Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop Priming weapons that already have upgraded versions

Ceryk

19 hours ago, Acos said:

What would you suggest? 

I have given suggestions. Broad suggestion, anything that only has one version in the game that needs a more powerful version. More specifically, I've said if we have to have another Prime Bow, give us the Daikyu. Just giving us yet another Cernos is not helping. Especially because it's probably another Crit bow. We already have a Crit based Prime Bow. The Daikyu gives actual variety and choice to players since it's not just another crit bow and it is mechanically different. More of the same is boring. Which flies in the face of what DE generally does with this game.

Edited by Ceryk

15 hours ago, Kyotra said:

To begin with, the list of weapons that can have a prime version is limited due to lore.

On top of this, certain weapons are unpopular not due to lack of power, but also because of how they function. No one is going to be interested in Panthera or Daikyu Prime just because they're stronger, those weapons are just plain awkward to use.

Another thing to consider is the popularity of competing weapons. Releasing Attica Prime would serve little purpose when Zhuge is already an adequately powerful auto-bow.

Something else is the fact that there is a time limit to when things will be primed. Venka has been out for well over a year, and Cernos is one of the oldest Tenno weapons in the game. Age, while not a hard rule, does grant some priority.

There are so many weapons that have been out for years in the game and just giving us a rehashed bow and a rehashed Tigris IMO is just being lazy on the devs end. Daikyu isn't that akward. I put  6 formas on mine. The problem with it is that it is very weak. It is raw damage but weak. Not that I would be interested in another bow, but even a Daikyu prime would be acceptable. We already have a  Rakta Cernos. The innate proc from it and the damage it does would out perform a Cernos prime. It is like we are getting less for our money because let's face it.. People purchase Prime accesses.  I would much rather have a Rifle since the last rifle we've gotten was the Soma prime. I am all for a Tiberon Prime. 

I find the Cernos Prime to be an even worse decision than tigris prime. Sancti Tigris one shots every boss. Why is there a prime version? If you wanted a prime shotgun, how about the secondary shotguns? Pyrana would've fit nice with Nekros, why Tigris? But we forgave since the status difference makes it still kinda unique. Now, we have a new bow. Great, because bows are the most balanced class in warframe, each offering a different feel with similar results. Paris prime for straight up damage and easy to get, dread for slash and crits, and rakta cernos for speed and utility. They each where interesting in their own way. The only bows that were interesting, but underpowered was the daikyu and mutalist cernos. Daikyu is a tenno weapon, so I was sure it was the next prime, but what do we get? Cernos Prime -_- DE is losing their marbles and going straight after what looks good and would make people buy it.

Can agree a little with it that we could indeed get some more variety on the choosen primed weapons instead of just simple "upgrades" to weapons that are allrdy decently popular.

At the end of the day the weapons they pick shouldnt matter much since they just have to make whatever weapon they choose to prime minimaly "viable" when compared if needed with whats "popular" depending of the category and what it is but lets be honest, warframe does not stay afloat out of good will and wishfull thinking :/  so as far as im concerned in that sense, DE prime acess picks is not something that will personally bother me  that much. ( Unless it directly disrupts stuff???)

But for the most part whatever they decide should be a welcome addition to everyone.

Other then that, from the time it takes from one prime acess to another and the amount of warframes and weapons in the game, making a loadout that will please everyone must be hard :/

Prime acess not in the game yet and some folks allrdy looking "down" at venka prime lol.

Life is life xD

On 11/19/2016 at 0:20 PM, Ceryk said:

I have given suggestions. Broad suggestion, anything that only has one version in the game that needs a more powerful version. More specifically, I've said if we have to have another Prime Bow, give us the Daikyu. Just giving us yet another Cernos is not helping. Especially because it's probably another Crit bow. We already have a Crit based Prime Bow. The Daikyu gives actual variety and choice to players since it's not just another crit bow and it is mechanically different. More of the same is boring. Which flies in the face of what DE generally does with this game.

I could get behind that yeah. I wanted a better Daikyu almost as soon as Daikyu was released. 

I don't get the cernos release either. Don't understand why we needed a 4th version of a weapon or why it got matched with valkyr. They could of primed a weapon that didn't already have 3 other versions easily enough. And seeing the comments on here it seems to me it is either time they release new tenno weapons or new lore to allow for tenno augmenting of non tenno weapons. Or new tech weapons, or a new type of augmented/upgraded weapons.  More "dragon" weapons for example? 

I believe on some devstream with modelers as guests it was said that they don't follow any rules or patterns when it comes to primed weapons. Whatever concept artists and modelers will make first - that thing get released.

Basically: someone among concept artists / modelers said "hey, i wanna do Cernos Prime" and so he makes Cernos Prime and DE releases it.

I pwrsonally don't mind upgrades of the upgrades... I mean, they are not evrn upgrades, more like sidegrades.

Boltor Prime is stronger than Telos Boltor in raw stats, but Telos has his syndicate passive that is quiet awesome: all that gas becomes stronger the more enemies out there and the closer they are to each other.

Boltor Prime is only good for dispatching separate targets.

20 hours ago, Artek94 said:

I believe on some devstream with modelers as guests it was said that they don't follow any rules or patterns when it comes to primed weapons. Whatever concept artists and modelers will make first - that thing get released.

Basically: someone among concept artists / modelers said "hey, i wanna do Cernos Prime" and so he makes Cernos Prime and DE releases it.

I pwrsonally don't mind upgrades of the upgrades... I mean, they are not evrn upgrades, more like sidegrades.

Boltor Prime is stronger than Telos Boltor in raw stats, but Telos has his syndicate passive that is quiet awesome: all that gas becomes stronger the more enemies out there and the closer they are to each other.

Boltor Prime is only good for dispatching separate targets.

Oh yeah, I know that's part of how they operate over at DE. Prime Frames are basically picked based on Mynki's current mood. I'm sure to some degree the weapons are the same. But just allowing the same weapon to be up/sidegraded over and over does not help the game as much as giving variety. Like I get the Telos issue. We already had Boltor Prime, but since they already had Telos Akbolto there wasn't much choice there but to make another Boltor to match. But beyond some lore or pairing issue, if a weapon already has 2 versions in the game, it's time to move on and diversity before going back and making a 3rd version. Give some love to weapons that actually need it. Not just allowing the artists to repeat the same weapon ad nauseam because they really, really like that weapon.

Edited by Ceryk