Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help the noobs.

minuhd

Question

Hello everyone. I am asking for the help of the forum, since no one seems to see my requests in the chat in game. As the title suggests, I want to know how to get better at warframe because I got yelled at by someone in a mission. I also hope that this topic will be of help to the other beginners as well. 
I am currently Rank 3, With Loki 30. I have an Mk1-Braton 30, Furis 30, Scana and Mire 30 as well. I started to farm an Mk1-Paris and Mk1-Bo. I want to know how does everyone run so much faster than me in every mission? I got yelled at in another mission because I was dying a lot and I "shouldn't have because I am Loki." How do I play Loki so I can be "that good?" I was in an Excavate mission on Mars (Augustus). Can anyone help me with any of this information? 

15 answers to this question

My power supply arrives tonight and I'll be able to turn on my computer, send me a friend request and I can give you some tips while we run a mission.

I use voice chat, so if that doesn't work please let me know.

But it honestly sounds like you ran into some meta snobs.  I wouldn't out too much stock in what they have to say.

Edited by Noamuth

First of all, welcome to Warframe.

Second, everyone else will be faster than you for a good while - they have maxed out mods to improve their sprint speed, AND they know every single piece of every map by heart from being there a thousand times before.

Never underestimate the speed boost you get from experience!

Now, if they are THAT much faster; are you using Shift to start actually running, or are you just moving around at a pleasant jog?

well loki can be played two ways one is maxing your power duration so your invisibility can last longer or two max your power range as high as it can go get your power efficiency as low as it can go to maximize your radial disarm, personally id recommend disarm as it is a much more team oriented build where as invisibility is keyed towards spy / stealth. also learning to effectively use your bullet jump (slide + jump) will let you  speed through rooms and areas super quick

Edited by MajesticPinecone

the reason your dying loki is a stealth role, so you kinda need to be stealthed a lot or you will die / do your disarm but since your new you won't have the mods. Sadly this is the reason why he got removed from starter warframes because he needs the most mods to be good, and new players don't have these mods.

Speed the issue might be the shift thing as people have said or just your using time picking up stuff and the others don't - this is my problem even as a older player :P - your a new player so picking up things is your goal, were as older players just want to do it as fast as possible, so the issue isn't with you as such, and loki is one of the faster warframes maybe your lagging? 

Edited by Icarican_Justicar

Practice really, get used to the movement and map your controls to make advanced maneuvers easier. Spend time observing more experienced players if they aren't willing to be directly helpful or answer questions if you aren't certain what needs to be done.

The biggest part about getting better at the game is simply putting the time in to learn all the different things that are in it; what different damage types do and how they affect different enemies, which mods to work to acquire in order to develop your weapons and warframes for specific roll or play-styles.

One big part for me was learning all the different tiles or 'rooms' and where the potential entrances/exits are located to be able to navigate through them quickly and avoid getting lost. The mini-map functions only as a map in that it shows you the layout of the level, for waypoints and beacons it's little more than a compass.

Above all, take your time. There is little in this game that you can acquire quickly without actually spending money. Too many players, even older veterans, complain about how long it takes for them to acquire items that they want. Give yourself a couple long-term projects to work on and switch between them if your efforts in one don't seem to be working out at the moment.

There's plenty more advice and information I can share, but I'd be up all week typing it in. Anybody here will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and if you see any of us in game, send us a message - we may be available to help with something!

1 minute ago, Askell91 said:

Bullet jump? do you know how to use it?

I've been told something about it.. I've been told to use Ctrl+ Looking up+Space or Double Space when I can't jump with normal Space or Double Space.Other than that, nothing..

2 minutes ago, Icarican_Justicar said:

the reason your dying loki is a stealth role, so you kinda need to be stealthed a lot or you will die / do your disarm but since your new you won't have the mods. Sadly this is the reason why he got removed from starter warframes because he needs the most mods to be good, and new players don't have these mods.

Speed the issue might be the shift thing as people have said or just your using time picking up stuff and the others don't - this is my problem even as a older player :P - your a new player so picking up things is your goal, were as older players just want to do it as fast as possible, so the issue isn't with you as such, and loki is one of the faster warframes maybe your lagging? 

I have the account since way before. Since warframe started actually. And when Loki was free. That's why I have him. And I don't have any other warframe...Sadly.. I am trying to  get one. But it's really hard since I am new and I don't have planets unlocked.

6 minutes ago, minuhd said:

I have the account since way before. Since warframe started actually. And when Loki was free. That's why I have him. And I don't have any other warframe...Sadly.. I am trying to  get one. But it's really hard since I am new and I don't have planets unlocked.

Yeah, that was the point I was making hes been removed from starter now because of the issues your having dying only advise I can give is get another warframe then you can practice moving, I can understand being slower also because your killing things so you don't die? since you've said you roll / sprint but if you have a problem with bullet jumping it could be that your going the long way around instant of bullet jumping the easier route. All I can say is try the advanced moving guides and tests they have in game to help you.

Edited by Icarican_Justicar

19 minutes ago, minuhd said:

I've been told something about it.. I've been told to use Ctrl+ Looking up+Space or Double Space when I can't jump with normal Space or Double Space.Other than that, nothing..

Ctrl Jumping and Bullet Jump/Time are esential in moving fast. 

Ctrl Jumping as I like to name it, is jumping while crouched or while sliding. It provides amazing mobility and speed even without speed mods while sprinting, you just need to learn the maps a bit and how to control the landing to get the max efficiency out of it. The best way to reach long distances without Bullet Jump/Time, is to do the following Combo : Ctrl + Jump + Jump + Roll.  Look where you think you should reach when trying to reach high places, and to do this [without roll]. 

Bullet Jump is when you are holding Right Click while in air, it can be used to help you aim better mid-air since it slows you down, or it can be used to travers long distances. You need to use Ctrl Jumping and then hold RMB until you reach your destination. Bullet Jump has a set duration without mods, you won't be able to stay in it indefinitely. 

As for Loki, since he is a squishy , stealth oriented frame, he needs to stay invisible most of the time. You achieve this by building good Duration and efficiency, since you are still new, Streamline and Continuity should do the trick, especially if you get your hands on an Energy Syphon Aura.  Also, he gets bonus damage while invisible. 

Don't forget to use his 4 to disarm the enemies if you are overwhelmed, the'll drop their weapons and switch to melee mode. Without efficiency mods it's hard to make a build for his Radial Disarm, It would need a Fleeting Expertise Mod to allow you to use it frequently enough especially if you don't have means of generating energy.

Edited by aligatorno

19 hours ago, minuhd said:

hit the jump button while you're crouching or sliding. bullet jumping is the fastest way to move in the game, and is even faster when combined with other parkour moves. you can bullet jump using your double jump by jumping into the air and sliding midair, then hitting the jump button. if you're not double jumping, try performing short slides for speed boosts

21 hours ago, aligatorno said:

Ctrl Jumping and Bullet Jump/Time are esential in moving fast. 

Ctrl Jumping as I like to name it, is jumping while crouched or while sliding. It provides amazing mobility and speed even without speed mods while sprinting, you just need to learn the maps a bit and how to control the landing to get the max efficiency out of it. The best way to reach long distances without Bullet Jump/Time, is to do the following Combo : Ctrl + Jump + Jump + Roll.  Look where you think you should reach when trying to reach high places, and to do this [without roll]. 

Bullet Jump is when you are holding Right Click while in air, it can be used to help you aim better mid-air since it slows you down, or it can be used to travers long distances. You need to use Ctrl Jumping and then hold RMB until you reach your destination. Bullet Jump has a set duration without mods, you won't be able to stay in it indefinitely. 

As for Loki, since he is a squishy , stealth oriented frame, he needs to stay invisible most of the time. You achieve this by building good Duration and efficiency, since you are still new, Streamline and Continuity should do the trick, especially if you get your hands on an Energy Syphon Aura.  Also, he gets bonus damage while invisible. 

Don't forget to use his 4 to disarm the enemies if you are overwhelmed, the'll drop their weapons and switch to melee mode. Without efficiency mods it's hard to make a build for his Radial Disarm, It would need a Fleeting Expertise Mod to allow you to use it frequently enough especially if you don't have means of generating energy.

Ctrl+space is bullet jump.  right click midair is aim glide.

as for Loki, you will be VERY squishy as a new player.  Loki needs mods to become "unkillable."

Streamline and Fleeting Expertise: Reduce the cost of invisibility so you can afford to keep using it.

(primed) Continuity and Narrow Minded (and Constitution) to make invisibility last longer

(primed) Flow and Quick Thinking to make you a lot less squishy when you DO take damage (give you a TON of max energy and let you use energy as health)

Energy Siphon:  Good aura until you can eventually replace it with focus powers.  Should sustain a solid duration/efficiency Loki indefinitely as it refills the cost of an invisibility in less time than the duration when properly modded.

How to move fast has been said above.  Ctrl+space, shift+space (possibly followed by right click + ctrl).  Don't do the shift+space if you need to turn soon, since that flings you far in a straight line.

For ground movement Loki, Nezha, and some other fast frames (and anyone boosted by Volt's speed) can get away with slide sprinting.  Basically just sprint but quickly tap ctrl every 1 second or so.

Edited by Callback