Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime design lore discussion

Cyborg-Rox

constructive feedback and discussion of the design please:

now before anyone gets to crazy..probably been talks on this already ... i understand

let me explain why I have some issues with her design wise, this is just feedback on the model design 

trinity,saryn,vauban,necros priems models were impressive, they looked the part and their own tweaks to the models that made them stand out

trinity p has long cloth mechanics and a twin tail loop on helmet

saryn p has a cloth mechanic skirt, tendril "hairs" and shoulder tendrils

vauban p has his coat and [power rework] as well as cloth mechanics and gold buckles 

necros p was very nice, almost like an angle of death , cloth "wings" and the overall look was imposing and impressive 

valkyr p just seems half baked ...venka and cenros prime looks nice though .. but overall it dosnt seem very fitting 

valkyr prime:

Spoiler

Image result for valkyr primeImage result for valkyr prime

the helmet is fine and fits ok in the prime pantheon, but the body design kinda is disappointing, looks like valkyr [after corpus] vanilla with some spikes slapped on and a few glow effects... not cannon to what we know as precorpus valkyr which is what the design should have been derived from , or merged with the vanilla model to make a mixed variation would have been ok ..

After corpus model 

Spoiler

Image result for valkyr prime

Gersemi  [means Valkyrie btw] 

Spoiler

Image result for valkyr gersemiRelated image

the Gersemi skin is the original appearance before the zenuka project , as such thats the real form that valkyr had/has, so why is the prime design based on the after corpus look? 

it just dosnt seem to make sense to me , and dosnt follow the plot of why she looks the way she does currently

does this mean continuity error [again ] in lore? based on after the fact designs ?

I just find it odd the designers went this route for her, when the other primes have so well designed lately , feels like valkyr got the short straw.... 

also it seems she comes with prime "bonds" for her arms as seen in the pictures ....

Im hoping their is a lore explanation or de explains why in her release that she is developed this way?

any thoughts or input on to why this may be the case?

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Easily solved.
The orokin restrained her for reasons simular to how Rhino went berzerk.  Honestly DE can just make up whatever story and make it fit, there's really no need to make a big issue over it.  I'm pretty sure regardless of her looks a lot of you Valkitty fans would have still used the Delux skin. 

1 minute ago, Azur_Fenix said:

My biggest problem is she has no damn tail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is the damn tail T_T

It's that tiny point  thats covered in armour. 

1 hour ago, xFrostKnightx said:

Easily solved.
The orokin restrained her for reasons simular to how Rhino went berzerk.  Honestly DE can just make up whatever story and make it fit, there's really no need to make a big issue over it.  I'm pretty sure regardless of her looks a lot of you Valkitty fans would have still used the Delux skin. 

It's that tiny point  thats covered in armour. 

not  a tail, and ya sure gersemi skin body to band-aid it, but the fact remains its not cannon

maybe valkyr gets some tweaks to her kit also...CxzaCz-UcAADt5n.jpg

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

9 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Lore never states that the Geresmi skin was the original skin directly.  You are simply making that assumption based off of your own interpretation of what's actually being said.  It's pretty stupid that you and some others continue to insist your way of reading this situation is some how more correct than someone elses interpretation of the exact same material you are using.  Neither theory is more or less correct.  So get your pompus know everything attitude checked.

Can you please tell us how do you read this?

What does this mean to you? Because apparently this statement is vague.

G-skin

Before Alad V, before the experiments, there was the Gersemi Valkyr.

It clearly discusses the experiments that ended up with the Alad V model. It says that BEFORE the experiments that Alad conducted Valk was Gersemi.

How does this read any other way?

Per title.

Please fill in you answers in the poll below. Will update post as answers come in.

(This is a fan poll, not DE's)

https://goo.gl/R8uYRz

So far around half want it as part of the base model. 

as an extra attachment comes in second, and as a syandanna has the least votes. 

Total NO votes are only 12%.

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

12 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Can you please tell us how do you read this?

What does this mean to you? Because apparently this statement is vague.

G-skin

Before Alad V, before the experiments, there was the Gersemi Valkyr.

It clearly discusses the experiments that ended up with the Alad V model. It says that BEFORE the experiments that Alad conducted Valk was Gersemi.

How does this read any other way?

agreed ^ its literally there and was stated as such by de in multiple dev streams last year 

For all we know, she gains a tail when she activates Hysteria, much like classic Valkyr's 'Tail' thing when you had a whip equipped.

I mean DE have provided us the Nova Skin with the energy arms when using an ability, and there was mention that the Zephyr Deluxe skin is likely to employ that for the 'wings'...Wouldn't be unreasonable to think it's part of the options now for Prime flair, no?

I will never understand the obsession with lore in non-story driven games.  Especially in Warframe where what passes for lore is so bad, and obviously made up on the fly, I sometimes wonder if they don't just have some 8th grader making up "something cool" for them.