Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop Priming weapons that already have upgraded versions

Ceryk

There are so many weapons that really need to be upgraded, but we keep getting the same weapon and they often don't need a second upgraded version because they already have an upgraded version. We didn't need Tigris Prime, we have the Sancti Tigris. We didn't need the Telos Boltor, we have Boltor Prime. We didn't need Nikana Prime when the upgrade wasn't that big of a deal and there are other weapons that could have used a more significant boost. We certainly don't need Cernos Prime with the Rakta Cernos and the Mutalist Cernos. Adding a fourth Cernos models is ridiculous when there are so many weapons that only have a single version. If a bow needed to be Primed, it should have been the Daikyu. That actually needs a boost.

It's just becoming a rather tiring trend seeing the same weapon upgraded multiple times, especially when we don't need it upgraded and there are other weapons more deserving that need an upgraded version.

And I know there are going to be people that say things like "But they're popular weapons, that's what people want." But that's part of the problem. Those weapons are popular because they're powerful already. Making the popular weapons more powerful just limits player choices.

Edited by Ceryk

1 minute ago, lochinghim said:

This is not bad imo. As valkyr kind of berserker matching up with the two weapons, a more wild feel. Anyway, the choice of prime is within the tenno faction?

I am not really seeing the connection of a bow and a berserker.

Sure a bow is used in the wild but in an entirely different context. Stealth. Which is exactly the opposite of a berserker.

I just wonder why DE doesn't make Primed weapons that the community wants (Tiberon Prime is in every other post in topics such as "Which Prime do you want next"), and instead releases not only weapons that aren't asked for, but also those that already have an upgraded version.

3 hours ago, rockscl said:

inb4 simulor prime + mirage prime

Can't wait for Mirage Prime, but a Simulor Prime will never happen because it's a Cephalon weapon. It's like the concept of War Prime, Sentient weapon so not gonna happen. Only Tenno weapons get primed.

And yeah, we had Sancti Tigris so they made Tigris Prime. We have Rakta Cernos so they make a Prime Cernos. Pretty ridiculous. I'm sticking with the Syndicate versions anyway for the Syndi bomb lol, it just doesn't make sense

While you are right about not needing a fourth Cernos... Especially with how there is a Dread for a slash bow, Paris Prime for a puncture bow and a Rakta Cernos for an impact bow.

4 hours ago, Ceryk said:

We didn't need Tigris Prime, we have the Sancti Tigris. We didn't need the Telos Boltor, we have Boltor Prime.

Don't you think it's a little strange to compare getting a prime variant of an already existing syndicate weapon and a syndicate weapon variant of an existing prime?

I, for one, am glad that those things exist. Because people who like Boltor, but can't get Boltor Prime can still have Telos Boltor, which is almost as good. Would actually make sense for all of the prime weapons to have a syndicate, mutalist or some other upgraded version. Just so when primes get vaulted there is still some form of progression.

It'll be quite a while till Tigris Prime gets vaulted, sure. But it will get vaulted as well at some point.

Edited by Flirk2

Hey man, look.

We all know how much fun you had really grinding up all your Syndicate Rep so you could buy those Syndicate weapons. We all totally know. So, because DE loves you very much, they're giving you ways to relive that fun experience, by grinding for your favourite weapon again but this time with added RNG factors on your relics.

Don't pretend you don't want it.

/sarcasm

Edited by Airyllish

2 hours ago, Flirk2 said:

While you are right about not needing a fourth Cernos... Especially with how there is a Dread for a slash bow, Paris Prime for a puncture bow and a Rakta Cernos for an impact bow.

Don't you think it's a little strange to compare getting a prime variant of an already existing syndicate weapon and a syndicate weapon variant of an existing prime?

I, for one, am glad that those things exist. Because people who like Boltor, but can't get Boltor Prime can still have Telos Boltor, which is almost as good. Would actually make sense for all of the prime weapons to have a syndicate, mutalist or some other upgraded version. Just so when primes get vaulted there is still some form of progression.

It'll be quite a while till Tigris Prime gets vaulted, sure. But it will get vaulted as well at some point.

Prime or Syndicate is irrelevant. The issue is that we already had adequately powerful versions of these weapons in the game already and there are other weapons that need a new version more.

1 hour ago, Ceryk said:

Prime or Syndicate is irrelevant. The issue is that we already had adequately powerful versions of these weapons in the game already and there are other weapons that need a new version more.

What would you suggest? 

6 hours ago, Ceryk said:

There are so many weapons that really need to be upgraded, but we keep getting the same weapon and they often don't need a second upgraded version because they already have an upgraded version. We didn't need Tigris Prime, we have the Sancti Tigris. We didn't need the Telos Boltor, we have Boltor Prime. We didn't need Nikana Prime when the upgrade wasn't that big of a deal and there are other weapons that could have used a more significant boost. We certainly don't need Cernos Prime with the Rakta Cernos and the Mutalist Cernos. Adding a fourth Cernos models is ridiculous when there are so many weapons that only have a single version. If a bow needed to be Primed, it should have been the Daikyu. That actually needs a boost.

It's just becoming a rather tiring trend seeing the same weapon upgraded multiple times, especially when we don't need it upgraded and there are other weapons more deserving that need an upgraded version.

And I know there are going to be people that say things like "But they're popular weapons, that's what people want." But that's part of the problem. Those weapons are popular because they're powerful already. Making the popular weapons more powerful just limits player choices.

I second this. Cernos prime was leaked. When I heard this will be the next prime to be released, it only took 1 garbage bow only sortie a few days later for me to delete the game. I cannot understand for the life of me the idea of a Tigris prime and then a Cernos prime when we already have great versions of both. Besides, this a horde style game. I like My previous Bows and use them a lot, but using them after just a few games gets boring really quick. When was the last time we had a PRIME RIFLE? Soma Prime?

The Braton prime is like an 18K sdps wep which is average.

Burston prime is just pure garbage.

Latron prime is an ok weapon a semi auto though.

We already have a Paris prime.

Vectis prime. Dont even get me started on snipers. 

That leaves us with the tigris prime which does a lot of damage but is a shoot reload, shoot reload style weapon. The Soma Prime which we got years ago and the boltor prime which we got way before the Soma Prime. 

Seriously. Can we add a little sensible logic here DE?

Edited by (PS4)dA_BLoK_iS_hOt

10 hours ago, lochinghim said:

This is not bad imo. As valkyr kind of berserker matching up with the two weapons, a more wild feel. Anyway, the choice of prime is within the tenno faction?

I think Valkyr would have been a perfect candidate to give a Pyranha Prime on top Venka Prime. That weapon fits her super well as a slashing full auto close range murder tool. Bows may feel more feral, but they are also slow and long range weapons which both dont fit Valkyr at all...

6 hours ago, Ceryk said:

To begin with, the list of weapons that can have a prime version is limited due to lore.

On top of this, certain weapons are unpopular not due to lack of power, but also because of how they function. No one is going to be interested in Panthera or Daikyu Prime just because they're stronger, those weapons are just plain awkward to use.

Another thing to consider is the popularity of competing weapons. Releasing Attica Prime would serve little purpose when Zhuge is already an adequately powerful auto-bow.

Something else is the fact that there is a time limit to when things will be primed. Venka has been out for well over a year, and Cernos is one of the oldest Tenno weapons in the game. Age, while not a hard rule, does grant some priority.

I just hope they make cernos p more similar to the other bows, aka over 100% crit chance when modded, similar damage per shot (slightly higher to compensate for impact damage) and drawspeed. Just to the point that the rakta cernos is still better from a pure average dmg/shot stance as it is now. So the rakta would still have it's niche of incredible drawspeed at the cost of a 12.5% chance to not crit, coupled with raw damage to compensate.