The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS?] Info on 'Impossible' mod unlock

Chaos-Neo

does the difficulty of the challenge have any effect on the status boosts or weapon you get? If it's all random then that really is a stupid move on DE's parts as that's just obnoxious if you went through all that just for a terrible mod for a terrible weapon.

15 hours ago, Lemonfennec said:

Mine is to do a survival with level 30+ enemies, without using health pickups, and without killing anyone. I'm pretty sure that's actually impossible.

Ivara prowl build, steal and break containers for life support and avoid all damage so you wont pick up any of them. :)

42 minutes ago, Vitoga said:

I also have problems with my mod:

c3ErAf2.jpg

Have any of you done something like this before?

Yes I had 20 even. The thing to do is, get a Rifle (something like soma) get loki, now equip him with the mod that gives 90% more wall latch, go void or some other map that has big rooms or places that you can latch to, find a place with a lot of guys, find a snipe wall and go to town.

The aim glide ones are easy.  High RPM automatic, no damage mods, just the riven on board.  Spray at a target's head while airborne.  Once unlocked, switch to a real gun and beat the mission.  It's the one's that come with 3-4 requirements that are bull$#!%.  On the other hand, I suspect they come with more "perks."  4 headshots while gliding probably amounts to 2 stats (+damage, +crit chance as two hypotheticals.)  

Meanwhile, the lads completing the one that involves stacking the freaking odds against you to scan a symaris target might get 4 stats (+damage, + crit chance, +crit damage, -recoil.)  Mind, we've seen some where recoil or damage gets worse, plus other negative effects.  It could very well be a matter that more effects = high possibility for balancing negatives to applied.

These mods really do run the gambit of being too big a PITA to unlock, or too $#!%%& to use to be restricted to one a day via sorties.  Cool concept, miserable implementation.

14 minutes ago, DraccoDoom said:

Yes I had 20 even. The thing to do is, get a Rifle (something like soma) get loki, now equip him with the mod that gives 90% more wall latch, go void or some other map that has big rooms or places that you can latch to, find a place with a lot of guys, find a snipe wall and go to town.

Yeah, seem like the best way.

Edited by Carnage2K4

16 hours ago, shipmaster4000 said:

Sounds easy, my mod on the other hand requires me to find a level 30 defense mission, complete it by myself and it may not take a single point of damage. There are two many enemy's to do a infestation. The enemies tend to get in and get off a single bullet before I can even react. I cant find a defense mission above level 30 that's open enough to kill enemies before they get within frost shield. 

It would be easy to do It with people, It would be easy If I was mr 20 with a completely set up world on fire ember, but from what I can tell, unless you have very specialty frames I cant beat this. Akkad by myself is easy, Akkad without the defense dropping more then like 30 health, still easy. Akkad without a single point of damage is impossible with out a very specialty frame.

Hydron, Sedna. Frost, energy pizzas, press 3 and never stop pressing 4 after that.

1 hour ago, Vitoga said:

I also have problems with my mod:

c3ErAf2.jpg

Have any of you done something like this before?

Ember WoF, Equinox Slash field, Frost avalanche, etc.

Go to a lower level excavation, jump up, aim to latch to a wall, kill all the things.

Job done.

10 hours ago, DarkOvion said:

Ember WoF, Equinox Slash field, Frost avalanche, etc.

Go to a lower level excavation, jump up, aim to latch to a wall, kill all the things.

Job done.

Yes, but I can't seem to do it without raising the alarms.

And on some mission raising the alarms is required or happens all to easily.

28 minutes ago, Vitoga said:

I've had 17 enemies rounded up and shot them with my ivara while on a wall, undetected and that still doesn't work.

It didn't even count.

I have tried everything everyone has recommended, Ember, Loki, infested defense, corpus excavate, low level, high level, Soma, Tonkor, Ignis, at least a dozen times and no joy. Mine is 20 but I have gone well beyond 20 kills. 

38 minutes ago, Vitoga said:

I've had 17 enemies rounded up and shot them with my ivara while on a wall, undetected and that still doesn't work.

It didn't even count.

8 minutes ago, Eukatae said:

I have tried everything everyone has recommended, Ember, Loki, infested defense, corpus excavate, low level, high level, Soma, Tonkor, Ignis, at least a dozen times and no joy. Mine is 20 but I have gone well beyond 20 kills. 

Are you using the mod on a primary weapon? If you do not bring the mod to the mission it will not count.

Complete a survival mission with 30+ enemies without killing anyone, alone.

How in the heck am i supposed to do this?

SPOILER! Use Ivara, it can 'steal' life support modules and only need to go to 5 minutes!

Edited by HLD-Knight