Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think Wukongs Staff Range needs a buff ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

The biggest mistake was having the staff grow based off the combo counter, do the bandaid mod method of fixing the combo counter Instead of what common sense dictates; buffing it to 15 seconds by default, then intentionally disable that same bandaid mod for Exalted Melee, therefore dooming Primal Fury to be worse than just equipping Bo Prime with Primed Reach and Body Count/Drifting Contact.

It's easily the blandest Exalt weapon. Excal has blade waves and auto-parry. Valkyr  is invincible with lifesteal. Titania gets mini-Archwing mode. Ivara has the multishot bow which can change the angle of spread. Peacemaker trades movement for ramping damage and status/knockdown resistance.

Wukong gets a stick with less range than a normal melee weapon. Whoop de freaking doo. It really needs some gimmick or mechanic to set it apart.

13 hours ago, Duavey said:

It's easily the blandest Exalt weapon. Excal has blade waves and auto-parry. Valkyr  is invincible with lifesteal. Titania gets mini-Archwing mode. Ivara has the multishot bow which can change the angle of spread. Peacemaker trades movement for ramping damage and status/knockdown resistance.

Wukong gets a stick with less range than a normal melee weapon. Whoop de freaking doo. It really needs some gimmick or mechanic to set it apart.

Agreed

Wukong needed this buff the moment he came out for the same reasons. He slipped on the nerf hammer so hard it even broke his staff on release. For PS4 tenno it was a full update cycle before it was even usable and even then it was outclassed by plain orthos. Mod interations with staff are stupid. Sorry I have to be blunt tonight.

Stretch, Overextended, Cunning drift: Lowers the number hits in the combo to get to max length.

Reach (Prime): Determines Starting Length.

Neither one actually dictates the length unless you count reach as it just adds on to the starting point, but the range mods do absolutely nothing for it. I was crushed when I finally played with Wu and he felt so lackluster. I mean you created an alert only resource for a frame that was locked behind a 9 and a half day timewall only to finally get a broken frame. If I come off salty so be it. My boy Wu needs some more Umpf in his kit.

On 11/18/2016 at 9:22 PM, HyokaChan said:

It apparently used to. At least there's still Drifting Contact.

They fixed that.

They fixed wukong so hard his staff range was nerfed from what it was on release here.  It used to get quite a bit longer too.  Not as long as the china version but it was still fun...  now?  Lol.

Wukongs Gimmick, the main powerful ability is nothing more then a weaker, SHORTER Orthos.  A STANDARD MELEE WEAPON THAT CAN BENEFIT FROM BODY COUNT.

>.>

#NotSalty

Edited by achromos
...Ok, very.

I would love for wukong to get some QoL improvements. His staff should get a bit of a range buff, not as big as the china version, but a bit more than he has now. Combo counter should be buffed up to about 10 seconds at base. Exalted melee should get a couple seconds added on, depending on the weapon (excal gets 5 seconds totaling 15, Valkyr gets 2 seconds totaling 12 and wukong should get 2 without his passive being taken in to consideration)