Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Warframe Skins be Universal?

Dragazer

The new Ash Koga skin looks really sweet but, the problem here is that I want to play a frame that is actually useful.

I mean we can already equip the idle animations of other frames, so I don't see why not, more options is good right?.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Dragazer

I understand what you mean although I think the reason lies in the animations of the warframe matching the skin and in order to make it "universal" they would have to remap every other frame to allow the skin to fit. I'm not exactly sure what it would require this is just a guess on my end. Also I think that there are other things that DE should work on first before trying to allow skins to be placed on other frames.

Edited by Neear

It would detract from the other 'frame's identity, so DE won't go through with it.

However, I could see the viability of some Warframe helmets being multi-frame-wearable (i,e: Inaros' default helmet on Nekros, and Volt Prime's helmet on Excalibur), although some Warframes won't get this benefit (see Chroma and his pelt as an example of this).

I do want this in a way, but not the same skin working on all frames.    I would like to see skin sets with similar patterns, markings and colors.   IE I would LOVE to see a Palantine skin for each frame.   Allowing your frames to match, but each would be its own skin.