The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Warframe Skins be Universal?

Dragazer

Nope, they ought not be. Weapon Skins, however, should cover the entire class of weapon (IE: The way Feyarch Bow can be applied to any of the short bows).

Also, uh, Ash isn't useless at all now...? Bladestorm and Teleport could have their power cost reduced a bit (with Bladestorm also just using the clones to attack your targets rather than you), and Shuriken could stand to have a few improvements (better tracking and maybe scaling off melee combo multiplier), but as is, Ash is still a plenty capable warframe. o.O

3 hours ago, Dragazer said:

The new Ash Koga skin looks really sweet but, the problem here is that I want to play a frame that is actually useful.

I mean we can already equip the idle animations of other frames, so I don't see why not, more options is good right?.

What do you guys think?

You should be asking for improvements of the particular frames then if you have a problem with them, instead of this immersion killer. Poses can be immitated by other people and is the basic reason it is allowed. It should go no further.

Edited by UrielColtan

3 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

I think your idea is terrible. Your reason for this idea is especially terrible. Ash is useful, he just isn't a crutch anymore.

Useful? Useful at wasting energy and time perhaps.

Before: 100 energy for 18 targets. Clones attacked targets until they died

Now: 270 energy for 18 targets or 215 while invis. Targets can now only be attacked 3 times at max each attack costing 15 or 10 energy per attack.

At this point I'll rather take a Loki (aka Better-Ash), and kill stuff way faster using my guns, and have abilities that actually help the team.

I guess Ash's only niche now is to look cool in the Relay with the new skin.

Edited by Dragazer

LOL no.

Deluxe and Tennogen skins are modeled after specific frames and after specific concepts.

Ash's Koga skin, for example? Ash is by far the most Shinobi-like warframe in the roster, so it makes sense for the related deluxe skin to be shinobi themed.
Banshee's skin? Sound frame.
Excalibur's skin? Primordial frame (Dark Sector's concept).
Rhino's skin? Bulky charging buffer frame, basically the closest we get in the game to a Legionnaire (Palatini were the soldiers of the Imperial Guard in the Roman Empire).
Loki's skin? The Trickster, it's kinda obvious also looking at the shape of that collar, the patterns blah blah blah...
Trinity? The Geisha and the Hexress.
Frost (soon to be)? The Ice Giants of the Norse mythology.
Chroma (soon)? Chinese dragons.
Nyx? Well, she was "female Excalibur" at the developement stage and she does have some powers already seen in DS, sooo... yeah, the Primordial Antagonist, I guess...

I forgot something... but, well, I think my idea is pretty clear. No overlapping of powers, concepts and looks.

On one hand I think it'd be kind of fun. I'm usually in favor of separating what the character (in this case the Warframes) powers/abilities from their looks.

(I wanted this constantly in Boderlands 2!)

But that said, if it were actually a thing I'd probably end only using a few frames for looks and the rest would just get shoved into the back of the closet so to speak.

- Rhino, Volt, Ash's Koga, Excal's Caduto. Ember, Nova Prime, Nyx Athena -

Those would probably take up 90% of the base frames I'd use, heh.

1 minute ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

So...you're basing this on a subjective thought.

Hm.

49 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Useful? Useful at wasting energy and time perhaps.

Before: 100 energy for 18 targets. Clones attacked targets until they died

Now: 270 energy for 18 targets or 215 while invis. Targets can now only be attacked 3 times at max each attack costing 15 or 10 energy per attack.

At this point I'll rather take a Loki (aka Better-Ash), and kill stuff way faster using my guns, and have abilities that actually help the team.

I guess Ash's only niche now is to look cool in the Relay with the new skin.

Objective actually.

I'd vote a big no. Each frame is unique, and the deluxe skins especially underline this notion by pushing the theme-related designs even further (as Vastarov pointed out).

For weapons, however, I don't get why some special skins are tied to bundles (Freyarch for the bows, Nikana Ryu...) and can't be bought separately like anything else. I just don't get it. The devs could totally make them available as single items and increase their prices slightly compared to what they are worth in the bundle, they would not lose any money.

BTW Ash is useful. He got a nice, although somewhat shy, rework. Don't confuse "useful" with "OP masterrace". If he gets the job done, he is good enough. He still lacks of team synergy though. I'm far from an Ash lover myself, but with his new skin and his altered abilities I find myself liking him again.

4 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

BTW Ash is useful. He got a nice, although somewhat shy, rework. Don't confuse "useful" with "OP masterrace". If he gets the job done, he is good enough. He still lacks of team synergy though. I'm far from an Ash lover myself, but with his new skin and his altered abilities I find myself liking him again.

The problem is that other frames get the job done faster and more. Any frame with a meta weapon can kill enemies faster and more efficiently than Ash can without energy, while also having abilities that aren't redundant.

14 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

The problem is that other frames get the job done faster and more. Any frame with a meta weapon can kill enemies faster and more efficiently than Ash can without energy, while also having abilities that aren't redundant.

So ...? Every time a new frame comes out, some people will claim "it's useless because X and Y already do it better", I've seen it for years. So what ? A Tigris prime gets the job done faster than the regular version, same for Galatine and others (Rakta Cernos vs Paris Prime for ex), this doesn't mean we can't enjoy the older variants. I certainly do. This is just a game, whatever works for you is good. "Meta" only matters if you want it to matter - I do not, because it is boring. Now there are some truely bad (as in, hardly usable above level 30) weaps and frames in the game, but Ash right now isn't among them. Feel free to disagree with me

33 minutes ago, Vastarov said:

It's... it's... it's made out of modular pieces kept together through magnetic force... Which other frame has a "magnetic" concept?... :I

Nova... She can have Antimatter floating around her

Also maybe Nyx being psychic and all `-`

Edited by Neptlude

1 minute ago, Neptlude said:

Nova... She can have Antimatter floating around her

Also maybe Nyx being psychic and all `-`

Antimatter might be thought as an "attraction" power (gravity astrophysics stuff, let's not dwell...) but it's not a magnetic force like the one actual magnets have.
Also, Nova can have antimatter balls floating around her, not matter. Am I being too finicky? Probably, but that's the point of these discussions.

Nyx? Yeah, she's an ESP - not particularly a telekinetic. Nothing to do with magnets.

9 minutes ago, Vastarov said:

Antimatter might be thought as an "attraction" power (gravity astrophysics stuff, let's not dwell...) but it's not a magnetic force like the one actual magnets have.
Also, Nova can have antimatter balls floating around her, not matter. Am I being too finicky? Probably, but that's the point of these discussions.

Nyx? Yeah, she's an ESP - not particularly a telekinetic. Nothing to do with magnets.

but those effects can levitate objects it doesnt have to be magnetic `-`