Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something Big is coming

(PSN)KwGeek77

8 minutes ago, Ironelle said:

As is apparent form my post, I was only speaking to the points raised regarding Kohm ammo efficiency.  If you want to compare the absolute effectiveness a full auto weapon against the firing mechanic of the Tigris, knock yourself out.  I for one find the attempt at such a comparison vain at best,

The point is, the kohm is already weaker and having to slot an ammo efficiency lowers its DEEPS even more, all while the TP is a beast. Power Creep is real.

15 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Actually, that would be a simile.

It's you. Do you even know that at full rev every single shot takes something like 12 ammo? I don't mean that "like a machine gun" it fires fast and so ammo is used up quickly. I mean it literally uses like 12 ammo for every shot. Imagine if the Soma P only had 200 ammo, and if you held the trigger down, it would use 12 of those 200 ammo for every bullet it fired.

At full spool the Kohm consumes 4 ammo per shot (just now tested in game), not 12.

With Nekros a Shotgun Scavenger / Vacuum / Ammo Case setup can keep up with the fire rate just fine, even with Shotgun Spazz, and will allow you to spray and pray across widely spread enemies slicing the corpses up nicely for desecration.

2 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

The point is, the kohm is already weaker and having to slot an ammo efficiency lowers its DEEPS even more, all while the TP is a beast. Power Creep is real.

7 hours ago, Ironelle said:

OT, but you can spray and pray with Kohm all day long at like 5 shots a second with out ammo transmutation on your weapon if you use carrier and his transmutation mod.  Not sure why anyone has ammo efficiency problems with Kohm anymore. 

My beef is that I miss the original flight physics as the spread pattern was wide but short with the right lob, allowing for more focused fire at full spread.

You do not have to give up a dmg slot on Kohm because Carrier can do it for you which is what I originally said.   You can slot dmg on all 8 slots on kohm as and still spray and pray all day.  I was seriously only to trying to offer a polite solution.  Anyways I hope it helps.

On 11/29/2016 at 8:32 PM, -1459.Voltage- said:

If DE locks gameplay with rivens, I will probably quit or burn down the forums. Rivens are a terrible excuse for content, and I don't understand the point of it if it only produces power creep mentality. Sure, you might get a gorgon mod, but you don't all of a sudden dump 5-6 forma into it and not use any other weapon. You might go "ooo that looks good", forma it out, play a few missions and just end up at good ol soma. 

Considering how riven mods actually play out right now and their exact impact I can say that your preposed doomsday theory isn't going to happen.  They are no where near on the level of primed mods or even some corrupt/event mods.  Sure you "could" get a really amazing rolled tonkor.  but it's not going to change anything.  riven mods seem to be the very definition of additional content.

As for the OP it's called power creep.  and DE will always add some new big baddy or annoying enemy every single time we get a bump in power.  That's their current way of handling power.  Though I shudder to think what else they could possibly do.  I thought nullies were the worst thing they've ever created.  Now we have enemies that literally can't be damaged unless you use transference on them first.  I don't know how things can get more BS than that.  But DE will find a way.  i'm sure of it.

14 hours ago, RistN said:

Or take away multishot and rework damage all together.It was mentioned before.

Yeah have fun with that when all the people who have Forma'd most of their arsenal are now sitting on a bunch of guns with one or more useless polarities and mad as hell about it.

ok, since everyone else is arguing about the Kohm, I'll try and stay on topic here. we were meant to be discussing how Riven Mods could be a sign that something big is coming.. or perhaps power creep, who knows. what I do believe is that there's two big things that will happen:

- the Sentients will return. we've all seen the concept art for the "heavy" sentient units (the ones with big arm cannons that we can apparently use too), and it was mentioned we would need particular Focus Abilities to make fighting them easier. plot wise, I don't think Hunhow's done yet. I doubt he died in Second Dream, and even if he did, who's to say that some other Sentients aren't going to want revenge? they will definitely come back, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

- Ballas will reveal himself: no, I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat, I genuinely believe Ballas is alive and in hiding somewhere, because dead guys don't get to narrate, and he's narrated several Prime Trailers (he would have likely been in Valkyr's trailer, if she had one). the revelation of a surviving Orokin Executor would change everything. personally I think he deserves to die (permanently) for what he did to Margulis, Silvana and Ordis. he's a villain through and through. that and "Update 20: The Last Orokin" has a really nice ring to it IMO.

On 11/30/2016 at 4:32 AM, -1459.Voltage- said:

If DE locks gameplay with rivens, I will probably quit or burn down the forums. Rivens are a terrible excuse for content, and I don't understand the point of it if it only produces power creep mentality. Sure, you might get a gorgon mod, but you don't all of a sudden dump 5-6 forma into it and not use any other weapon. You might go "ooo that looks good", forma it out, play a few missions and just end up at good ol soma. 

My 7 forma Gorgon and 9 forma Gorgon Wraith say hi.

Spoiler

c6f65b1c31.png

Edited by Shaonia

ahh i'm still waiting on the observatory to be in the options to be rebuilt after I demolished mine to make/expand my dojo for over 1 1/2 years now. I still have the email sent and answer received from back then sent in to support and one of the devs>>> still waiting.

2 hours ago, Ailissa said:

I hope they don't base gameplay around Rivens.

I have one for the Synoid and probably won't get any more so that would be me out. 

DE have already stated that they don't intend to balance content around riven mods.

Also, why do you double space all your posts?

14 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Also, why do you double space all your posts?

Structure, neatness and personal preference.

When finishing one paragraph and starting another you would leave a line between when writing an essay, same applies to typing. That and I don't like messy posts, it irks me. 

44 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

Structure, neatness and personal preference.

When finishing one paragraph and starting another you would leave a line between when writing an essay, same applies to typing. That and I don't like messy posts, it irks me. 

But the forum does that for you, automatically.

I don't know, maybe you have some unusual setup for reading the forum that doesn't show the default, automatic, double spacing for each paragraph.