Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE we NEED to have a serious talk about Riven mods

(PSN)True_Reclaimer

1. Why does the player have no control over the weapon the Riven mod is for? You would think the mod would be for whatever weapon you use to unveil it.
  2. Why are there Riven mods for brand new strong weapons (such as the Synoid Simulor) when DE originally promised to introduce a system to make old weapons as viable as the newer ones? Now the newer ones are even stronger than ever, the gap has become an uncrossable chasm.
  3. Why is there a limit of only 15 riven mods per account? Thats pretty much FORCING everyone to risk getting banned by making alt accounts to hold excess mods. There should be no limit to how many you can own.
  4. Why does the kuva reroll cost increase exponentially? It should just be a set price.
  5. Why do the mods become reveiled after a reroll? Nobody likes doing these insane tasks.
  6. Why can people trade reveiled crap mods, or even unveiled mods that have been rerolled so many times that its impossible for the new owner to do so now? There is no warning or indication of how many rerolls the mod had - such as a counter similar to formaed weapons.
  7. Why are these mods tradeable at all? These mods should be account locked to prevent exploiting with multiple accounts, and tilting warframe toward the slippery slope of P2W RNG upgrades obtainable 99% through plat trades only.
  8. Why are there such gamebreakingly overpowered stats on some, such as this mod http://imgur.com/a/2Z4C7 , and yet others are so underpowered, downright useless (crit damage on non crit weapons, zoom, etc) , or even negative (such as -120% damage)?? This is complete bs and favors those lucky few lottery winners or plat P2W buyers, while punishing the majority of normal players. At this point I think we would rather have standardized stats for each weapon-unique Riven mod, as thats the only fair and balanced design.
  9. How can DE do anything to fix these mods now that heavy plat deals have been made? If they were account locked to begin with, DE couldve easily tweaked them or offered legendary cores. Now I fear its way too late. DE has broken warframe PVE and trading so badly with these mods. When harder content arrives they will be a necessity that many players simply wont have, and will suffer because of it.
Edited by (PS4)True_Reclaimer
fix info

Your #9 hits the mark.

Now that people have paid platinum for these mods, they can no longer be removed. It's just completely off the table no matter how much people might want it.

The best we can hope for is that they will make some changes that might give players a little more control, or make the farming less grindy.

In short, if you don't want to play a Diablo style loot grind game from here on out, you're going to have a bad time.

2 minutes ago, ChasePanic said:

Your #9 hits the mark.

Now that people have paid platinum for these mods, they can no longer be removed. It's just completely off the table no matter how much people might want it.

The best we can hope for is that they will make some changes that might give players a little more control, or make the farming less grindy.

In short, if you don't want to play a Diablo style loot grind game from here on out, you're going to have a bad time.

This RNG stat grindwall killed Destiny and Borderlands and almost every MMO.

I cant imagine Warframe will survive it long term.

Ya it's a terribly implemented system that if they do any changes they would have to refund all traded plat. I could see all these mods for all low tier and mid game Rifles "not sentinel weapons" and have a more restricted stats per weapon.But alas all people want are their favorite top tier because everything else is garbage compared to them.

2 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

I agree with all your points, I think these mods are an abomination and never should have been added in the first place. Unfortunately as your 9th point states, they're not going anywhere and will probably remain broken. 

A lot of players are going to lose the drive to keep playing unless DE actually DOES address these points Ive made here

Warframe was the ONLY mmo-ish game of its kind that featured standardized loot AND shared loot which made it very PVE friendly. Now with RNG stat mods that are UNIQUE to each player, its very P2W encouraged

I'm more then anything astounded by this system making it into the game at all, when Steve and Sheldon both seemed to indicate their worst mistake was using numbers too large on the mod system.  This just compounds the problem of having huge numbers to begin with.

Just now, TentownsRaid said:

Ya it's a terribly implemented system that if they do any changes they would have to refund all traded plat. I could see all these mods for all low tier and mid game Rifles "not sentinel weapons" and have a more restricted stats per weapon.But alas all people want are their favorite top tier because everything else is garbage compared to them.

These mods couldve easily brought life and use to old shelved weapons and "mastery fodder"

Instead everyone will spend all their 15 slots, their time, their kuva, and their plat to get the best rolls for the best weapons and powercreep just gets worse

Just now, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

These mods couldve easily brought life and use to old shelved weapons and "mastery fodder"

Instead everyone will spend all their 15 slots, their time, their kuva, and their plat to get the best rolls for the best weapons and powercreep just gets worse

I really don't understand why they didn't just make new mods for lower tier weapons to raise them up a bit, since that's what this system is basically doing. (if it wasn't for the fact that you can get tonkor/simulor Rivens)

Just now, Kimimoto said:

I really don't understand why they didn't just make new mods for lower tier weapons to raise them up a bit, since that's what this system is basically doing. (if it wasn't for the fact that you can get tonkor/simulor Rivens)

Hello darkness my old friend

Ive come to talk with you again

Because of POWER softly creeping

goasfm2uvgxx.jpg

#2 Proves that this has nothing to do with making unpopular weapons more appealing.

#3,4,5 Just punishes people for PLAYING THE GAME to get something that they want, instead of just buying it with thousands of plat.

#1,8 Are only a problem because you have to wait 24 hours THEN hope to get one from sorties THEN etc etc.

I am trying to convince myself that the riven mod system was not designed with the intention of creating massively overpriced items that are time *AND* RNG-gated. I think they were trying to make the weapons more like borderlands guns, but borderlands didn't have an economy, and you didn't have to wait 24 hours between your CHANCE to get one totally randomly generated item. It's so obviously going to create something like the D3 1.0 economy, with exponentially scaled prices and huge sums of plat involved that cut pretty much everybody out of the system. By the way, that is why D3 did so poorly and the only way they could save it was by completely overhauling item generation and removing the economy entirely.

#9 There might still be time to fix this, the longer they wait the harder it'll get.

EDIT: The easiest way to fix this would be to simply make them untradable from this point forward, that lets people keep what they already have but turns the riven mod system into a personalization system rather than contributing to the "whoever can afford to pay the most for the best riven mod" problem.

Edited by Hahsanumat

1 minute ago, Hahsanumat said:

#2 Proves that this has nothing to do with making unpopular weapons more appealing.

#3,4,5 Just punish people for PLAYING THE GAME to get something that they want, instead of just buying it with thousands of plat.

#1,8 Are only a problem because you have to wait 24 hours THEN hope to get one from sorties THEN etc etc.

I am trying to convince myself that the riven mod system was not designed with the intention of creating massively overpriced items that are time *AND* RNG-gated. I think they were trying to make the weapons more like borderlands guns, but borderlands didn't have an economy, and you didn't have to wait 24 hours between your CHANCE to get one totally randomly generated item. It's so obviously going to create something like the D3 1.0 economy, with exponentially scaled prices and huge sums of plat involved that cut pretty much everybody out of the system. By the way, that is why D3 did so poorly and the only way they could save it was by completely overhauling item generation and removing the economy entirely.

#9 There might still be time to fix this, the longer they wait the harder it'll get.

I really hope there is still time my friend

all I can say is

DE (channels Teshin's voice)

YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS

6 minutes ago, Jin_Kazama said:

BROKEN weapons will ALWAYS be broken. 

If people wanna mIN max them let them, the weapon killed before, and it'll keep killing.

But a chance to have my panthera, dera, and other weapons rise in those high level missions? I welcome it!

I just wish it was for weapons like the Panthera, miter, braton, Hind, paracyst, etc ONLY

It sucks for the people that got Riven mods for older weapons, like the Tetra, but also had the unluckiness to get almost 100% of damage subtracted. I got a Tetra mod wit's added dmg, but subtracted slash to the point where no damage was added at all. I would say that they at least need to make the lower tier weapons have a higher chance of increased stats, with the higher tier lower chance. It is ridiculous seeing a Dread with 254% extra damage and a low tier weapon with potentially negative damage stats. But, like you said, it is probably too late, people are paying thousands of plat to get a Tonkor that fires nukes, and a rework would make a lot of people angry and put a lot of people at a disadvantage. The only way I can see to fix it is too make the mods more frequent at high levels and the enimies tougher after TWW quest line 

Edited by Aleksundar
Mistakes were made

Just now, Aleksundar said:

It sucks for the people that got Riven mods for older weapons, like the Tetra, but also had the unluckiness to get almost 100% of damage subtracted. I got a Tetra mod wit's added dmg, but subtracted slash to the point where no damage was added at all. I would say that they at least need to make the lower tier weapons have a higher chance of increased stats, with the higher tier lower chance. It is ridiculous seeing a Dread with 254% extra damage and a low tier weapon with potentially negative damage stats. But, like you said, it is probably too late, people are paying thousands of plat to get a Tonkor that fires nukes, and a rework would make a lot of people angry and put a lot of people at a e only way I can see to fix it is too make the mods more frequent at high levels and the enimies tougher after TWW quest line 

But making the enemies stronger further punishes players that arent paying high plat for tonkor nuke mods and synoid black hole mods... its just a huge broken toxic system altogether

20 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Is this confirmed?? I didnt know they were conclave allowed

I didn't test it by myself but read it in several places. If it's made up then these mods aren't such a monster. Just another grindylicious thing locked behind time walls.

1. To prolong progression and give long term players something to keep busy with that actually lasts more than a month.
  2. Because Primaries as a whole are under powered compared to Melee and even some Secondaries. They do add value to older weapons as well. Try theory Crafting new builds. Contrary to the masses, crit is not always king. I saw a Paracyst Riven yesterday that makes the weapon viable past Sorties level where as it's normal damage output limits it to lvl 120 or lower. Paracyst is the best armor shredding primary in the game but it's damage output limits it's use.
  3. Don't know. Seems contrary to progression, seems like you should at least be allowed as many as the primaries types.
  4. It's very likely linked to the 15 cap. Once you've re-rolled too many times you have to junk the mod and get a new one.
  5. Tedious hurdles they seem to like. Why do Airlocks still break? Why does the Juggernaut spawn?
  6. This is a mistake I'm sure they're gunna fix. It should show the re-rolls on the mod.
  7. Economy, Why are Arcanes tradable? It's to create a new commodity and stimulate the economy. One of the better things about this game is that everything can be bought and sold. There's nothing worse than Bind on Equip as an excuse to manage an item or economy. Biggest Band-aid every created.
  8. It's actually closer in-line. If people leave the Star Map they might find Simulor is pretty bad at dealing with high armor.

Obviously I don't have DE in front of my name but this seems like reasonable speculation. I don't think the mods are OP at all, they're just Power Creep as usual I enjoy anything to push the limits further and open new build options and theory crafting. Esp if it has progression and extra game play attached to it. If you want to see OP I can show you some of my melee picks doing 2 - 54 million damage per swing or explain why Zenistar is currently the most OP weapon in the game.

1 hour ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

A lot of players are going to lose the drive to keep playing unless DE actually DOES address these points Ive made here

Warframe was the ONLY mmo-ish game of its kind that featured standardized loot AND shared loot which made it very PVE friendly. Now with RNG stat mods that are UNIQUE to each player, its very P2W encouraged

This.

Economy, Why are Arcanes tradable? It's to create a new commodity and stimulate the economy. One of the better things about this game is that everything can be bought and sold. There's nothing worse than Bind on Equip as an excuse to manage an item or economy. Biggest Band-aid every created.

Arcanes are a commodity, these are not. Trading a serration from one person is like trading a serration from another person. The serration mod doesn't have random modifiers on it like +x crit chance, +x reload speed, or -x accuracy. They are all the same, a commodity, unlike Riven mods.

Edited by AwesmePersn