Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime design lore discussion

Cyborg-Rox

48 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Sorry but i am going to take the word of the game that states.

Before Alad V, before the experiments, there was the Gersemi Valkyr.

If you have something that counters this in game right now im happy to take a look at it.

well, the frame was being experimented on, man.

--------

LOL! The Valkyr Valkyr skin?

The name is there to NOT have that goofiness you just mentioned. Valkyr Valkyr skin....

Again, i'll take the words that the game has. If you have something else from the game, i'll be happy to check it out.

We all know that the prime version was done to look like the standard experimented looked because that the look most people are going to see and they want it to be recognizable, this is obvious. This, of course, doesnt work if you pay attention to the lore.

They have done this before with Nova. We all know this, i dont know why people are trying to excuse it.

Lore never states that the Geresmi skin was the original skin directly.  You are simply making that assumption based off of your own interpretation of what's actually being said.  It's pretty stupid that you and some others continue to insist your way of reading this situation is some how more correct than someone elses interpretation of the exact same material you are using.  Neither theory is more or less correct.  So get your pompus know everything attitude checked.

Just now, Apoc001 said:

or..as I've stated previously, we misinterpreted the lore, as we usually do

Whats to miss though?

Alas V found a cache.of warframes. He used these to make a new robotproxy called Zanuka.

Zanuka was controlled by him via a collar, a kind of corpus-transferance.

Upon a closer inspection after Gersemi's release, it was obvious to most of us, that Zanuka wore Gersemi-armor. Gersemi was DEs response to a demand to know what Valkyr had originally looked like.

Now.

Tell me what Lore I have miss-interpreted.

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

Tell me what Lore I have miss-interpreted.

2 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Upon a closer inspection after Gersemi's release, it was obvious to most of us, that Zanuka wore Gersemi-armor.

that, for starters

both are blue, but as you say, upon closer inspection you can clearly see that the skins are vastly different: different shades, lack of some design features, the fact that Zanuka is much larger than Valkyr therefore it is improbable for her "skin" to encompass  Zanukas body the way it is shown

48 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

Wtf I never said Valkyr Valkyr skin... Why not go in "Original Valkyr " or Origin Skin Valkyr...  

If ye base Gersemi as the original Valkyr, The Valkyr now should have been waaaay thinner. Even if experimented, the supposed peeled off arms looks bigger than Gersemi's thinner arms... The angle and positioning of her legs is also different too.. Even experimenting they woudnt have changed her core skeletal frame...

Neptlude, I've read all your posts here, and that actually one explanation that makes sence from everything else. That "Gersemi Valkyr" is a variation like a Vandal\Prisma\etc..actually works.

Thanks for putting it all together. Still would prefer a Gersemi Prime.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Lore never states that the Geresmi skin was the original skin directly.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

You are simply making that assumption based off of your own interpretation of what's actually being said.

Oh, the irony.

Because you're "ideas" you posted here before are not assumptions? Give me a break.

2 minutes ago, BURNINGTITANIUM226 said:

I'm thinking Germisi Valkyr IS the original Valkyr, wanted by both Corpus and Orokin (as we know they are both technology maniacs), then Alad V captures Germisi Valkyr, tortures her for Zanuka Project. The Orokin saw what Alad V did and then created their own version.

The Corpus were essentially part of the Orokin.

If we're going to go with speculation here though: I'm guessing that there was Gersemi first, Orokin or Tenno made copies and tried priming it afterwards (it's quite possible that some Prime weapons were upgraded versions of already existing weapons, made later on as an attempt at improving the design while making it look nicer; this could explain the ceremonial ribbons and arm guards), the fall happened so Prime stuff was lost, and then later on Alad found Gersemi and tried making it in the likeness of what he remembered the Prime version looking like before the tech was lost.

1 minute ago, ArcariusAero said:

The Corpus were essentially part of the Orokin.

If we're going to go with speculation here though: I'm guessing that there was Gersemi first, Orokin or Tenno made copies and tried priming it afterwards (it's quite possible that some Prime weapons were upgraded versions of already existing weapons, made later on as an attempt at improving the design while making it look nicer; this could explain the ceremonial ribbons and arm guards), the fall happened so Prime stuff was lost, and then later on Alad found Gersemi and tried making it in the likeness of what he remembered the Prime version looking like before the tech was lost.

Yeah thats better it explains more

3 hours ago, Neptlude said:

Because there may already have been tech there that corpus just replaced... AGAIN she was rip apart and put together again with just corpus tech.

AGAIN! Gersemi Valkyr is not the current Valkyr based form.

Valkyr(A)

Gersmi Valkyr(B) 

Current Corpus Valkyr(C)

(A) being the original before being ripped apart. At the same time line (B) is developed as a variant of (A) different yet similar at the same time.

(A) was captured and turned into (C)... Got that?

(A) may already have similar attachments that doesnt look corpus at all. No one knows what Valkyr looks like pre corpus, Gersemi Valkyr is a variant of Valkyr that existed long ago even before the corpus, that doesnt mean its the same valkyr that was use in the dissection.

If you still dont get it. Original Valkyr has box on arm. Corpus replace box on arm.

Yeah sure, just go on and make up your own lore about Valkyr. Like i told you before, 2 different artists, 2 different style, 3 years later.. Got that?

May, what if, maybe, but... All the same thing. The game literally tells you that Gersemi is Valkyr BEFORE the experiments. I doesn't say it's the original, it doesn't say there was more Valkyr forms. It just tells you this was her before. With the things we truly know, it goes like this: Gersemi > Valkyr. Simple. 

3 hours ago, Apoc001 said:

this is not about corpus parts being primed, but more about that the gauntlet were always there

Of course, it can't be corpus anymore since it conflicts with the lore of her prime version... Even DE admitted they'd have some "challenges" with Valkyr prime's lore and that to me is a very bad sign. 

Cashgrab at its finest.

15 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Like i told you before, 2 different artists, 2 different style

Mike Brennan, aka "Mynki", designs all the warframes, he wrote the guide that decides what is grinner, what is corpus, so on and so forth

he concepted Valkyr and is likely the 1 who modeled her, there is not a single warframe that didn't get his stamp of approval

if he goes back and primes the original Valkyr form, then that's where the lore is going to follow, whether it is changed, or that which has not been revealed is explained to us

1 thing that can not be argued: this is Valkyr Prime, what she looks like, and who she is, end of story

2 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Cashgrab at its finest.

whatever helps wrap you head around this, 1 more day and I can get Valkyr's true form

51 minutes ago, Apoc001 said:

that, for starters

both are blue, but as you say, upon closer inspection you can clearly see that the skins are vastly different: different shades, lack of some design features, the fact that Zanuka is much larger than Valkyr therefore it is improbable for her "skin" to encompass  Zanukas body the way it is shown

You may want to do some reading/watching then.

Alad V found a cache of many warframes. Plural. He went as.far as to throw that in our face.

"Zanuka is made of you. In fact, many of you."

The second clue is the helmet. All other helmets are red. And the half helmet do not match the body at all in style.

The one explanation that clearly will not work is that corpus made valkyrs helmet.

2 minutes ago, Apoc001 said:

Mike Brennan, aka "Mynki", designs all the warframes, he wrote the guide that decides what is grinner, what is corpus, so on and so forth

he concepted Valkyr and is likely the 1 who modeled her, there is not a single warframe that didn't get his stamp of approval

if he goes back and primes the original Valkyr form, then that's where the lore is going to follow, whether it is changed, or that which has not been revealed is explained to us

1 thing that can not be argued: this is Valkyr Prime, what she looks like, and who she is, end of story

whatever helps wrap you head around this, 1 more day and I can get Valkyr's true form

30 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

3 years later

Did you forget to quote something? If he is the one who made the original Valkyr, as well as Gersemi, time explains it all. His style definitively changed. 

57 minutes ago, BURNINGTITANIUM226 said:

I'm thinking Germisi Valkyr IS the original Valkyr, wanted by both Corpus and Orokin (as we know they are both technology maniacs), then Alad V captures Germisi Valkyr, tortures her for Zanuka Project. The Orokin saw what Alad V did and then created their own version.

You do realize the Orokin were dead hundreds, if not thousands of years before the Corpus were even really a thing, yes? Valkyr Prime existed long before the Corpus were around, and that the order of Valkyr would essentially be: Valkyr Prime>Gersemi Valkyr (When the Tenno attempted to recreate Valkyr Prime with inferior technology)> Valkyr (AFTER the Corpus, namely Alad V, partially dissassembled her).

Corpus found a cache of warframes.  Alad took them for his Zanuka Project.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSvNrG6Bc-Fop4BECeEvquC_xh4G1TCZJo4EDaFdNhoMtHJgg8

The goal was to create a new superir proxy made from warframes.  The genius.Alad V was the mastermind.

latest?cb=20131124094421

He made His robot Zanuka that Lotus called upon us all to destroy for it was a blasphemous abomination.

Zanuka.png

We rescued the warframes held by Alad V, but it was a damaged and scarred mess experimented on by Alad.

tumblr_o09u6dTglj1qdt0m6o1_r5_1280.jpg

valkyrs_nightmare_by_n4n0_1805-d7m4j9k.jpg

After we had defeated Alad and his robot, a new Valkyr-model.was found. The Gersemi Valkyr was before the experiment.

Now valkyr Prime is found. It look more like the experiment than Gersemi. Why is this surprising to  some of us?

this is why.

valkyrLeft_1024x1024.png?v=1472049142

If this is not enough to see my and others point, nothing will.

24 minutes ago, arch111 said:

-snip-

I don't think anyone is arguing about the marketing purposes, that is very obviously the reason behind this. People are saying that it's inherently dissapointing that they are doing it for marketing purposes and that they are trampling on the established lore for it.

Personally I think they should have released "Actual" Valkyr Prime, that being one that had the original design and abilities, based on Gersemi Valkyr. And then done another release for Valkyr "Prime" which would essentially be upgrading or rebuilding the post Corpus Valkyr with prime parts, effectively Priming her. They could have still done a Prime Access release for this, thus satisfying both camps, which could have made it even more unique if they kept that theme through it, Orokin equipment rebuilt in a somewhat cobbled together manner, like Captain Vor's Seer pistol, albeit by the Tenno rather than the Grineer, so less messy, I'd think of the new Burston for reference.