but still this made my day and I thought I'd share.

Just now, Beggining said:

Did they actually manage to kill anything? :D I heard that their AI is terrible, so most people don't like Oberon's passive D:

They killed some off eventually lol it was hilarious though they just swarmed them and the enemies forgot all about me for the time being. :crylaugh:

I assumed Oberon's passive is more for the "cool" factor.  It's pretty awesome to have a small army and it is nice not be attacked by a horde of animals.  I think what needs to happen is that a larger variety of animals is introduced to more tilesets and animals that are either your pets or part of your mind-controlled army should get some kind of buff. 

33 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Did they actually manage to kill anything? :D I heard that their AI is terrible, so most people don't like Oberon's passive D:

Their AI sucks but they do draw fire so they turn Hyekkas and Drahks into temporary tanks for you.

The problem is that it holds up extermination missions and such.

I really like his passive, however, so I really don't want to see it changed.

2 hours ago, Neear said:

All this time I've felt Oberon's passive was useless and he needed a new one...Then I went to do my MR22 test when suddenly...

Reveal hidden contents

I would love for Oberon to still get a better passive as this will never really happen while in mission, but still this made my day and I thought I'd share.

Are you kidding? Of course this happens during missions!

Rolling with Kavats on Mars, or an army of Kubrows farming eggs and mods on Earth, I swim through a skin sea of teeth and claws! :devil:

42 minutes ago, KiryuKusakabe said:

nekros can have a more impressive army if you only kill grumpy dog guys and crazy cat ladies. but still impressive.

Yes, but  Nekros is constrained by how many you can kill before your teammates do, Oberon doesn't have that constraint. 

21 hours ago, Neear said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's worse than useless:

Dog bites you from behind and you swing around to cut it down only to have it turned friendly. A moment later while you are busy shooting it takes a new bite at you and again you are not allowed to dispose of it. Etc.

If only it could at least be toggled to be off by default.

He really just needs a built in Regeneration. It'd fit his theme, would be easy to implement and would be a welcome Passive for him as a Healer. Either that, or make him gain Armor for Health lost. This way, his Healing will be incredibly crucial, as he'll get tougher the longer he tanks damage with his 3.

His Passives are honestly overcomplicated and way too specific to get much use out of. His Passive for Companions would be nice if he could actually give them some decent stats.

I don't know, I feel his Passive is like Hydroid's, cool in theory, terrible in practice.