Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with New Ignis Build (Riven-Crit)

Uppercut_Phoenix

Question

With the introduction of Riven Mods I wanted to revisit Ignis which has always been one of my favorite weapons.  Wanted to get some thoughts regarding the below build and the last slot.  I was thinking between a dual stat mod, vile acceleration, and maybe even primed cryo rounds for a nice damage boost.  I'm all out of Kuva and this last roll had me thinking if a Crit Ignis build would be viable at this point.  I mainly play Ember, Inaros, Nova and Frost and was hoping that maybe with this new Riven mod I could make a viable crit build. Thanks for looking and I appreciate any feedback in advance.  Thanks.

By the way, the last forma slot is Vazarin, it is right under the Riven Mod, I moved Hammershot to the far right to make a better pic.

i01rldh.png

8 answers to this question

Ignis definitely needs a firerate mod to be good (all beam weapons do), so either Speed Trigger or even better, Vile Acceleration. That being said, crit chance still looks too low, I guess if you like to use Kavats it could work, cause that 7.2x crit damage looks pretty good, otherwise, no, a crit build doesn't look viable.

I love the Ignis, use it a lot, to me it'll alway remain a status machine.

Think of it more as a status mod with the benefits of better crits. Don't build towards crits since you're just gonna be disappointed.  

Now that I look at it, this wouldn't be too bad. There's only an 18% chance to crit but the crits are 7.2x which is a lot of damage. I recommend keeping the Heat damage since it's amazing with Ember but if you do change it into a multi element I recommend Gas for extra damage. I think your last mod (when you make more room) should be Firestorm. It adds a lot of range to the Ignis and makes it much more useful

Edited by Xiusa

You may have to test to be sure. Ignis uses pellets like a shotgun but it's UI does not reflect this well.

For instance through testing I've found that Ignis actually makes use of higher than 100% status/sec.

The Crit chance displayed could very well be per pellet or it could be divided between the pellets like a shotgun. I've never checked.