Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Savior Decoy - New augment mod for Loki

----Fenrir----

1f5rmjA.jpg

Is it just me or is this mod nearly as useless as it gets? I mean how is this even gonna work? I mean the idea of Loki swapping places with the decoy when taking what would otherwise be lethal damage sounds good. Yet it seems the people who came up with it do not play this game at all. Because how are you supposed to keep his decoy alive? It is so fragile that level 20 enemies can kill it in one or two hits. So as a safety net it's basically useless because you can not count on the decoy to survive for more than 5 seconds unaided.

For this mod to be useful it would need to add a way for the decoy to actually stay alive. Turning the decoy invisible for example would work. An invisible decoy could be placed in some corner or whatever and actually work as a safety net for Loki against getting killed in one hit. In it's current form on the other hand it is not even remotely worth a mod slot.

3 minutes ago, Imaru said:

This augment turns decoy into a panic button. It allows you to deploy it when you're in a bad situation just before you die. The idea of it isn't to have the decoy active at all times. 

A panic button? Isn't that what invisibility is for? Do you play Loki? Because from my experience in +90% of cases when Loki actually goes down it is by either running into AoE effects or by getting hit by crossfire. And those come unexpected with no chance to react because Loki usually goes down in one hit.

This augment mod is useless period.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

Invisible Decoy

Talk about an oxymoron...

Why not just take away the whole health thing as it is? Make it a simple projection instead of some hardlight structure? Either way, there are other much more useless mods as far as I'm concerned. This one is still useful for those who choose to use it.

Just now, ----Fenrir---- said:

A panic button? Isn't that what invisibility is for? Do you play Loki? Because from my experience in +90% of cases when Loki actually goes down it is by either running into AoE effects or by getting hit by crossfire. And those come unexpected with no chance to react because Loki usually goes down in one hit.

This augment mod is useless period.

If its so useless don't use it. Have you even tried it out yet, or are you just basing this off of the"fact" that Decoy is a useless ability beyond a target to Switch Teleport?

And the issue with using Invisiblility as a panic button is that enemies still shoot at where you last were. If you are getting stunlocked and can't get out of the area you can still easily get downed by enemy fire, aimed at you or not.

8 minutes ago, Imaru said:

This augment turns decoy into a panic button. It allows you to deploy it when you're in a bad situation just before you die. The idea of it isn't to have the decoy active at all times. 

Honestly it makes Loki immortal. You just have to place the decoy at a save place each 60 seconds and cant die anymore. lol

14 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

For this mod to be useful it would need to add a way for the decoy to actually stay alive. Turning the decoy invisible for example would work. An invisible decoy could be placed in some corner or whatever and actually work as a safety net for Loki against getting killed in one hit. In it's current form on the other hand it is not even remotely worth a mod slot.

Bruh that makes literally zero sense whatsoever.

Seems like all that would be required is a change in ability usage. Instead of using Decoy has an aggro lure, you'd put it somewhere that generally isn't reached by the enemy before entering a firefight. Sort of like a reset button that teleports you back to the start.

Obviously this means it can't really be used the same as it is elsewhere, such as endless defense. Functionality of base Decoy doesn't change, but it gives you an alternative usage entirely.

The only real question is what will we come to find bypasses that safety and kills us anyway (AoE, proc, debuffs, etc).

Normally, a decoy is placed where it is noticeable but somewhat protected, so that enemies will attack it, but not immediately kill it and go back to trying to kill you. Defensive use of Molt works much the same way unless you're just trying to shed a status effect or heal.

What this Augment does, however, means that a Loki player can now set a decoy in a location that is entirely protected, or entirely hidden from enemy view, like one of the many areas in the Void that are only accessible via parkour, for example. When they should be downed, they instead go back to whatever closet they stashed the decoy in, and are then in a safe place to heal up and reactivate invisibility.

Edited by Dreddeth
Typographical error.

2 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Normally, a decoy is placed where it is noticeable but somewhat protected, so that enemies will attack it but not immediately kill it and go back to trying to kill you. Defensive use of Molt works much the same way unless you're just trying to shed a status effect or heal.

What this Augment does, however, means that a Loki player can now set a decoy in a location that is entirely protected, or entirely hidden from enemy view, like one of the many areas in the Void that are only accessible via parkour, for example. When they should be downed, they instead go back to whatever closet they stashed the decoy in, and are then in a safe place to heal up and reactivate invisibility.

This right here.

Sounds pretty useless (at least in PvE) to me. 

Won't work all that well on Radial/Irradiating Disarm builds with Fleeting Expertise, and what's the point of it when you're running max duration Stealth Loki? Stash it in air vents every 60 seconds? Only so many mod slots are available, after all, this aug just doesn't seem useful enough to be worth one. I'd rather trust Quick Thinking (especially given Loki's pretty high energy reserve) to save my hide from time to time than this junk. 

Maybe has a potential use in conclave, tho. 

Edited by Reifnir