Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Corpus really need new workers

SpeedOfLightPuncher

They have armored crewmen and robotics on their ships but they still didn't fix their windows. It takes literary nothing to break them. 

If you are playing with randoms (I am because I have no friends) and get a mirage with a symulor or any frame with a atterax or telos boltace the windows will break in every 2nd room you go to and be locked in until you hack the terminal. 

Playing hacking minigames 50% of the mission is not a thing that is supposed to be in a combat oriented game. 

It does nothing but slow you down and if there is a bursa locked in with you you better hope that you don't die.

So answer these questions for me.

How often do you play Corpus missions? I am not judging you if you don't, I really hate them.

How often do you get locked into the room because of broken windows? My guess is 5.6/mission

Do you actually think that locking you into a room because your attack was a little too wide is a good idea? Because I for sure don't! 

Here's my answers:

1. I don't play Corpus missions too often. They're boring.

2. Not too often. See point 1.

3. No. Breakable windows shouldn't be a thing.

The Corpus desperately need attention, new enemy types, and tilesets. I hope there will be a bigger Corpus update soon enough.

Well I do Corpus missions same as all else. Will never understand what's so different about them. But yeah windows are kinda stupid. Especially when they can cover them after you break them with no problems. Why do they exist then? For the beautiful view?

1 hour ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

So answer these questions for me.

How often do you play Corpus missions? I am not judging you if you don't, I really hate them.

How often do you get locked into the room because of broken windows? My guess is 5.6/mission

Do you actually think that locking you into a room because your attack was a little too wide is a good idea? Because I for sure don't! 

really often, I really like the corpus vessel tileset

0.3/mission? once in every 3 missions? or 0.5, 1/2. no more

because my attack was too wide and I failed to take it into account? no problem with that, AoE being AoE, it's like dealing with self damage: be carefull.

... But I almost never play with random player and I like hacking.

Edited by Kiochy

I like the breaking windows :P

But yeah it'll be good if the windows has more HP so they don't break too easily. Or maybe you just need to activate some kind of an emergency shutter console without needing to play the hack minigame. Or maybe the Corpus should make a built in auto-shutter that automatically shuts when a window breaks.

2 hours ago, Venom-Snake said:

They didnt learn from the Geth: -snip-

We all know that the Geth hivemind is actually just Ubuntu that after years of self-upgrading reached sentience.

On topic, I kinda like the breakable windows... They're actually the only thong putting a brake on simulor-spamming rampages.

...bloody trigger-happy Mirages...

I like the mechanic. If I know I'm liable to vent a room by fighting in it with an AoE weapon, I just sprint through, otherwise, if I'm doing a Spy, or whatever, and there's a bunch of Corpus chasing me between two vaults, I just 180 on the way out, and blow out the window, lock them all in there while it vents, and I can keep going.

I like the windows, used to it even if it's totally not logical :clem:

Imo they should just make it breakable by punchthrough bullets. So you will not break it with a random AoE or bulletjump, but we'll still have this mechanic ingame sometimes

Edited by Xgomme

I don't play corpus often (too many block everything nullifiers grouped up with comba/scrambus and Corpus Techs with Ripline Bursas), even if they do have a better layout than the Grineer Galleons.

I don't get locked in often, but when I do, its usually that lousy mirage with a simulor or some &#! with a tonkor.

Do I think broken windows need to be a thing? Well, its better than Broken Lights.

I don't prefer Corpus missions, they're just not as fun as Grineer or Infested, but I don't actively avoid them.

I rarely get locked out, because I play mainly solo.

I think the windows should be given a bit more health and made immune to AoE damage, so you actually have to hit them for them to break. Lore-wise, they really don't make any sense. I would imagine that thicker glass is cheaper than entire sections of you ship getting blown into space because someone bumped into a window.

7 hours ago, Hesyol said:

Well I do Corpus missions same as all else. Will never understand what's so different about them. But yeah windows are kinda stupid. Especially when they can cover them after you break them with no problems. Why do they exist then? For the beautiful view?

If I was stuck on a ship for months or years on end, I'd hate staring at the same walls day in, day out. Also, it helps them react quicker to an oncoming threat, because they can see the threat coming and are not completely reliant on radar that could be subverted.