The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please nerf Mirage + Simulor?

(XBOX)Oussii

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

Even orbs from different players merge, that's what they're intended to do. I don't get why people think making Mirage's clones act differently would be so easy or the best thing to do.

I do sometimes wish they didn't merge with other's orbs, especially when another Simulor user creates a singularity in a stupid location and it drags my orbs to it and I can't even detonate it to create a new one.

Yeah I know it'd be a hard thing to do but that's the easiest way I can think of without flat out destroying Mirage and/or the Simulor.

And the orbs do merge from other players? Huh, I never knew that.

Just now, (XB1)Oussii said:

when you agree to accept a random to join your squad then you have to accept his play style

Or simply put yr game on Invite only or friends (as i do).

Once you open it for public, then you have to expect and accept all kind of players

Reasonable statement.

I am always like "I hope for the best but prepare for the worst" when I play pugs.

I admittedly still get frustrated when I meet "intentional griefers" but I am always free to leave the session. :D

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Players have the right to be lazy or not

old Blade Storm was a lazy option. Watch it now.

You play your style, they play theirs.

And they inconvenience everyone else in the squad. It's not fun when a mission where you are supposed to fight becomes "run around staring at corpses and singularities and doing nothing".

In case you come across a lazy player, either leave or ask him to leave

Or ask DE for a kick button so we can kick the Miramulor the very second it rears it's fancy head, or get Rad proc and oneshot then leave to die, then repeat, until it stops moving for good.

Just now, NyxCrab said:

Yeah I know it'd be a hard thing to do but that's the easiest way I can think of without flat out destroying Mirage and/or the Simulor.

And the orbs do merge from other players? Huh, I never knew that.

Just now, secret9005 said:

As far as I know, they don't.

Nope, they don't. Only mirage's clones merge with hers because they are counted as her projectiles.

Just now, Nazrethim said:

Nope, they don't. Only mirage's clones merge with hers because they are counted as her projectiles.

Ah okay then. I've used the Simulor before and never saw it merging with other players but I also didn't care enough to test it more than a few missions.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

- You love to play solo? good. then how come random players join you? (weird) .. have you ever hear or noticed the solo  or invite or friends button?

- that's explain why you are asking for a nerf,, no wonder   NYX  lol

- I guess i am old enough to be your grand father Kiddo :)

I know all about the solo and invite button, but I shouldn't have to use them just to enjoy the game. 

Do tell me what your problem with Nyx is. I could use the laugh.

People are actually denying that Mirage+SSimulor is a problem...

Like how blind can you be to actually believe that, Its not even about playstyle, just her existance in a defense mission means you should just not do anything, even if you try to kill enemies a mirage+Simulor will destroy them for a fraction of the effort that you need.

The "If you dont like it then you should get out" argument.... Which ends up with nothing being fixed because everyone doesn't like something which results in all of us leaving.

If you dont like the suggestion that Mirage+Simulor should be nerfed then you should quit the forums... 10/10 best argument.

Edited by Midrib

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

Ah, must just be mine then, because my orbs have definitely been pulled towards another's singularity and not where I aimed them.

Well, singularities aren't precisely customizable, so if your friend had an energy color remotedly similar to yours you may have confused your own singularities with theirs. It happens.

1 minute ago, DaftMeat said:

And then we'd just have to nerf the next META FOTM.

It's a vicious cycle.

It's not really FOTM. This has been around since the Simulor was introduced, and this kind of threads have poped up ever since, you can even see 3 clear groups in thse threads:

-People who use and abuse that meta and will defend it to their last breath.

-The "Nerf it" crowd which calls for huge nerfs without really thinking about possible ramifications

-People who call for a nerf in some specific aspect, attacking the root of the problem with logical and valid arguments and proposing sensible and reasonable solutions.

Edited by Nazrethim

4 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Like how blind can you be to actually believe that, Its not even about playstyle, just her existance in a defense mission means you should just not do anything, even if you try to kill enemies a mirage+Simulor will destroy them for a fraction of the effort that you need.

The "If you dont like it then you should get out" argument.... Which ends up with nothing being fixed because everyone doesn't like something which results in all of us leaving.

If you dont like the suggestion that Mirage+Simulor should be nerfed then you should quit the forums... 10/10 best argument.

So is Equinox, Ember, Banshee, Saryn and basically any AoE DPS since most of them can kill starchart level enemies (which 75% of the game is composed of).

Anyways, I should refrain from joining this thread.

Could you please stop asking for nerfs? if you dont like to get a mirage in squad in defense then make a team with friends before going in mission, only because you don't  like something it doesn't  mean it has to be nerfed.

Edited by xXduncanXx

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

I am sick of getting into missions with Mirage that just spam the Simulor. It sucks every bit of fun that the game can provide. Especially if its a defense mission where there is very little room to do much. I have no choice but to stand around and basically do nothing as the Mirage lazily shoots the Simulor and kills everything. Especially if you are using a Warframe like Inaros, Saryn or Atlas which requires alot of moving around and your enemies staying alive for you to be able to perform your abilities. 

I am all for making the most of your Warframe and what it can do, but this interupts OTHER peoples enjoyment of the game. 

Its just like Mesa before she was nerfed. 

I frequently bring Mirage to sorties with randoms and no one has ever complained when I deal damage and make the sortie easier and faster for the team.  If they did, I would tell them what I'm telling you: don't bring slow or ineffective stuff to high level content and expect everyone to wait around for you to get your kills.

7 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

So is Equinox, Ember, Banshee, Saryn and basically any AoE DPS since most of them can kill starchart level enemies (which 75% of the game is composed of).

Anyways, I should refrain from joining this thread.

Equinox requires you to build up maim, Ember doesn't get past level 40, banshee has stupid high energy cost and is stationary but its probably the only example I agree with you on, and saryn which requires 100 times the brain power that is required to operate a mirage simulor.

1 out of the 4 examples you gave is somewhat valid, and mirage+simulor can easily kill even enemies that are level 100+.

You are welcome to join this thread but valid responses would be appreciated.

16 minutes ago, Midrib said:

using that logic if you don't like the suggestion of not joining a pub or leaving on that bothers you you should quit warfame. 10/10 best argument.

there are plenty of other frames or combos that melt the room leaving you standing around. you should be complaining about those too.

4 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Equinox requires you to build up maim, Ember doesn't get past level 40, banshee has stupid high energy cost and is stationary but its probably the only example I agree with you on, and saryn which requires 100 times the brain power that is required to operate a mirage simulor.

1 out of the 4 examples you gave is somewhat valid, and mirage+simulor can easily kill even enemies that are level 100+.

You are welcome to join this thread but valid responses would be appreciated.

IIRC, Ember can easily get past level 40 with an Accelerant-build.

Plus, her C.C with Firequake seems to work well even at high levels.

Correct me if I am wrong. :D

Edited by NativeKiller

It's never reasonable to ask for the whole player base to be affected when you don't like something personally.  It would be easier for you to just not group with players using strategies you don't like.  Will you call for a World on Fire Nerf next?  It's pretty much the same feeling playing with a geared Ember.

Solo players would be adversely affected by a blanket nerf like the one you are calling for.  It's the only easy farming they have.

Edited by Zepp_

Synoid Simulor should have its ammo pool reduced to 35.

Keep it strong, but force people to make their shots count and at least aim in the GENERAL DIRECTION of the enemy.

Most Simulor users don't even bother with checking if there's any enemies around, they just run through the mission firing non-stop.