Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] Faction Invasion Changes Feedback

[DE]Danielle

I think there are two problems with the Invasion system:

1. Missions: it uses known mission types without adding something new. The slight modifications don't change the original aspect of the mission, and because of this, Invasion missions feel quite the same as their respective non-Invasion type. Can I be caught off guard by the mission type changing every 15 minutes? Yes, but after this, I already know how to properly adequate my gear, and again we will do the same known mission types.
  2. Battle: in order to gain control over a place, factions put to test their army, time and resources. However, no matter what faction you choose to help, what you find is few, scattered, weaker friendly units, with no actual strategy, no purpose other than dying. You are not helping the faction, you are doing all the job alone. Which means, if you weren't there, the faction would be fighting a clearly lost battle. And when you are there, there is still no battle. There is no atmosphere of a conflict over the area.

There are no signs that one is winning/losing, no backup arrives, no signs of higher security standards at the last moments. The Invasion progress is either "in conflict" or "conflict has ended". Were your actions helpful? If yes, how? What advances did they bring? If no, why? Did the enemy apply countermeasures? Currently, there is nothing about this. There is only quick victory for the best prize, or everlasting conflicts that gives a reward I can get more easily on lower level conflicts.

If there were no rewards for helping a faction, there would be little interest in playing Invasions, because this system alone brings nothing particularly new.

But I believe that Invasions could be more than a simple mix. This system could have a mission mechanic which would make the player interact with the faction, giving a more concrete sense on how Tenno are there to help, and not to do the whole job alone.

1. Missions: When "Invasion" comes to my mind, I imagine that there is a plan in which smaller objectives must be completed before victory. These smaller steps are the missions, and every mission requires a specific strategy. However, in a conflict, I suppose unpredictable things happen and we may have to address these problems before the mission's main objective. Those would be secondary missions. And by secondary missions I mean: to help your friendly faction. Examples: reaching an isolated squad before they die and fending off enemies while backup doesn't arrive, helping a saboteur while he's on his way to a control room, turning off defense mechanisms to allow friendly backup to arrive, helping a squad to maintain hold of a specific room, etc. 
    -Personal note: I think that to destroy the enemy, you must know him well first. So missions like Interception an Spy should appear more frequently in the early 10% of an Invasion. At the middle 30%, more Rescue and Sabotage. At the last 10%, more Capture and Exterminate.
  2. Battle: Successfully completing both primary and secondary objectives would make the "faction control %" rise the biggest %, while completing only the primary would make it rise a smaller %. At 30% control lost, the faction in disadvantage would deploy reinforcements, decreasing the speed at which % is lost ( everyone that plays Invasion at this moment on will make the % rise only at the lower value). At the last 10%, the faction in disadvantage will have only their stronger units packed together, so the mission level would be higher. 

That's it. Sorry for long text.

I already whould be happy if we get credits offered from invasions like the old system.

Some are in need of Credits for mod maxing, maybe Endo aswell because, i am on my part drown in Fieldrons, Mutagen Mass and Detonit Injectors and taht was before the invasion change.

While we at it could we get some use for the fieldron, mass and injector probes or atleast let us sell those for credits? Who wohuld build one now since you get 3-9 after invasion finishes each day?

So yesterday was the first weapon part invasion in ~3 weeks. I assume that the 25% chance is related to a whole month. In every month, we have one week where weapon parts invasons can appear. Which is quite low. Can't every fourth invason offer weapon parts? Because these invasions are over very fast and there are a lot of people, who can't be online for hours, because work or sleep. With a higher frequency of these weapon invasions, it would be easier for everyone to optain the parts and less stressful.

On 18/12/2016 at 5:27 AM, AizenIchi said:

So yesterday was the first weapon part invasion in ~3 weeks. I assume that the 25% chance is related to a whole month. In every month, we have one week where weapon parts invasons can appear. Which is quite low. Can't every fourth invason offer weapon parts? Because these invasions are over very fast and there are a lot of people, who can't be online for hours, because work or sleep. With a higher frequency of these weapon invasions, it would be easier for everyone to optain the parts and less stressful.

DE dont think this way.i am still waiting for some news on invasions system,right now for me they dont make any changes at all. 

2 hours ago, -F3D-Carnage said:

DE dont think this way.i am still waiting for some news on invasions system,right now for me they dont make any changes at all. 

True that, but this thread is supposed to be feedback to the new invason system and like you, I think something has to change. You want a new invasion system, I am happy with the old one, but I want some adjustments.

Even if DE doesn't think that way, someone can dream. :satisfied:

Edited by AizenIchi

7 minutes ago, AizenIchi said:

True that, but this thread is supposed to be feedback to the new invason system and like you, I think something has to change. You want a new invasion system, I am happy with the old one, but I want some adjustments.

well they made some changes a long,long,long time ago.right now De is so busy with riven mods and with update 19.5,so dont expect something so early,if you read my posts on this topic,i agree this new system is really boring and totally brings you down.my hopes for this content on release,is "yeahhhhhhhhh right now i  can finally finish some exclusive weapons and problaby get my vulkar e gorgon wraith",but in the end i get one system who gives nothing,just fake hopes.they never promisse this,the only thing they say if am right is "we gonna change the invasions for better",well that dont happen.   

4 hours ago, -F3D-Carnage said:

well they made some changes a long,long,long time ago.right now De is so busy with riven mods and with update 19.5,so dont expect something so early,if you read my posts on this topic,i agree this new system is really boring and totally brings you down.my hopes for this content on release,is "yeahhhhhhhhh right now i  can finally finish some exclusive weapons and problaby get my vulkar e gorgon wraith",but in the end i get one system who gives nothing,just fake hopes.they never promisse this,the only thing they say if am right is "we gonna change the invasions for better",well that dont happen.   

I totally agree with you. This was exactly my reacton when they announced or introduced the event weapon parts in invasions. In the first week of U 19 there were 3 invasions with weapon parts. Then 3-4 weeks of nothingness. Earlier we got 2 invasions with some parts. 

Personally I have no problem with these "easy and sometimes boring" invasions. Better than somewhat complicated like Kela De Thaym rework. I don't want to spend ~30min. in one invasion unless this one is enough to get my reward. I am sure people will complain, as always, when DE changes the invasion system to be more challenging.

The only thing what annoys me is the irregularity and the fast completation rate of the weapon parts invasions. What if some invasion appears at 22:00(my timezone) and ends at 6:00? (I have seen an invasion from ~10:00 - 17:00) I was sleeping so i have no chance to do this invasion and get the parts. Sure I could ask in the trading chat if someone got the parts, but what are the chances that I meet someone who has done this invasion and doesn't need that part and haven't sold it already? I guess quite low. And when do we get another chance to claim the weapon part we want? Next quartal, next year? We don't know.

My aim in this thread is to convince DE to change the frequncy of these invasions or make them last longer, like 23h. I don't think the algorithm with 25% (more like 25% chance in one month) chance or whatever deterimines the chances of weapon parts appearing is working fine. The current invasons are overloaded with Detonite Injectors and Fideltron.

Thanks for reading and I wish you a Merry Christmas. :highfive:

A rare event today, Saturn is seeing what I think is its first weapon part invasion.

Reminded me of how the system still needs tweaking. The suggestions can be found in this topic and have been repeated for ages:

-Make invasions longer, the ones with rare resources and parts anyway.

-Up the frequency of them, the farming will still take its time since there are so many different things on offer now and not just fieldrons and the occasional orokin catalyst blueprint.

-Provide clear feedback, info on the UI Navigation as to what mission type it will be before entering the mission, and a timer for when it will change.

• 2 weeks later...

Has there been a stealth update changing the mission types to be fixed instead of changing every 15 minutes? Because otherwise my luck has been the worst with the invasion on Saturn with the weaponparts, for the last 6 hours I've every now and then tried jumping in, but finding the mission type to be rescue, and I'm not too keen on rescuing a weak target against napalmers. Or is it bugged?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After about one month with the 50% chance of weapon-part-invasions (w-p-i) appearing there wasn't a single invasion which included the Karak W. Stock / Strun W. Reciever / Twin Viper W. Barrel. I am not including the Sheev parts, because they this weapon was added recently. I thought wouldn't it be better to increase the chance of w-p-i to 100% so there is always one available? (One leaves the next one comes) Like there is always one Fieldron vs. Detonite Injector invasion available. 

29 minutes ago, AizenIchi said:

DEs algorithm be like:"Oh you want weapon parts from invasions? Too bad.... here have 3 Fieldron vs. Detonite Injector invasions."

g7lVNaM.jpg

sad but true, i not gonna argue about the chances but the system still not reach one good spot in game.is there just to have components.and you have to do 3 times the same mission to get.BORING in others words.ask yourself this system right now looks challenge???or more on point FUN to play?. 

20 hours ago, AizenIchi said:

DEs algorithm be like:"Oh you want weapon parts from invasions? Too bad.... here have 3 Fieldron vs. Detonite Injector invasions."

Since the beginning of February there have been...

• 10 Fieldron/Detonite invasion missions (62.5%)
  • 5 Weapon part invasion missions (31.25%)
  • 1 Forma/Exilus invasion mission (6.25%)

There are plenty of weapon parts as rewards, but those missions get cleared within hours, whereas the Fieldron/Detonite missions hang around for days simply because people aren't running them.

Edited by ChuckMaverick

• 2 weeks later...

It still appears that the mission types are not changing every 15 min. This is especially annoying when the mission is defense or survival for the invasion as those take entirely too much time compared to the alternatives like capture, sab, etc. Please if you are going to leave the endless types of missions like defense as invasion types then drop it to one set of 5 waves, 5 min, etc.