Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma rework

(XBOX)AntiCaesar

Just now, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

I heard the heal effect was removed. Good thing or fire chroma then.

Please enlighten me on how can you troll with everlasting ward.

You used to be able to force Hydroid to heal with his Curative Undertow, costing him more energy. You could proc a Sentinel's healing mod by running past someone with it on if they had full health, which is obviously not good because that puts it back on cooldown. 

I recall there being a longer list, but those 2 for sure are ones I've had to deal with myself, and remember reading in the patch notes that it was changed.

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

You used to be able to force Hydroid to heal with his Curative Undertow, costing him more energy. You could proc a Sentinel's healing mod by running past someone with it on if they had full health, which is obviously not good because that puts it back on cooldown. 

I recall there being a longer list, but those 2 for sure are ones I've had to deal with myself, and remember reading in the patch notes that it was changed.

You always learn something new. I always use ice, so I never thought of that.

11 hours ago, Chhkt said:

Chroma's first ability is pointless, you do more damage using your weapons while not rendering yourself immobile and wasting valuable energy for other abilities. If it were to be a toggle ability where Chroma could move normally and the damage done would add on to weapon damage while augmenting the elemental damages done by said weapons, it might be worth it. 

Chroma's second (aura) needs a hell of a lot more range. I should not have to hug allies to have them benefit from this power. Also, please do something with the cast animation making Chroma stand still. Vex Armor can be cast on the go without a lapse in mobility and that should be the same for his 2.

About Chroma's ult...what kills me about it is the energy efficiency, lack of synergy with range modding, and its immobility. The heavy energy drain on this ability makes me not want to use it in favor of his 2 and 3. While "turret" mode actually kind of has uses it would be cool to see it be able to move around (fly like a dragon), barring that the attack from Effigy could do with more range being added from having range mods slotted in. 

Due to the (horrid) way shielding works in the game, I think the shield bonus on Chroma's 2 with electricity should be a constant state of hyper-regeneration (think Volt's Capacitance aug) up to a certain max determined by power mods and shield mods, and to keep some equality between the elements, fire should do the same for health except with slower regen due to heavy armor.

Just my jumbled thoughts.

Edited by Chhkt

On 26/11/2016 at 10:14 PM, xFrostKnightx said:

How many frames do you see spamming their 1 ability? Aside from Atlas there's really no reason to use 1 unless it's situiational, it's not an excuse to ask for a buff to you can spam a low energy ability to delete everything you look at.  As for Effigy, I see chromas using it almost all the time, I've never seen anyone actualy complain about this ability and even tatical potato thinks Chroma is very strong for how flexable he is and tha guys mains him with 0  complaints. 

Mirage hall of mirrors, Saryn spores, Inaros pocket sand, Ivara Quiver, Loki decoy?

Edited by Dragazer

• 1 month later...

I i say make 2 and 3 recast because running out of your vex armor and having to take damage to restack is dangerous at high levels,  making his survivability inconsistent without arcanes. His 1 should make it so if you  can cycle thru his different elements, making him more versatile. His 4 probably just needs more efficiency. 

• 2 months later...

All I really want is to be able to get the resistance of ice chroma without the need of using the S#&$ty white energy that your essentially limited to for max viability. There is a distinct reason they discontinued stat altering skins, like the fragor brokk skin, so why would they leave chroma the way he is with his energy colors?

On 11/27/2016 at 8:16 PM, Madway7 said:

If he's such a top tier warframe then why does barely anyone use him beyond credit farms?

Personally the major turn off I have for him is that the timer keeps resetting the Armor bonus forcing him to alternate between semi squishy and tanky everytime. 

I don't care about the damage multiplier (it could diminish over time for all care), I just don't like that he relies so heavily on a timer for such an important part of his main kit. 

For his 4, I couldn't find info on this so idk if it's already like this, but if his Effigy takes 50% of his armor I expect that armor to get applied to it.

I don't think his 2 should be recastable either, it's much less annoying to recast than his Vex Armor, because unlike Vex Armor the bonus doesn't need to be recharged and is consistent throught the duration.

And imo his 1 could use more range but I don't care much about it.

He's not used much because he takes a lot of work to be good. He needs a lot of expensive mods and requires a whole bunch of forma. I had to get 5 forma in him before I felt he was good and that's not even taking account the amount of resources it took to get the mods to a suitable level. Also he's a really selfish frame and doesn't really benefit the team much and with his lack of CC he just doesn't have much use outside of being a tank. A really good tank but still only a tank.

On 27.11.2016 at 4:09 AM, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

Too op? If a frame can only use 2 of the 4 abilities he has the 2 he uses better be good. No one ever uses spectrla scram or effigy ever.

I do. At least the effigy that is. On my gun and melee build (first includes armor and ice, second QT, Naramon and fire/toxic)

I mean why would you not? Playing Rage+P flow makes the effigy a rather nice energy sink while you're free to go on a rampage. No frame gets more outa the recieved damage then chroma does anyways. Does he have to be set literally survive the apocalypse? That thing is set to be a turret that profits from the high strength, gets efficient with the high duration and has no downsides to the small range...

Thing works, does damage, Cc and support. Can't blame your personal choices onto DE ya know. If you wanna blame something, blame the elements tho. All elements could easily provide him with eather percentuall or nummerical armor, all could give a lil better utility and handle range in the same way Ice does. Ice could give a strong percentuall buff, fire could be life management on lower percentuall armor, Toxic relatively strong Numerical armor (so it carries over to the effigy) and electric percentuall damage reduction and damage gain on shields or something along these lines. All could scale with vex in a different way too, setting completely different bases... Vex could have 4 abilitys too that allow more offensive or defensive splits and mechanics. Elements could change builds and playstyles, this would make the effigy more attractive too but none of this is the case. I understand your point as i'm well aware how you see him but aren't you making it a lil too easy by blaming it onto effigy alone? Isn't it his goddarn typical, only present possible playstyle that doesn't exactly favor it?

I agree that spectral scream is literall trash but many, MANY first abilitys in the game are and he still got 3 outstanding abilitys that work splendit for him. He would be OP as he's definitly gonna have the infinite energy supply to recast it indefinitly..

Only rework i thus wanna see is a full elemental rework.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Something tells me DE will allow Chroma Vex Armor to be recastable

*Insert caveat*

...It will be made to function, like when Blessing casting Overrode previous effect, where a new cast 'renews' the ability

All subsequent casts will reset buffs to zero, but the Abilities will be recastable.

How about if EW and VA were recastable, but recasting VA halved it's benefit.  So you have a 450%dmg buff on vex, you recast it and it resets the duration but the buff drops to 225% and must be recharged. 

Also, how about if VA applied it's bonuses to all your other abilities?  (would increase effigy armor and dmg, as well as scream dmg)

On 25/4/2017 at 1:07 PM, TheDefenestrater said:

How about if EW and VA were recastable, but recasting VA halved it's benefit.  So you have a 450%dmg buff on vex, you recast it and it resets the duration but the buff drops to 225% and must be recharged. 

Also, how about if VA applied it's bonuses to all your other abilities?  (would increase effigy armor and dmg, as well as scream dmg)

One can only dream...