The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Mod unlock - 5 headshots in a single aim glide with rifle

Zorndar

Few things I've noticed with this:
-Yes its X number of headshot kills.  I think the reason they don't specifically list "kills" is that the random mission challenge to get 10 headshots really means to get 10 headshot kills as well without saying it and they are just being consistent...even if it should be changed.
-If you have the headshot challenge it will mess up the riven mod.  I was in a situation where I wasn't able to get any headshot kills counted for the riven mod while the mission challenge was ticking up like normal.

Few things that can make this easier:
-Weapons with punchthrough.  Just lead the enemies into an area where they have to line up and let punchthrough take care of the rest.
-The air drafts in the corpus gas cities help with this a lot as you just have to gather enemies near it and aimglide while riding the air currents.
-Abilities to levitate enemies helps with this if you the above don't.  I personally used Zephyr with Zenuriks focus ability to get it done on a low level corpus extermination map (the helmets are really easy to get headshots on) but Vauban with bastille can help as well.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2016 at 1:31 AM, Zanoza-chan said:

My suggestion is:

- any frame (but take Zephyr if can), any automatic wep (Soma, Braton)
 - Grineer survival with Grineer Galeon tileset (Draco, Ceres, for example)
 - look for a tube (there's always atleast one tube as a connector between rooms)
 - make Grineers run to you through that tube, stand near its edge
 - do a short jump + aim, shoot them in a row
 - challenge done, you're awesome

Yes, that should work. What if we were to use a sybaris with high punch-through on low level enemies? That should get multiple head shots per shot, instead of just the people you shoot dying.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Rkpayne07 said:

Yes, that should work. What if we were to use a sybaris with high punch-through on low level enemies? That should get multiple head shots per shot, instead of just the people you shoot dying.

It may work that way, but be sure to hit their heads. Low-lvl enemies are dying without headshot too easy and quickly becuz one single bullet hit in a shoulder can be enough for em.

I've gotten that challenge twice so far. Here's easy way; get rifle with high fire-rate and accuracy (I.e. Braton), equip a secondary that deals as little damage as possible (i.e. unmodded furis), equip Vauban. Go to Earth (I prefer Exterm) and find a couple of Kubrow Nests. Clear nearby enemy Grineer. Shoot the nests with your secondary to pop up a few kubrows. Let them close in on you, drop Bastille. Bullet jump to the sky, aim-glide and go for the glowing red spots (their eyes). If you fail, your secondary should not have obliterated the nests, so you can shoot them again for more kubrows (and chances at it).

• 4 weeks later...

Discovered a new place for this one.   Vor assassinate.   Each time he turns into an 8 ball, he summons troops.  Gets a nice little crowd for you.  The room is huge enabling Zephyr to go waaaay up.    They conveniently line the rails to shoot at you like a private shooting gallery.   Or use Zenurik to freeze a group.

On 11/25/2016 at 0:20 PM, Zorndar said:

Is there something I'm missing, like does it have to be subsequent hits or kill shots?

only the headshot that kill the enemy count. they changed it shortly after TWW update

EDIT: oh didnt read that u already done it. gratz, but it would help to edit u OP saying that u done it, or there might more ppl reply like this lol

Edited by FireSegment