The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming Giveaway

[DE]Taylor

1 minute ago, elpeleq42 said:

It's a LIE.

Many people here import from USA things like PS4 and Xbox(mainly when they were launched, and the price here was R$4000).It's not a excuse

It's very, very simple.

If a company's lawyers can't certify that the giveaway will be legal in a given country - whether because they know it's incompatible with local laws, or because they don't have the resources to check said laws - it gets marked down as a "no". End of story.

Consumers may not much care about the consequences of not following the law (as you've cited anecdotally), but DE does.

2 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

Many people here import from USA things like PS4 and Xbox(mainly when they were launched, and the price here was R$4000).It's not a excuse

You live there, look up your own country's laws and regulations regarding free giveaways, prizes and sweepstakes in your country.  There is not even a bad reason why DE would spin a globe, stop it at random and exclude the results.

They cannot offer what they are not allowed to offer in places that refuse to accept what they are offering. 

Also,

11 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

people from developing countries like Russia

Russia is a nuclear power, I'd say they are pretty darned developed.

Out of curiosity, is the entrants' platform used to determine which of the 3 rigs they would get if they were chosen as one of the top 9 winners? A PC loser Tenno getting a new PC rig sounds excellent, as does a PS4 winner getting that new TV. But to cross the prizes over wouldn't be so hot - couldn't even play your current WF account on your new prize for starters!

Just curious because i can't find any reason to why Australia has been left out. We don't have anything in place that i can find that should stop this giveway.

Only thing I could find that may somehow impact it?.

Just from my state alone in Australia.

Western Australia - Online Competition Permit Requirements

Permits are not required to run an online competition in Western Australia as long as entry is free for the contestant.
Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

19 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

It's a LIE.

Its probably a law tenno. I can import stuff from the rest of canada but here in my province there is a law that does not allow Companies to do contest in english only or if they are not entirely translated in the main language of our province.

Do you have some kind of law similar to this ?

Edited by trunks013

THIS falls under the stupid 'lottery laws' of Belgium ???? what the hell? I see give-aways all the time but somehow this falls under those laws... sigh, GL all those who did have a chance. Damn you Belgium.

EDIT: to fall under those laws there has to be: 1) stakes 2) profit/loss 3) element of chance

seeing as there are no stakes i fail to see how this even makes any sense aaargh frustration

Edited by TheHoodedSkull
adding information

1 hour ago, lightdragon64 said:

it has to do with the various laws regarding sweepstakes in your country (even applies to some states) places that are too strict about what goods can be given away in  sweepstakes simply can't be added do to the laws in place.

Portugal has no restrictions....but we get nothing anyways

1 hour ago, trunks013 said:

Its probably a law tenno. I can import stuff from the rest of canada but here in my province there is a law that does not allow Companies to do contest in english only or if they are not entirely translated in the main language of our province.

Do you have some kind of law similar to this ?

I've participated in sooooooo many giveaways of BIG companies, giving away PS4s, PCs, TVs and none of them had any problems with the law here in Portugal.....but now someone does. And in Portugal there is only one restriction in terms of giveaways: it can't be a giveaway of money, only of objects. We have no restrictions other than that, but we get nothing with this giveaway.

Could you explain that? (Not retorical or sarcastic question, I really want to know)

24 minutes ago, AbsoluteWar said:

I've participated in sooooooo many giveaways of BIG companies, giving away PS4s, PCs, TVs and none of them had any problems with the law here in Portugal.....but now someone does. And in Portugal there is only one restriction in terms of giveaways: it can't be a giveaway of money, only of objects. We have no restrictions other than that, but we get nothing with this giveaway.

Could you explain that? (Not retorical or sarcastic question, I really want to know)

Laws about import/export

Laws about giveaway. 

There is a bunch of those things.

I'm not from protugal so i cannot speak on your behalf but i know that in my province there is a law restricting those things ( for a reason i dont agree with btw)

I found this : http://www.giftbasketsoverseas.com/Customs-International-Shipping-to-Portugal.htm its a bout customs regulations.

The big companies you are talking about do they have an office in your country ? If yeah they can easely bypass the system by importing in by the local part of the company and from there just ship it local to you and even there they might already have the right to ship easely in your country if they are established there.

I had something from nintendo when i was a kid they send it to me via an official nintendo dispatch point in my country and they totaly bybass the language restriction of my country and send me stuff only labeled in english and evrything was fine.

The only thing i know is its not DE fault but more an law/political ISH kinda thing

here is the official point of DE

WHY IS MY STATE/PROVINCE/COUNTRY RESTRICTED FROM ENTRY?

We’d love to give everyone a chance to win one of our great prizes.. There are different competition rules per country/state/province that ultimately determined the final list of eligible locations.

And i got intel from [DE]Taylor saying thats it apply to everything including digital stuff.

Believe me i'm sad about this. I can literaly go and fetch my prize with my car in one day(and be at my house for diner) if i won but i'm not elligible either. 

PS: Oh and i do not even need to cross a border to get there.

Edited by trunks013

5 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Laws about import/export

Laws about giveaway. 

There is a bunch of those things.

I'm not from protugal so i cannot speak on your behalf but i know that in my province there is a law restricting those things ( for a reason i dont agree with btw)

I found this : http://www.giftbasketsoverseas.com/Customs-International-Shipping-to-Portugal.htm its a bout customs regulations.

The big companies you are talking about do they have an office in your country ? If yeah they can easely bypass the system by importing in by the local part of the company and from there just ship it local to you and even there they might already have the right to ship easely in your country if they are established there.

I had something from nintendo when i was a kid they send it to me via an official nintendo dispatch point in my country and they totaly bybass the language restriction of my country and send me stuff only labeled in english and evrything was fine.

The only thing i know is its not DE fault but more an law/political ISH kinda thing

here is the official point of DE

Reveal hidden contents

WHY IS MY STATE/PROVINCE/COUNTRY RESTRICTED FROM ENTRY?

We’d love to give everyone a chance to win one of our great prizes.. There are different competition rules per country/state/province that ultimately determined the final list of eligible locations.

And i got intel from [DE]Taylor saying thats it apply to everything including digital stuff.

Believe me i'm sad about this. I can literaly go and fetch my prize with my car in one day(and be at my house for diner) if i won but i'm not elligible either. 

PS: Oh and i do not even need to cross a border to get there.

That clears up a lot of things! Tho I still think that none of these companies have an office in Portugal. I believe the problem is that we have a 35% import fee and they might not want to pay it...tho they have more that enough money for it not to bother them.