Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee passed over again --Will we ever get her Prime Access If They Have No Faith In Her As A Product?

Tesseract7777

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

they refused to give her a Prime Access.

Afaik, nobody specifically "refused" to ever release a Prime Access for Banshee.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

DE, will you at least confirm that Banshee is next?

I think that this announcement thing is not going to happen. They will announce the Prime Access of the next Prime when the last one has outlived its cycle and will only do so, when they also announce that the old Prime will only be available for so long.

I really don't care which Prime comes next. I personally do like Banshee, but I don't like the design of Valkyr Prime and don't like the weapons that come with her. Still, I'm not feeling like that I should question their business affiars since I have absolutely no knowledge about that. One thing I learned though is that things will come to you eventually in Warframe, as long as you just show the patience for it.

I'm just going to vote with my wallet this time and not buy the Valkyr Prime Access.  I'll buy the Accessories Pack just because. When Banshee Prime Access happens, my wallet is calling dibs.

I'm pretty salty about this Access, but I'm just going to restrain myself and let the next 3 months pass their course.

I think valkyr is really boring to play with... 1st is useless and upractical, 2nd it's a mere boost, practical but not funny, 3rd it's just a real close stun which is not really needed and 4th... well , E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E

13 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Chill, Tenno. Valkyr is more popular than Banshee. More players are happy about a Valkyr Prime than would be about a Banshee Prime. Banshee Prime will come, just be patient. We'll probably see her in six months.

Image result for laugh gif

The jokes on here though.  Thanks for getting me through the tough times.

7 minutes ago, AcceI said:
Spoiler

Image result for laugh gif

The jokes on here though.  Thanks for getting me through the tough times.

Hey man, I'm just as bummed as the next Banshee player that we don't get a Prime yet. But DE has been reliably cranking out 4 primes a year. If we keep the male/female pattern that roughly follows release date, Oberon is next, followed by Banshee. If the Prime treatment is affected at all by popularity, that means the next female Prime (6 months from now) is a toss-up between Banshee and Zephyr. And I don't know about you, but I don't see too much Zephyr hype floating around.

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

Hey man, I'm just as bummed as the next Banshee player that we don't get a Prime yet. But DE has been reliably cranking out 4 primes a year. If we keep the male/female pattern that roughly follows release date, Oberon is next, followed by Banshee. If the Prime treatment is affected at all by popularity, that means the next female Prime (6 months from now) is a toss-up between Banshee and Zephyr. And I don't know about you, but I don't see too much Zephyr hype floating around.

Well that male female pattern is for normal frames tbh.

Primes are MM FF so you can pray to whatever god DE believes in to have banshee next. in FEB or MAR.

I'm not a betting man but honestly if I placed odds on it, its 40/55/5 Banshee, Mirage, another female.

26 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

As I've mentioned in another thread, popularity is not only the result of raw player numbers, but also by the perception of people outside of that group. I'm a fan of frames like Mirage, Rhino or Limbo and don't ever or rarely play them. Some I simply love for their looks and theme, others for being in my team and making my life easier or more fun. I like seeing a Valkyr crash the battle field but can't really get too much into playing her. Everyone has frames they like but don't play, and those viewpoints are just as important to a company selling a product than the loyal customer they don't need to win over anymore. Banshee's deluxe turned out the way it did because the company(DE) wanted to sell their product(Banshee skin) to the people not playing her, because catering to 1000 randoms is more profitable than 10 fans. Guess what the conversation usually goes to when the topic of Banshee is breached with people not playing her? Yep, "Oh yeah, the wub wub DJ queen, lolololol"

Banshee's own little fanbase is neither numerous nor loud enough to shape the public image of their frame, which allowed this parody to become the commonly accepted perception. Bardframe's announcement had taken away a good chunk of that image because she literally is what many people joked about Banshee being for so long. Whether that's a good thing or not I don't know yet, since without that humorous stereotype many people wouldn't even think about Banshee.

Zephyr always had a bigger fanbase, even though not by that much. She was also always viewed, whether justifiably or not, as a rusher and tank, two niches new players getting into her could mess around with and immediately recognizing what their use is in the game. "Oh, I can move faster without getting hit. Cool." The only easy to grasp concept for new players regarding Banshee is "Oh, I can deal more damage by aiming at weakspots.", and while that may be impressive and helpful at first, it quickly looses its appeal as people's weapons become more powerful and manage to one shot pretty much any enemy without aid.

With that said, I believe DE would have a lot more chances to sell the public that doesn't play either frame Zephyr Prime than Banshee P, simply because Zephyr's image is more favorable.

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:
Spoiler

As I've mentioned in another thread, popularity is not only the result of raw player numbers, but also by the perception of people outside of that group. I'm a fan of frames like Mirage, Rhino or Limbo and don't ever or rarely play them. Some I simply love for their looks and theme, others for being in my team and making my life easier or more fun. I like seeing a Valkyr crash the battle field but can't really get too much into playing her. Everyone has frames they like but don't play, and those viewpoints are just as important to a company selling a product than the loyal customer they don't need to win over anymore. Banshee's deluxe turned out the way it did because the company(DE) wanted to sell their product(Banshee skin) to the people not playing her, because catering to 1000 randoms is more profitable than 10 fans. Guess what the conversation usually goes to when the topic of Banshee is breached with people not playing her? Yep, "Oh yeah, the wub wub DJ queen, lolololol"

Banshee's own little fanbase is neither numerous nor loud enough to shape the public image of their frame, which allowed this parody to become the commonly accepted perception. Bardframe's announcement had taken away a good chunk of that image because she literally is what many people joked about Banshee being for so long. Whether that's a good thing or not I don't know yet, since without that humorous stereotype many people wouldn't even think about Banshee.

Zephyr always had a bigger fanbase, even though not by that much. She was also always viewed, whether justifiably or not, as a rusher and tank, two niches new players getting into her could mess around with and immediately recognizing what their use is in the game. "Oh, I can move faster without getting hit. Cool." The only easy to grasp concept for new players regarding Banshee is "Oh, I can deal more damage by aiming at weakspots.", and while that may be impressive and helpful at first, it quickly looses its appeal as people's weapons become more powerful and manage to one shot pretty much any enemy without aid.

With that said, I believe DE would have a lot more chances to sell the public that doesn't play either frame Zephyr Prime than Banshee P, simply because Zephyr's image is more favorable.

Wow... I'm sorry you feel that way about Banshee. I for one love her. She's got a high skill floor (takes some skill to get good results with her) and she doesn't achieve results as simply as some other frames (she's really squishy and her kit seeks to facilitate damage rather than directly deal it), but I think Banshee is dope, and I know I'm not alone in that respect.

31 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Wow... I'm sorry you feel that way about Banshee. I for one love her. She's got a high skill floor (takes some skill to get good results with her) and she doesn't achieve results as simply as some other frames (she's really squishy and her kit seeks to facilitate damage rather than directly deal it), but I think Banshee is dope, and I know I'm not alone in that respect.

I think it's the combined perception that a lot of people 1) don't know how to use Banshee's Silence on the field well enough to CC very well and just call it an "unreliable stun if built for duration and a burden if built for low duration," 2) default to Resonance Sonar as her only niche in leveling high level gameplay but also faciliating that because she has this concept she's a glass cannon with very little survivability (because who cares about Silence and Naramon, right?), and 3) often see her as a cheese P4tW frame due to Resonating Sound Quake. Also, Sonic Boom is one of the best one-handed CC abilities in the game, no argument there.

Really, it's actually funny how the majority of players underestimate Banshee. I can carry, and have carried, a lot of players in high-level Survivals with a Savage Silence Banshee build. Her kit is perfectly balanced, and I severely doubt she needs a complete overhaul on her abilities.

If Scott does something [abjectively] "creative" to her kit, there will be riots.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

4 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

I don't feel that way about her personally(apart from the deluxe skin - that's my opinion), I just take the impressions I see from friends and random people in the community and turn it into a hypothesis. I have always argued against directly raising her survivability or making her more accessible just because her high apm playstyle turns people off. If anything, I think that's what should be encouraged even more. She's the only frame that I when I play with her doesn't make me feel that I somehow cheat the game and its rules, as even with a SQ build I have to eventually come up for energy.

That said, I'm still holding on to my earlier analysis of community perception being an important factor in the popularity of a frame.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Also, Sonic Boom is one of the best one-handed CC abilities in the game, no argument there.

It's two handed on a game mechanical level. Just wanted to mention that.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

1 hour ago, xxswatelitexx said:

I hope the reason they passed Banshee is because they want to give her a new design.

Her vanilla skin is horrible,. 

DE's art department does not and will not ever redesign warframes. Once it's released, it's there and it won't be changed.