Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Mods

.-KG-..-Ragulab-.

55 minutes ago, SaurusRex said:

I see we've gone from power creep to full on power sprint with these mods. Check this monstrous thing out from reddit:

-snip-

You basically have point strike, serration (sort of?), and cryo rounds in a single mod. And this is within 24h of the update dropping. The rakta cernos (yes, it works on that) has over 130% crit chance with this and point strike. Of all the things we need in Warframe, it sure as hell isn't even stronger weapons. Sortie-level enemies can already be 1-shot by a variety of setups, and now we get these. Provided you get past the necessary RNG, of course. I was hoping for some cool augments or new tricks like the arcanes, instead we get straight up god mods.

And before anyone says, "Hey, DE gave you something really cool and all you can do is complain lololol", all this leads to is more annoying elements with cheesy gimmicks and invulnerability phases to try and avoid getting annihilated by our ever-stronger weapons of mass destruction the instant they appear on screen. We really don't need even more power, especially when it's just going to be locked behind another tedious RNG grind anyway.

This introduces no new tactics, no interesting builds, no emergent gameplay, no new sources of fun. It's just making our big numbers even bigger.

To be honest, the problem is that suddenly these Riven mods are available for weapons which are already S+ tier like Tonkor, Simulor etc. I thought DE meant actually giving mods like these to the UNDERPERFOMED weapons which would have been amazing.

Instead we get RNG mods with completely RNG stats for weapons that don't even need them. Really makes me wonder what DE was thinking with this. I guess they only think about all the money profit they get from people buying Platinum to trade the most "meta OP mods" for Tonkors etc.

Stuff like this is very, very healthy for the game balance (damage 3.0 no?):

Tonkor_Riven.jpg

Edited by Judqment8

21 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

latest?cb=20161112223513

I'm up all night to get lucky~

You sir are a lucky man/women

I cannot wait to see if there are melee secondary and warframe varients.... Jesus Christ! Good job DE, my body is ready!

I need this in my life!

Edited by protomanex14

The accidental release of Primed Point Blank is an ant hill compared to this mountain of a mistake. People are selling Tonkor and Soma mods on the market for 500-1500 plat, any nerfs are going to cause an uproar and my hopes for Damage 3.0 are quickly fading when I see this stuff. :facepalm:

10 hours ago, .-KG-..-Ragulab-. said:

It wouldn't really be a problem if rerolling rerolls the WHOLE mod (weapon, stats) and not only the stats. 

I thought that at first,too. But then I realized that this way is better. What if you get mod for a great weapon, but it has crappy stats? I think I'd rather get the mod for the weapon I want, then work on rerolling it until I get the stats I want. Rolling for weapon and stats would push the RNG up to plaid.

10 hours ago, ShadowFox14 said:

I need to get 5 headshots in a single Aim Glide. Can't even do it with Zephyr +90% aim glide mod. The hitbox for headshots is just terrible.

I have the same mod... And I've been trying to get those 5 headshots a whole day. After all this trouble I have to admit some of them are just broken and this need some fixes or changes.

3 minutes ago, Nikolaj6390 said:

I have the same mod... And I've been trying to get those 5 headshots a whole day. After all this trouble I have to admit some of them are just broken and this need some fixes or changes.

I somehow managed to do it. Brought a Supra with some fire rate and dmg mods, and Zephyr. Went on Sedna survival against Grineer, and lined up like 30 enemies in 1 line, then went full rage-mode on them while gliding.

4 hours ago, Zhook said:

I get mod for Stinger (sentinel rifle). It absolutly usless.

Must be way for reroll weapon.

I got one of these Stinger mods too... Cold damage, puncture, and magazine capacity.

Shame it's weapon-locked, it would have been awesome on the Dera Vandal. That's my favorite too.

2 minutes ago, ShadowFox14 said:

I somehow managed to do it. Brought a Supra with some fire rate and dmg mods, and Zephyr. Went on Sedna survival against Grineer, and lined up like 30 enemies in 1 line, then went full rage-mode on them while gliding.

Well, maybe I should try it, but even so this took me a whole day and nothing happened..

I think i got my first mod a combined mod with fire+ ice= blast dmg to alle rifles.. i equiped it on my rifles. SADLY i was stupid and thoungt i could reroll the stats to corrosive cuz i was so lucky the first time. i have rerolled it 10 times. used over 12k Kuvas + 3-5 h of grind. Just wanted to tell ppl that if it was a elemental mod for all weapons and you have got it tell me! 

-Dan

4 minutes ago, -Nexus said:

your aim is terrible bro xd

You try it then ^^
I know that I get headshot, blood is spilling from their heads, and still not getting the headshot because I was using Heavy Caliber + multishot, and I never got the kill with the headshots, it counted the other body parts as well.

Edited by ShadowFox14
Because, because, because

11 hours ago, ShadowFox14 said:

I need to get 5 headshots in a single Aim Glide. Can't even do it with Zephyr +90% aim glide mod. The hitbox for headshots is just terrible.

Oh that's cute, easy as hell compared to "Do level 30+ defense with target not suffering ANY damage". The damn Thing took me 6 runs to accomplish (4 public and 2 solo...)

2 minutes ago, Kasarian said:

Oh that's cute, easy as hell compared to "Do level 30+ defense with target not suffering ANY damage". The damn Thing took me 6 runs to accomplish (4 public and 2 solo...)

I think all are quite hard in some ways, but with some really bad rewards and sometimes it isn't worth effort

Edited by Nikolaj6390

1 minute ago, Kasarian said:

Limbo...? T_T
And until which wave? 20? Should've been easy with most hard CC frames.
This headshot bs on the other hand was a pain. 4 hours of constant weapon swapping and trying on different missions types/levels.

16 minutes ago, RoadmanA said:

How to complete a survival without killing anyone without health consumable?

Is it possible if I run it in a party without killing anyone?

If no, how should I suppose to complete it?

Maybe take a Limbo, modify it for survivability, go to the lowest level survival allowed, and just chill in the Rift and grab life support capsules when needed?  You'll only need to go five minutes and then extract for it to count. so killing shouldn't be necessary at all.

Uh..... I think a lot of people are missing the point of why OP started this thread...

15 hours ago, .-KG-..-Ragulab-. said:

I was kinda hyped about the Riven Mods because i thought it was something veterans can really farm for to get perfect mods, but no.

Acquiring the mods: Sorties, really? The only way for me to get a new mod is wait 24 hours and then play 3 missions? And then it's not even guaranteed, it's random.

It wouldn't really be a problem if rerolling rerolls the WHOLE mod (weapon, stats) and not only the stats. 

Just give us the option to grind for the mods (high tier missions) and not sorties only.

I completely agree with OP. I love the idea of the mods but I hate that their only limited to sorites.. Like why? If I have to wait 24 hours for a CHANCE to get just one mod I might as well not bother to try to get one. Sorties are already kinda annoying.

Edited by DeathHeart64

De again with the good intentions resulting in wait walls for the players and extreme frustration.

So,as a vet who prouds himself of having worked for almost all my stuff it frustrates me to no end that i have to wait and hope for the best with those mods. There´s nothing i can do. Nothing about the aquisition of these mods puts my experience, gear and skill to any good use (sorties aren´t really a challenge).
I literally sit here, frustrated about the S#&$ty Harpak mod i got, because a) i do not use the Harpak EVER and b) the mods stats are crap.
Then i see people with +200% damage and +150% crit chance mods for weapons like the Tonkor or Dread and i know the chance of me getting one of those are abysmal at best.
I´ve done my Sortie for today. Got 2000 Endo.
This whole systems is just atrocious.

We desperately need that token system for Sorties, so we can at least skew the chances in our favour a little.

Edited by Reclusiarch_Grimaldus

My first riven mod turned out to be...

Boltor Scicron

+146.4% Slash

+167.1% Critical chance

-24.4% ammo capacity...

My reaction? Pretty much as follows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS-07dh9-NA

I really think the mods need some sort of mechanism to prevent them from having entirely useless traits(because for instance, low crit chance aside, the boltor can't even do slash in the first place)