Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Relic system, is only for those good pc.

TeaBegging

One of my main concerns with this relic system is that must have good optimized pc, with good specs. Because if you don't like my you end up waiting like 5 mins in the loading screen and when you finally have fully loaded you see that the majority of the team already has their full reactant.
Now most of the time know how impatience others are they just rush to the extraction and want to be done with. Can't blame them, because I wouldn't wait either but the old system at least could give you the reward even if you loaded slowly.

With every update those who poorly optimized potatoes laptops get screwed over. Back in the days Steve was focusing to those who didn't have the best requirements and sadly he is now more focused on making the game prettier. Nothing against it but there are still those who enjoy the game but can't afford a good pc.
I can't participate in Capture,Sabotage and sometimes Exterminate its the loading times that always seem to drop my frames. Or when a player joins then it gets really bad. Back in update 8.0 I had 60 Fps solid.

Now update 19:0 it has dropped to a mear 10 Fps

Check if you can lower the settings of Warframe. You might've forgotten to turn off a few new things.

Would be nice for the Void to have an actual PURPOSE rather than being deVoid of life (read: "Tenno skoom!" ). I don't just mean for the Void to remain as a place to farm Argon Crystals and, on occasion, Void Traces, I want the Relics to be able to unveil old Void Keys as to reopen the Old Way of getting Primes, or at least have the Refinement Segment get a feature that can scrap a Prime part into a Void Key for that respective Era.

Just now, Koldraxon-732 said:

Check if you can lower the settings of Warframe. You might've forgotten to turn off a few new things.

Would be nice for the Void to have an actual PURPOSE rather than being deVoid of life (read: "Tenno skoom!" ). I don't just mean for the Void to remain as a place to farm Argon Crystals and, on occasion, Void Traces, I want the Relics to be able to unveil old Void Keys as to reopen the Old Way of getting Primes, or at least have the Refinement Segment get a feature that can scrap a Prime part into a Void Key for that respective Era.

I already play on the preset low, any graphic option is either low or off.

The lowest it can go, because if I turn them any higher then it gets far worse. I can't even play on full screen =/ which I could back in the days.

You mention you have a laptop? Correct me if I'm wrong, but laptops, overtime, start slowing down, due to wear on the hardwares. Back in update 8.0? How long ago was that, to now? I owned 2 laptops which I know for a fact wear out and lost its performances compared to when I had it, longest I had one laptop which I used heavily for gaming was 3 years, before it couldn't run without a charger plugged in.

1 minute ago, saltygr33n said:

You mention you have a laptop? Correct me if I'm wrong, but laptops, overtime, start slowing down, due to wear on the hardwares. Back in update 8.0? How long ago was that, to now? I owned 2 laptops which I know for a fact wear out and lost its performances compared to when I had it, longest I had one laptop which I used heavily for gaming was 3 years, before it couldn't run without a charger plugged in.

Yep got a laptop, other games still run fine, it's just warframe having issues

5 minutes ago, TeaBegging said:

Yep got a laptop, other games still run fine, it's just warframe having issues

That sucks then. I do notice the fps drops compared to a year ago and now, though for me, it isn't much of a drop; about maybe 5-10 fps drop here and there, but when in a full party of 4, sometimes the fps suddenly starts going down to 30 fps, which wasn't like that at all, till a few updates ago, probably 6 months or so?

Edited by saltygr33n

Just now, TeaBegging said:

I already play on the preset low, any graphic option is either low or off.

The lowest it can go, because if I turn them any higher then it gets far worse. I can't even play on full screen =/ which I could back in the days.

The time may have come, then, to find a way to upgrade your laptop (even though, according to my understanding, laptops have virtually no modularity in comparison to PCs).

And, laptops are designed with obsolescence in mind. I would recommend you consider requesting a custom-made, modular pseudo-laptop (PC you can carry on your back and set up anywhere, pretty much) or patenting a backpack/PC hybrid.

This reminds me, perhaps DE should consider reintroducing wall-running and increasing all Warframes' movement speed a little bit, and a drastic buff to sprint speed.

And, with War Within, the Tenno should have that old Stamina Bar put on them, along with the ability to 'mini-parkour' (slower, not so graceful, but still fluid, and costs Stamina because of --- Play War Within quest to uncover why I'm talking about this), since they deserve the ability to crouch, roll, and slide.

I would say 'New Relic System, is only for those good internet connection'.

It is true the time to load into the mission takes part on the HW of the PC, but the inet connection is as guilty as evrything else.

And for endless relics you should play survivals, those (for me) are the only missions that gives you a good amount of reactant even if you are in the last minute of the round, defense is terrible balanced, with good luck I reach 9/10 reactants from the very begining

Check to see which DirectX is checked in the Launcher. Also make sure all the extra new graphics options that got added with The War Within have been turned off.

Lastly check to see if your laptop manufacturer provided any Control Panel like settings to alter the graphics card performance. Something that often goes undocumented is that various Laptop providers will throttler GPU and CPU performance when on battery. 

18 minutes ago, saltygr33n said:

Let me correct you a bit as everything has wear overtime and it is usually due to lack of heat dissipation. Regular desktops wear overtime, consoles wear overtime, etc. A laptop which is not designed for gaming will certainly not be able to handle the heat overload given to it and will of course wear the components quicker, but most likely as is the case here the components of the laptop have been out grown. I have a gaming laptop that I purchased 4yrs ago which still works perfectly fine for this and many other games even on high settings but that is based on the proper investment made (my children use it everyday). I have another gaming laptop which I have customized when I purchased 2 years ago and have plenty of room left for future expansion, but it is entirely based on proper investment and knowledge of components at time of purchase which allows me to not worry. As for batteries they do die eventually in all devices that use them, you can replace some and others you can't. 

28 minutes ago, TeaBegging said:

One of my main concerns with this relic system is that must have good optimized pc, with good specs. Because if you don't like my you end up waiting like 5 mins in the loading screen and when you finally have fully loaded you see that the majority of the team already has their full reactant.
Now most of the time know how impatience others are they just rush to the extraction and want to be done with. Can't blame them, because I wouldn't wait either but the old system at least could give you the reward even if you loaded slowly.

With every update those who poorly optimized potatoes laptops get screwed over. Back in the days Steve was focusing to those who didn't have the best requirements and sadly he is now more focused on making the game prettier. Nothing against it but there are still those who enjoy the game but can't afford a good pc.
I can't participate in Capture,Sabotage and sometimes Exterminate its the loading times that always seem to drop my frames. Or when a player joins then it gets really bad. Back in update 8.0 I had 60 Fps solid.

Now update 19:0 it has dropped to a mear 10 Fps

This is more of a multi-level problem. First your internet is a major part of slow loading, next a laptop that is that out of date and not designed to play games should not be used to play games! It is time for you to invest in a new PC or laptop and if you choose a laptop you need to understand every aspect of the investment before just buying something and hoping it works/lasts for a while. You cannot expect a game developer to simply hold back on creating the best game/s with the latest hardware/software simply because you made a bad choice a few years ago. Everything moves forward and unless you live in a galaxy far far away.... you would know a computer is like buying a car and it is already lost value/out of date the minute you have purchased it, so making sure to think ahead is important.

12 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

The time may have come, then, to find a way to upgrade your laptop (even though, according to my understanding, laptops have virtually no modularity in comparison to PCs).

And, laptops are designed with obsolescence in mind. I would recommend you consider requesting a custom-made, modular pseudo-laptop (PC you can carry on your back and set up anywhere, pretty much) or patenting a backpack/PC hybrid.

Yes the time has come for OP to upgrade to a new laptop/PC/console whatever, but to correct you in the fact that laptops have plenty of upgrade capabilities if you make the correct purchase/investment when buying one. No need for a "hybrid" if you have the knowledge before the first purchase. I expect my 2 year old laptop now to still be here in another 2-3yrs as I have room to still add to it where needed.

3 hours ago, UrielColtan said:

You can just make a more powerful PC for less instead of getting another fragile laptop. My built PC isn't even top quality and is rather inexpensive,  I can still run everything on highest settings.

Ooh! Care to share the build? I've been looking for a relatively cheap, powerful setup.