Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "Twin" Queens

ChiefStevy

The Warframe wiki, forums, and Reddit always seem to refer to the head of the Grineer faction as the Twin Queens, yet during the War Within, one of them was clearly much older of the pair, the other of which was acting child-like.

Am I missing something here? 

1 minute ago, ChiefStevy said:

The Warframe wiki, forums, and Reddit always seem to refer to the head of the Grineer faction as the Twin Queens, yet during the War Within, one of them was clearly much older of the pair, the other of which was acting child-like.

Am I missing something here? 

Yes, something that was said many times through the quest.

The Orokin can transfer their "souls" to different bodies. The Queens were born twins, but after the downfall of the Orokin they started using Grineer bodies (which are prone to degradation (reminds me of crisis core)). They chose different bodies, and as the queen's (the one you killed) body began to fail, she decided she wanted yours, because yours is semi immortal and super powerful. The smaller one escaped, and her body is still good.

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

The Orokin can transfer their "souls" to different bodies. The Queens were born twins, but after the downfall of the Orokin they started using Grineer bodies (which are prone to degradation (reminds me of crisis core)). They chose different bodies, and as the queen's (the one you killed) body began to fail, she decided she wanted yours, because yours is semi immortal and super powerful. The smaller one escaped, and her body is still good.

^This^

Were you even paying attention? This was one of the main points of the quest.

3 minutes ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

Wait then that means.......OH SNAP WE SHOULDN'T HAVE DRANK THE BLOOD.!!!!!

2 minutes ago, W.AxlRose said:

you're her's now... >:)

What if drinking the blood...

Spoiler

Corrupts the Tenno with darkness...

Spoiler

Then corrupts the Warframe by extension...

Spoiler

...Leading to those that drank it having a much easier time getting Excalibur Umbra in the future.

I was pretty surprised myself when I got my first glimpse of them. I was expecting the Twin Queens to be a bit more Orokin in their looks. The Orokin were the most advanced civilization in the solar system and incredibly so. I thought they would be able to bypass aging and other biological functions to keep themselves eternally perfect.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

What if drinking the blood...

Hide contents

Corrupts the Tenno with darkness...

Hide contents

Then corrupts the Warframe by extension...

Hide contents

...Leading to those that drank it having a much easier time getting Excalibur Umbra in the future.

I mean wouldn't you and the Orokin (Queen) be running the frame then?

5 minutes ago, Burritochu said:

I was pretty surprised myself when I got my first glimpse of them. I was expecting the Twin Queens to be a bit more Orokin in their looks. The Orokin were the most advanced civilization in the solar system and incredibly so. I thought they would be able to bypass aging and other biological functions to keep themselves eternally perfect.

They take over other bodies through their Kuva, it sorta makes sense with:

Ordin Karris' backstory, it seems his consciousness was made into a Cephalon, while his body was infused with Kuva and taken over by the Orokin he killed.

Edited by Agentawesome

25 minutes ago, Burritochu said:

There's probably complications to that.

Stopping cell degradation could quite conceivably block cell growth and replenishment and a whole mess of other issues.

Much easier to slow it, and create new perfect bodies when needed.

28 minutes ago, Burritochu said:

Since they were cast out by the orokin for being twins they probably had no access to the full technology that the orokin used.

12 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I don't think the void is sentient.

Considering that, no matter what choices you make, the voice speaks through you.

The whole story is based around the Tenno and the Void and the Void giving them their power.

2 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

Considering that, no matter what choices you make, the voice speaks through you.

The whole story is based around the Tenno and the Void and the Void giving them their power.

But no matter what choice the make the Queen still burrows in your mind and dies at the end.

me and some other players were talking about it in another post, and we used the lore and for now the only two answers are: they did something ( i forgot what) to lower the queen's age

And the second is that the first queen already died and the small one is a snake infested creature that got intellegent from the red water. worm said alot by the old queen

2 hours ago, holysnir said:

me and some other players were talking about it in another post, and we used the lore and for now the only two answers are: they did something ( i forgot what) to lower the queen's age

And the second is that the first queen already died and the small one is a snake infested creature that got intellegent from the red water. worm said alot by the old queen

What are you talking about? They're Orokin, meaning they change into new bodies when their old bodies get too old. The "young" queen has moved into a new body more recently.

On 14/11/2016 at 4:58 AM, JSharpie said:

Note that there was a dead Tenno near the fire and the suggestion is that others have failed to repel the Queens. I wonder if the younger Queen already has a Tenno body rather than a Grineer one, just still wearing Grineer armour? She did seem to be whole and bipedal, whereas the Elder has a full cybernetic "tail" keeping her body functioning.

Edited by SilentMobius