Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvP Game Mode

--DSP--HarryPhoebus

There are more people who gets bored after playing all quests and grinding . But we want more challenging. Like we want to test our skill more . The pvp game mode in Warframe is still mostly disliked by most ppl. Also the normal annihilation mode and team modes are still unbalanced. And also as well as lunaro need more fixes because the of the host advantage. The only balanced mode is variant annihilation. So we need challenging pvp game modes or fixes. 

4 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Dark Sector battles were the only popular PvP mode because of the benefits they were offering.

Maybe if DE allowed PvP mods in PvE and added maybe a tradable Conclave Weapon (like Teshin's fancy dual nikanas) would do the trick.

As much as they've tried to shoehorn in PvP, it's never really felt like it fits as part of Warframe. Like, sparring 1v1 is one thing, honorable duels and such, but actual PvP just doesn't feel right. 

Content that is directly Player vs Player shouldn't be about fighting each other, but rather about competing or out-performing. I have long advocated having randomised, split-lane parkour courses where Tenno may go to compete in a race of speed and reflexes. Or, having special timed spy vaults where two players or two small teams have to break into identical vaults as quickly and stealthily as possible. 

I feel that Conclave is a massive drain on dev resources, because Warframes and their Weapons simply weren't designed to be matched up against each other. DE spends ages tweaking weapons and warframe abilities individually just so it's more balanced and fair combat, but they could spend that time instead adding ability variants, improvements/expansions to the Focus system etc.

6 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

Content that is directly Player vs Player shouldn't be about fighting each other, but rather about competing or out-performing. I have long advocated having randomised, split-lane parkour courses where Tenno may go to compete in a race of speed and reflexes. Or, having special timed spy vaults where two players or two small teams have to break into identical vaults as quickly and stealthily as possible. 

++++++++plusplusplus1111111oneoneoneoneoneoneleven!

That actually sounds like a lot of fun!  No need to bother with balancing powers this way and one can practice solo as well instead of being pitted against vets who destroy you in seconds.

Tbh I think DE should simply shift the focus in pvp from the arena-styled free-for-all or team vs team to a bigger scale, which gives more room for people.
I've had this one thought of a Battle-Royale system where you would just use like the larger levels of the void (also a good way to bring those back).

You would simply start every player (like 10 players) in a different room and spawn simultaneously, spawning with say a vasto.
You would get weapons by finding resources in cases and lockers and then find 'mini-forge' rooms throughout the map where you can craft them.

The crafting time of course being like 30 seconds and the resources being far lower than needed for their PvE counterpart.

The weapons would however not be strictly better depending on what resources you find but simply different (burst-fire/bow/melee/sniper/etc.)
This way every player would take the weapon of their style as soon as possible and remain the last one standing.

Health and energy drops would of course be scattered across the map evenly, so that you may recover from previous duels.
The map is randomly generated as is in PvE so that people wouldn't have an advantage before the game even starts by knowing the drops.

Rewards being generated by your rank when you got eliminated.

I think a lot of people would be into this and might attract a lot of new players to the game.