The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Mods

.-KG-..-Ragulab-.

On 12/11/2016 at 10:33 AM, ShadowFox14 said:

I need to get 5 headshots in a single Aim Glide. Can't even do it with Zephyr +90% aim glide mod. The hitbox for headshots is just terrible.

I did it with Zephyr + 90% glide + the eagle something mod (the one with +zoom) on Vor, using a Braton Prime with multishot, + fire rate and the lowest damage possible in case i needed more flies.

2 hours ago, vaymar said:

I've tried it, with Ivara and perma invisibility. Everything went well. Even found all 3 cahes in the mission. But the fun part is though. the moment you are finished hacking the reactor, the map goes into auto alert mode. I mean F*** any effort you did right?

I did it with Ivara on the earth Sabotage

The trick is that aborting a mission doesn't reset the counter...

Edited by bubbabenali
humpf

On 11/12/2016 at 3:29 PM, Reifnir said:

I got a rather weird one, tbh.

In case you're wondering, it works with both Simulor and Synoid Simulor, but... Why would I even consider using it in the first place?..

Drain is over the top, and faction-specific damage bonus is completely nullified (and then some) by the total damage penalty.

SYaxtgC.jpg

I'd buy it for 60p

Already said my piece in another thread but seeing as this is the largest riven mod thread in feedback catalog, I'll share my mind again.

Main problem is that there's way too many weapons we call 'mastery fodder', it's either because there's a similar weapon doing the exact same thing but with better stats so it's plain useless due to the way enemies scale in this game. Some weapon's just won't cut it in stats or how they handle. The latter is subjective but I'd say most people go with what kills enemies anyhow.

As I understand now, you get a chance for a riven mod not be become completely trash upon unlocking it revealing it's tied to a mastery fodder weapon, so that's strike 1, next strike is you realising the stats are also trash so you now got to invest kuva to reroll trash stats for a trash weapon only hoping you get something better, for what is still a trash weapon.

What I'd like to see, when you get a veiled riven mod. Equipping it on a weapon, and completing the challenge will make that mod LOCKED to that weapon. With this, people can take their favorite weapon, whatever it may be and have a probably bad riven mod, that they can invest in (rerolls) knowing if they get anything good, it'll be for a weapon they enjoy.

As for the reroll prices, I think a set price of 1k/each is fair enough.

Until you can have some impact on what type of weapon the mod will be for, I'll keep my veiled mods stocked and just forget that you introduced them at all.

Edited by haloamted
italic txt

On 11/12/2016 at 10:37 PM, Zyreist said:

My first riven mod turned out to be...

Boltor Scicron

+146.4% Slash

+167.1% Critical chance

-24.4% ammo capacity...

My reaction? Pretty much as follows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS-07dh9-NA

I really think the mods need some sort of mechanism to prevent them from having entirely useless traits(because for instance, low crit chance aside, the boltor can't even do slash in the first place)

Literally the worst thing ever lol. But I love the boltor and I really want a riven mod for it :( . But tbh these mods are bothersome. 

Edited by Tensu777

On 11/13/2016 at 6:58 AM, WimsattTtten said:

I need to get 17 kills in a row while wall dashing or wall climbing without touching the floor and without raising any alarms. anyone got any ideas that could help me

Explosive weapon, ivara, noise arrows.

i need to get 4 caches without being detected (SOLUTION FOUND)

1) find 4 caches when only 3 appear? It STACKS

2) DOING THE MAIN OBJECTIVE IN A SABOTAGE AUTO DETECTS YOU IF YOU BLOW UP THE ENGINE YOU MUST FREEZE IT 

4041a8710865438e99666d9f6e1dace0.jpg

Edited by Wooo0olf

1 hour ago, Wooo0olf said:

i need to get 4 caches without being detected (SOLUTION FOUND)

1) find 4 caches when only 3 appear? It STACKS

2) DOING THE MAIN OBJECTIVE IN A SABOTAGE AUTO DETECTS YOU IF YOU BLOW UP THE ENGINE YOU MUST FREEZE IT 

4041a8710865438e99666d9f6e1dace0.jpg

As I said above already aborting a mission doesn't reset your progress.

Find 3, abort, find one, et voilà your new unvailed riven mod.

Gambling and randomness should not be the sole end of progression in any game. This game is built on random drop chances. That is fine. But once you have the item or mod you have it. Its not like one day in trying to upgrade my primed continuity only to put endo into it and have it suddenly become negative duration and power. 

I really don't want to go farm kuva forever to get a chance to possibly get a better mod, with an equal chance to get a worse mod. 

Please change the concept of riven mods to affect operator powers/stats. Getting looked at in a sortie while trying to get kuva and 'dieing' only to go back to my frame with 0 energy, is unpleasant to say the least.

So I unlocked my first Riven mod. Vulklok Magna-decitio!

+ 92% Status duration

+ 121.8% Impact

+ 77.9% Electricity

- 37.6% Ammo maximum

Sounds great. My understanding is that sentinel weapons (Vulklok) have unlimited ammo, so no real negative, only three positives. So I equip the Vulklok and take a look. Turns out it only does Electricity damage, so the 122% impact damage is completely wiped out. Is this a bug, giving you benefits for a specific weapon that do nothing? Sadly, this has only left me confused and slightly let down.

I feel like these mods are meant to encourage players to use more weapons.

For example, a friends rolled a riven mod and got +100% to multishot and damage on the opticor. That would immediately make me pick it up.

It'll make some gimmick weapons such as the Stradaver worth using. A good riven mod would make me want to use it over some of my main weapons.

1 hour ago, Koboldion said:

I feel like these mods are meant to encourage players to use more weapons.

This mod doesn't... Paracyst doesn't have recoil and doesn't do slash damage, so just negative status duration. These mods shouldn't ever be a default re-roll. Geez, even my Karak riven mod has negative recoil (karak has very little recoil). Would it be too much to ask that the random stats on these mods are limited to actual strengths/weakness of the target weapons? This lottery is tiresome.

OYvxl2h.jpg