Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros = weaker than other warframes

Hale123

I noticed how strong the abilities are of most warframes, that is, except my personal favorite- Nekros. 
Every character either has a very strong "ultimate" or a very strong ability for killing, Nekros doesn't have this. Nekros' "terrify" barely works on enemies, his first ability only stuns and barely hurts anything (even though it's description is that the ability causes an enemy to become a projectile- it doesn't). so yes, i'm kind of sad that Nekros has weaker abilities than every other warframe. Even Rhino is better because he has his "iron skin". Frost is over powered and so I ask of you:the warframe creators, to make Nekros a bit better. Don't even change his abilities but make it so that he can match up to the other warframes. At least increase his first ability's damage or something

Edited by Hale123
forgot to identify my game system

Nekros is extremely powerful and tanky if built right.  Run him with Despoil, Equilibrium, and Shield of Shadows.  Try and keep your power strength up and don't worry so much about range imo.

edit: this build works really well for me:

V_Q2ZHfGu_bWUUUpp2E4sW48QJdYCzu4zyDkH85Q

With this build, you're very tanky because of the shadows taking damage for you and distracting enemies (with 7 shadows and my power strength, I have 95% damage reduction iirc).  Also, you never run out of power because of the synergy between Despoil and Equilibrium.

Edited by Tizodd
phone posting + half asleep = bad combo

4 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

A Warframe doesn't need mass death abilities to be good.

Agree

I don't see the issue with Terrify as it's a very strong defense power. The soul punch isn't very good but most frames have a black sheep power. The tankiness and resourse boost nekros can provide are some of the best. With the recent protection shadows got from nulls, Nekros is one of the most viable and team-freindly/defending tank vs corpus which are usaully the most annoying faction to tank against.

My guess is OP is having issues with making good use of him as you try to play him like a damaging character when he's more suited for area control and defense.

Edited by Major_Phantom

you should also consider his abilities in other fields, power =/= Killing. Have you ever considered how powerful his desecrate is? It does not kill anyone but it provides powerful utility such as energy, hp, loot, oxygen. Then think about his terrify... is it useless? From my experience terrify is amazing, i saved mine and whole team hides coutles times with it and protected defense objectives, has a great CC. Shadows of the dead might not have some amazing damage but it prowides you with protection, redirects enemy attention and some damage. Is that weak? I think not.

But his 1st ability would need a buff or rework as it usually does nothing.

Edited by rytisrytis

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nekros_Prime/t_30_3441023030_2-1-10-13-6-3-34-8-5-54-0-10-411-5-10-458-3-3-527-7-3-615-9-5-726-4-5-727-2-5_54-7-2-6-727-8-458-5-726-15-411-8-13-7-527-9-34-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-49/106540/0

just read description.

Use it with namaron focus and melle weapon like Secura Lecta/Atterax/Lesion/Orthos Prime/Dual Kamas Prime/Galatine Prime/etc. and spin2win.

Shadows are great decoys and can do pretty nice dmg,

Terrify is good when you have to revive someone.

Desecrate... well, you know.

Only 1st skill need rework. Like after kill enemy, his soul became one more shadow to your little army of the dead.

Nekros weak?

Terreify sending enemies away and reducing their armor making them easier to kill..

Desecrate to generate Health Orbs that can be used to power Health Conversion for additional armor and Equilibrium for endless Energy...

Shadows of the Death that can be used with Shield of Shadows to get 90% life link...

Nekros is one of the strongest Frames available due to his extreme level of survivability.

9 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

With the recent protection shadows got from nulls

Did i miss something? Shadows still die on bubble contact unless i oversaw something.

Nekros is a crowd control, battlefield shaping frame. he's the commander that directs his troops to archive victory rather then "ME ATLAS! ME SMASH!" his prime shows this direction of design by keeping his armor and health the same but instead greatly increasing his base shield and energy values, as well as making his shadows appear more zombie like unlike regular shadows. 

soul punch with its augment becomes a instant party favorite if you have squishy newbies, you can instantly revive people from a distance. it doesn't turn enemies into projectiles, a projectile is generated when the enemy is ragdolled and projected outward that does 50 impact damage, and knocks the victim over. it's a utility power since it  is one handed and can be used to get rid of annoying would be attackers in the middle of reloads. 

Creeping terrify with high strength affects up to 59 enemies at max and does the same amount of armor reduction which greatly increases the damage of teammates and shadows. with the augment enemies are slowed to a crawl due to it being affected by power strength

desecrate is self explanatory don't like the energy costs? get the augment and just pick up your own generated health from the corpses with a sentinel. not to mention each corpse piece counts as a single enemy for this ability so the amount of loot it generates is just silly, its great for farming, and even greater for survival as you generate massive amounts of oxygen canisters. 

4th ability. oh boy 

you can easily reach over 400% bonus power so each shadow does 5 times the damage normal and easily 3 times the health and shields that are normal then there's the augment that links nekros to his shadows diverting damage he receives to em, instantly elevating him to tank level.  people keep forgetting augments are affected by warframe stats now.  so at 214 power strength you cap out at the maximum damage diversion of 90% with all 7 alive. 150 % range = 75 meters range on the link.

congratulation, you just became immortal with a invincible zombie army at your disposal. 

15 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Use it with namaron focus and melle weapon like Secura Lecta/Atterax/Lesion/Orthos Prime/Dual Kamas Prime/Galatine Prime/etc. and spin2win.

That goes for every frame, it's really not some synergy specific for nekros :/   It's just generic cheese.

My biggest annoyance about Nekros is how all his abilities
are meh without and super good with the respective Augment,
that's an imbalance that no other Frame faces to this degree.

Like, I'm running a triple Augment build on him. Wat.
I shouldn't feel the need to do that to make him "competitive" with 0 Augment Frames.

27 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

That goes for every frame, it's really not some synergy specific for nekros :/   It's just generic cheese.

But with Nekros is has it's purpose... Secura Lecta? Free credits from killing? Desecrate? Another creds? NICE!

Every other weapons I mentioned makes Nekros not only farm frame, but killing machine that can farm, defense, survive, etc any other team mates.

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

Nekros is actually really good and his prime is even better.

the trick is learning the facets of a frame, and play them as themself, if you try to play banshee like atlas or nekros like valkyr your bound to end up faceplanting

Just now, THeMooN85 said:

Actually I play with my Nekros Prime like I play Valkyr Prime... he is more fragile yes, but still can survive on high lvls.

I meant more rushing into enemies without taking into account what makes him hard to kill, since he doesn't have high armor value, allthough necros doesn't even need the link on his undead to be hard to kill by equipping a maxed out health conversion from simaris nekros can have 1350 + extra armor, due to his desecrate 3 second timer or not, he will have 3 stacks at all times as long as there's a corpse on the floor :O which means about 18% damage combined with his little regular armor value. 

1 hour ago, Tizodd said:

Nekros is extremely powerful and tanky if built right.  Run him with Despoil, Equilibrium, and Shield of Shadows.  Try and keep your power strength up and don't worry so much about range imo.

With this build, you're very tanky because of the shadows taking damage for you and distracting enemies (with 7 shadows and my power strength, I have 95% damage reduction iirc).  Also, you never run out of power because of the synergy between Despoil and Equilibrium.

what this guy said, And get yourself a couple of set of pulse and grace. Grab Galatine P and goto work. U turn into a reaper of souls I use Hate mwahaha

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

3 hours ago, Tizodd said:

If power is not a problem and you are drowning in health orb (as I take it), have you considered swapping that Despoil out for Health Conversion to buff your survivability up that much more for when your shadows are not up? (I realize that you want to constant do self damage to be able to pick up the health orbs but I'm wondering if you really use that much energy)

Edited by Golmihr