Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have a cap on all self damaging weapons?

Vali

The reason why people use the Tonkor so much is due to it's 50 self damage cap (since you can rocket jump with it, would make little sense if it killed you)

What about implementing this to other explosives like the Kulstar, Angstrum, Penta and Ogris? Maybe cap them at 100-200 self damage so it will still be punishing if you didn't aim properly, but not outright suicide.

But self damage is logical and adds some difficulty and fun to the game. You can't blow your grenades right in front of you, but you can bulletjump straight up and release your payload below. IMO it's a healthy element of gameplay which should cover Tonkor too. No one uses Tonkor for jumps when we got bullet jump. 

Howewer, in coop we deal WAY more damage than we can endure, so I somewhat agree with OP. We should receive some percentage of our damage. Enough to punish the clumsiness, but not enough to oneshot yourself.

Edited by Suncake

Ogris in enemy hands, can be fired point blank with no ill-effect. Ogris in player hands, can be fired point blank with a 98% DR Ice Chroma and still vaporize that player regardless.

Zarr in enemy hands, can be fired point blank with no ill-effect. Zarr in player hands, can be fired point blank with a 90% DR SoS/Equilibrium/Despoil Nekros and still utterly destroy the player regardless.

Repeat for Kulstar

Repeat for Angstrum

Repeat for Penta

Simulor doesn't deal self damage, and is one of the most used/ spammed launchers in the game.

Tonkor deals piddling self damage, and is one of the most used/ spammed launchers in the game.

TLDR - Either give all of them self-damage, or remove it and stop this non-sense.

6 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

The reason why people use the Tonkor so much is due to it's 50 self damage cap (since you can rocket jump with it, would make little sense if it killed you)

What about implementing this to other explosives like the Kulstar, Angstrum, Penta and Ogris? Maybe cap them at 100-200 self damage so it will still be punishing if you didn't aim properly, but not outright suicide.

Speak for yourself. I switched to the Tonkor because they over-killed the ammo economy on my other launchers.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

7 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

Yup. A capped self damage would make me want to use them much more than I currently do. Lethal self-damag really has no place in such a fast paced and unpredictable game like Warframe.

Just use the weapon's unmodded base damage for self-damage.  Still a penalty but at least one that's survivable.

And not as a damage cap.  As the self-damage itself.  It should still scale down with distance.

Edited by Callback