The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Spoilers) New Mods hate

TheBrightKing

With the new update riven mods came to our hands, the biggest concern about this is the power creep, that i think this new system fixes in some way

In warframe there are always underused weapons, and not fully underused, but near to that, these ones dont get revisited, and the same happens with most of the underused weapons 

Only a few weapons are very viable, in the game. And they are usually nerfed, but the bad weapons are not buffed, not all. 

With these mods you can make any weapon better, with the buffs they give every weapon can be viable. Even if its a S#&$ty one.

Also, with no low % cap, some weapons that were S#&$ can be better, because regular mods are often capped at "low" % and certain weapons cant reach enough % of damage, status, crit... to make them useful 

"And what happens with op weapons?"

They would be better than the other weapons anyways, wouldnt they?

Yes, this is not about balance, is about using what you like. So people would stop using cheesy weapons to use the ones they like.

But if you are worried about balance remember, cheesy weapons would (or should at least) be nerfed, when the nerf happens some people complains because these weapons become S#&$, but with this after the nerf these weapons would be also viable

Also, theres challenge and some sort of thinking involved on getting these mods, what a lot of people asked for. 

The cap of 15, yeah i know but if this is not done people would go with everything full riven modded, to avoid that just 15 is a good number. So at least they can have 1 or 2 weapons full riven as much and if they want to use other weapons then they have to deal with lower damage.

So yeah, this system needs tweaks, upgrades etc... but i think it solves a lot of things if its well driven

And yeah i expect salty comments but at this point where everything DE does gets salt i expect everything

Just dont put the thimgs you like over the things that can help

I love the concept of riven mods.  Didn't even know I needed it.  My only beefs are:

1. Acquiring them.  Biggest beef.  I just don't like doing sorties.

2. Seemingly limited control over what weapon they're for.  In itself this isn't so bad - it's RNG and Void knows I love me the Borderlands vibe of "ooh, what weapon did I just get!?" but coupled with coming exclusively from sorties it can be pretty bad from my perspective.  If Kuva can be used to switch the weapon they apply to on a re-roll, that's great, but I think it would be more fun to just trash the mod and have to get another... preferably not exclusively from sorties or platinum.  I expect re-rolling won't change the weapon though.  At the very least, a very rare drop from containers, and not just rare containers (just a higher change from rare containers.)  Finally a reason to smash those to bits, eh?

1 minute ago, Littleman88 said:

I love the concept of riven mods.  Didn't even know I needed it.  My only beefs are:

1. Acquiring them.  Biggest beef.  I just don't like doing sorties.

2. Seemingly limited control over what weapon they're for.  In itself this isn't so bad - it's RNG and Void knows I love me the Borderlands vibe of "ooh, what weapon did I just get!?" but coupled with coming exclusively from sorties it can be pretty bad from my perspective.  If Kuva can be used to switch the weapon they apply to on a re-roll, that's great, but I think it would be more fun to just trash the mod and have to get another... preferably not exclusively from sorties or platinum.  I expect re-rolling won't change the weapon though.  At the very least, a very rare drop from containers, and not just rare containers (just a higher change from rare containers.)  Finally a reason to smash those to bits, eh?

1 yeah, i would like to have other way to obtain it; not an easy one but another one

2 maybe they should put more probability of obtaining it depending on the weapon you use to unveil it

6 minutes ago, mstriker said:

1 yeah, i would like to have other way to obtain it; not an easy one but another one

2 maybe they should put more probability of obtaining it depending on the weapon you use to unveil it

2 Or at least, among the weapon TYPE.  Like if I'm using an honest to goodness rifle, it has a higher chance to revealing a rifle.  A shotgun, then a shotgun.  Launcher?  Bow?  Same deal.  Still a bit of a spread, still could reveal onto anything, but just a little influence.

Mostly though, my biggest gripe really is #1 - If re-rolling them means the weapon stays the same anyways.  This system comes across as meant to be a game of grab -> reveal -> and either keep or toss since we can only carry so many (which is a good limitation for these mods.)  I get these mods can be very powerful, especially if stacked, but there's going to be a fair bit of working through "junk" before One gets the setup they like.

Of course conversely, if the weapon does change with the reroll, then it becomes a matter of simply purchasing the maximum allotment and grinding out kuva, which frankly sounds like the less exciting approach, but it skips the need to reveal them each and every time.

Edited by Littleman88

48 minutes ago, mstriker said:

But if you are worried about balance remember, cheesy weapons would (or should at least) be nerfed, when the nerf happens some people complains because these weapons become S#&$, but with this after the nerf these weapons would be also viable

Only this makes nerfing OP weapons a lot harder. You either don't take Riven mods into account, and risk weapon remaining OP even after nerfs when someone adds Riven mods, or you do take them into account, and nerf the weapon into complete uselessness where you need an insane Riven mod to just make it usable.

If they wanted to balance weapons, they had to just nerf the most OP weapons, and that's all.

After seeing several different mods and how specific they get with the weapons.... I really don't know how this would fit well with a Damage 3.0 rework. Most of this seem either unusable or horribly power-creepy.

It's interesting to go back to the RNG Mods as a very "End Game" slow grind. Like chewing old shoe leather. However it seems to have about as much value as actually eating old shoe leather.

I have lots of gripes with this new system.

1. Can lead to some of the most broken mods that have ever been in this game

2. Every aspect of them revolves around extreme amounts of RNG. Want to get one from a sortie? RNG. What about what weapon the mod's for? RNG. What about the stats? RNG. And this would be fine if we were both drowning in metric craploads of them, and if most of them were actually decent mods. But right you're most likely going to get a crap mod for a weapon you may or may not have and it might even be mastery rank locked. And the fact that you can only get 1 per day and even then its not a guarantee, which brings me to my next point...

3. We need a way to get them from places other than sorties. Why not put them in that cool, beautiful new planet you added that has no use? What about putting them in the new assault gamemode?

20 minutes ago, Gsterman said:

I have lots of gripes with this new system.

1. Can lead to some of the most broken mods that have ever been in this game

2. Every aspect of them revolves around extreme amounts of RNG. Want to get one from a sortie? RNG. What about what weapon the mod's for? RNG. What about the stats? RNG. And this would be fine if we were both drowning in metric craploads of them, and if most of them were actually decent mods. But right you're most likely going to get a crap mod for a weapon you may or may not have and it might even be mastery rank locked. And the fact that you can only get 1 per day and even then its not a guarantee, which brings me to my next point...

3. We need a way to get them from places other than sorties. Why not put them in that cool, beautiful new planet you added that has no use? What about putting them in the new assault gamemode?

Seriously.  Looking at it objectively, does it really matter anymore if there's even more power creep when we're already one shotting everything?  I've gotten to the point where I just want fun guns to be effective at the higher end of the star chart without min-maxing the crap out of them.  

But yeah, this new system demands quantity at the onset for it to be fun to play with.  Right now riven mods are just exceedingly difficult to come by.