Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which melee would work best with Valkyr?

KisaPrime

Question

I know the weapon doesn't matter and only the mods do when it comes to her 4th skill. Though since I tend to not stay in her 4th skill much unless I'm about to die or there are too many enemies. I would want a melee that wasn't crap but had all the mods she needed for her 4th skill. Since I got Valkyr I've been using the Prisma Dual Cleavers as my main melee weapon with her. Though after seeing some people using the Scindo Prime with her it makes me wonder if that might be a better choice. If anyone else knows of a better weapon to pair with Valkyr, I'm all ears for it. 

Valkyr, with a well-built Warcry + Eternal War, can make a lot of melee weapons fun.

If you're looking purely for high-end stuff - Galatine Prime does great, so does Orthos Prime.

But, I've been able to do great magic with stuff like Jat-Kittag, Nikana Prime, War, Broken War, Heliocor as well; just few examples of many. A lot of it comes down to personal preference; as when one may enjoy one stance of a weapon, other person may find it tedious, annoying or unlikeable. Ie. a lot of people use Atterax; I just flat out don't like the style, despite of its' undeniable qualities.

Generally, if you're not into Hysteria spam, you should look at weapons that will benefit the most from the attack speed buffs. Some of the ones i like to run with her on my main build, which has some $&*&*#(%& Power Strenght values (iirc 260 something, can't check at the moment) are:

• Galatine Prime (my main, it's just too funny being a whirlwind of death)
  • Jat Kittag
  • Fragor Prime
  • Lacera
  • Secura Lecta

All weapons with decent-ish attack speed that can go completely nuts when combined with Warcry. Also, with the amount of PS i have on, i usually also slot (and sustain) Berserker on the Lacera despite the 2.5% crit chance with the sheer amount of hits i'm landing - and it gets better. Pure status weapons also benefit, particularly since a lot of those aren't exactly lightning fast and thus can really use the added help(IE: Lacera, Caustacyst).

Most crit weapons work wonderfully due to Berserker, which is a multiplier that scales off base attack speed PLUS Warcry's bonus so it gets ridiculous pretty fast.

A caveat though: there is such a thing as too fast. I would never go and put something like Zorens/Ichors on her, the attack speed would exceed safety levels and make you a stationary target waiting for death.

Depends on play style.

For pure output of DPS current top 10 are:

Telos Buttface

Dual Kama Primes

Prisma Dual Cleavers

Kronen

Atterax 

Secura Lecta

Scoliac

Boltace

Galatine P

War

Although this is subjective opinion, I can provide numbers to back up my reasoning.

Edited by SenariousNex

18 hours ago, -Voltage- said:

secura lecta. You need maiming strike and healing return for it to be your favorite credit killing machine.

Yes, just use an unobtainable mod.  So simple.

Just like putting primed chamber on your vectis.

Edited by Callback

4 hours ago, Callback said:

Yes, just use an unobtainable mod.  So simple.

Just like putting primed chamber on your vectis.

not even close, maiming strike already came back once and will in the future. Primed Chamber is such a sad excuse for artificial rarity and arguable extra plat sales, plus Primed Chamber SUCKS. Maiming Strike is a very good mod that brings alot to the table for some melees.

13 hours ago, -Voltage- said:

not even close, maiming strike already came back once and will in the future. Primed Chamber is such a sad excuse for artificial rarity and arguable extra plat sales, plus Primed Chamber SUCKS. Maiming Strike is a very good mod that brings alot to the table for some melees.

For the moment there's no difference.  Unobtainable is unobtainable.  Doesn't mater how likely it is to stop being that way, right now there is NO way to get it.