Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are the new primes worth?

DarkAspec

Question

16 answers to this question

Its up to you. Some people will sell the new stuff for the first month to make the most profit from it and then get it for themselves. If you're not a Valkyr fan then I'd suggest that. I'm not a fan of her either but I am a fan of Mastery Rank and being caught up when new stuff comes out so I can go back to being on break from Warframe to finish up my other games I'm playing. If you're only mainly playing Warframe though then take your time and go after the Plat and then maybe use that plat to buy what you really want.

the venka prime is fun but i wouldn't say its usefull

but to answer the question you really want to ask but didn't wrote down:
yes all the new primes give mastery points
3k each weapon and 6k for the frame

for the profit thing id say sell it all right now and farm it again or buy it in 2 or 3 month if you are not in a hurry
the price will eventually go down

49 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Is it power creep good? Or does the innate multishot gimmick have enough of a downside to relegate it to pretty good?

It's balanced. You can't do sh1t at long range with it, even mid-range is not that spectacular. However, it really shines at close range [<15m].

6 hours ago, radastir said:

@DarkAspec
I took some screenshots for you about the aesthetics. I use the Tennogen Cheetah Helmet and the "Lunaro" shoulder armor.
valkyr.jpg

Definitely worth it in my opinion! :heart::heart::heart:

Was the first thing I bought too when my Valkyr was ready :satisfied: Some of the Tennogen stuff just looks incredibly good.

On ‎23‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 3:01 PM, DarkAspec said:

Throughout the forums, all I've seen is how bad the Cernos Prime. I've also seen a post about how Valkyr's priming wasn't that good either. Should I even try building the new stuff or just sell it for a profit?

Sell it for profit now, buy it cheap later if you're after affinity for Mastery Rank. Valkyr is the best part of the pack and rather easy to get. Cernos is not too hard to get too, but disappoints. Venka is nothing special but the hardest to collect as you kinda need 4x rare parts.

Valkyr Prime is nothing special but that's the fault of the frame. Cernos doesn't know what it wants to be.

Venka on the other hand is the #1 Dual sword "type" weapon and by far the most powerful item of the three. It beats Prisma Cleavers, Broken War, Atterax, Dual Ichor.... The only weapon that really competes with Venka Prime is Galantine Prime.

EDIT: Oh and Zenistar but that's using stealth multiplier double dips.

Edited by Xzorn

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Venka on the other hand is the #1 Dual sword "type" weapon and by far the most powerful item of the three. It beats Prisma Cleavers, Broken War, Atterax, Dual Ichor.... The only weapon that really competes with Venka Prime is Galantine Prime.

You forgot about the Atterrax, Nikana prime, Dark Split Sword (dual sword version), and a few others.  It is the most powerful of all the Claw/fist type weapons. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
added info

17 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

You forgot about the Atterrax, Nikana prime, Dark Split Sword (dual sword version), and a few others.  It is the most powerful of all the Claw/fist type weapons. 

I mentioned Atterax but I avoided Nikana Prime cuz some fanboy will come in a talk about counter attack finishers and I'd just rather avoid that.

Prisma Cleavers / Dual Ichor are already better than Split Swords so that's a given. Split Swords have a mean slide but that's about it.