Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My personal Apology to the Fans

IgnusDei

5 minutes ago, IgnusDei said:

Oh, i'm not too worried about other opportunities to show off my creativity, Mr.Toast.

turns out, I'm also a very good Mechanical designer.

As much as I respect your work, leaving an extremely vague message to the community about your leave is not helpful or insightful at it's slightest, and will only bring up assumptions and speculations about the topic. I believe this thread has run it course and should be locked before this discussion becomes anymore wayward. 

12 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

As much as I respect your work, leaving an extremely vague message to the community about your leave is not helpful or insightful at it's slightest, and will only bring up assumptions and speculations about the topic. I believe this thread has run it course and should be locked before this discussion becomes anymore wayward. 

Who paid you to come in and damage control? The topic is fine and required. We should be informed that he is no longer contributing. The ones at fault are the ones who let the talent go and ignore the customers.

Edited by UrielColtan

8 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

Who paid you to come in and damage control? The topic is fine and required. We should be known that he is no longer contributing. The one at fault is the one who let the talent go and ignores the customers.

I'm not paid to damage control, but reading the last few pages, everyone got on the train of blaming DE for this though we have absolutely no information as to what happened and Ignus gave out no details on the matter.

It's far too early to call who is at fault, yet everyone's view is that DE is letting an artist go and end up blaming DE due to favoritism. As it stands, I take neither the side of DE nor Ignus until more light is shed on this predicament. 

Edited by Agentawesome

14 hours ago, IgnusDei said:

Hey folks.

I #*($%%@ up.

I got too passionate. I butted heads with the art team over some decisions it made Ember Deluxe's design, and it butted back harder. I knew this was going to happen, but at the time, I really didn't care. Suffice to say, bridges got burned, bad.

I won't be able to design more deluxe skins for you any more.

I'm sorry.

Sincerely,

IgnusDei.

Having no real horse in this corral, but, also still being concerned for the matter, I gotta ask, will you still be with us as an art critic or average forum goer sir/mam, or is your Warframe persona as THE Fire God the last bridge you will burn due to much baggage coming with it/ being busy working elsewhere on things such as your mechs/ to prevent annoying people from bombarding you with petitions, questions, and inane prattle/ D.E. sanctions?

11 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

I'm not paid to damage control, but reading the last few pages, everyone got on the train of blaming DE for this though we have absolutely no information as to what happened and Ignus gave out no details on the matter.

It's far too early to call who is at fault, yet everyone's view is that DE is letting an artist go and end up blaming DE due to favoritism. As it stands, I take neither the side of DE nor Ignus until more light is shed on this predicament. 

As people already assumed, my main issue was with the blade that had been added to Emblem Deluxe's helmet, and I started an argument over it. It got settled with an email telling me that my services will no longer be needed.

Once again, I understood that this was likely to happen. Legally speaking, DE has every right to do whatever they liked to what I submit to them, and the only thing I could do to prevent them from doing what I thought was a grave mistake was to voice my concerns. I could have done that better, I admit.

Edited by IgnusDei
clarification.

12 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

It's far too early to call who is at fault as everyone's view is that DE is letting an artist go and end up blaming DE due to favoritism. As it stands, I take neither the side of DE nor Ignus until more light is shed on this predicament. 

Talent was let go. Unless you are saying DE will let him contribute again, then yeah, they are at fault maintaining that.

If you want DE to ruin the game and themselves then I hope you are getting paid well for it, some of us other people would prefer to save DE from themselves so that they and the game don't run further off the rails or chase more talent away, so as we can proceed in getting our financial investments worth. 

Edited by UrielColtan

The blade on the helm and tumor skirt was pretty iffy and unnecessary from the start, for me, ever since it was previewed during the devstream, and I haven't seen the original concept at this point. 

As much as people would want DE to change the skin back to the original concept, they have been mostly stubborn with their decisions and will continue on with their current design. Even if everyone gets DE to use the original, they would most likely go half way like they always do. Worst possibility is they will completely change it to show their persistence or not release the skin at all.  

Also asking for IgnusDei to try to patch things up with DE may only affect him more negatively, especially if the problem would only continue to persist. This would only be torture for him to stay.

Edited by -eTSi-Joshdirect

Just now, IgnusDei said:

As people already assumed, my main issue was with the blade that had been added to Emblem Deluxe's helmet, and I started an argument over it. It got settled with an email telling me that my services will no longer be needed.

Once again, I understood that this was likely to happen. Legally speaking, DE has every right to do whatever they liked to what I submit to them.

Sad to hear, because i,personally, very dislike this blade on the head. IMO would be a way better without it.
And couple words for goodbye :D For me, your works were the best designed stuff in this game. If i could choose, i would fired the design team :D
Wish you luck and more freedom in all further projects!

12 hours ago, CherryPauper said:

I agree about Nova's, but Nyx's looks pretty good (aside from the helmet and annoying tail bump which makes majority of syndannas worthless on it).

Pulled from the grittier days of DE with Dark Sector. Its a design of the Nemesis boss from that game.

What with the knife on the head?

Deluxe skin should be unique on it own, it didn't have to resemble the original frame head which I think is the mohawk, the DE artist decided to also add the knife to the deluxe skin head mean they want it resemble to the Ember mohawk??

You got to be kidding me....

Also the skirt thing, I think DE fear players will be horny 12 years old staring at the exposed groin.

Oh my gosh, think of the children!!??

I bet a lot of players have used to staring at male and female frame butts already, why hide the groin area?

The skirt thing only create more clipping issue.

4 minutes ago, IgnusDei said:

Once again, I understood that this was likely to happen. Legally speaking, DE has every right to do whatever they liked to what I submit to them, and the only thing I could do to prevent them from doing what I thought was a grave mistake was to voice my concerns. I could have done that better, I admit.

Sad to see you go, and I see no problem with you voicing your concerns with what you worked hard on.
Guess we'll have to endure more Nova Deluxe tier skins.

14 minutes ago, IgnusDei said:

Once again, I understood that this was likely to happen. Legally speaking, DE has every right to do whatever they liked to what I submit to them.

Thank you for your statement on this. From now on I will be linking this to end any speculation on this issue. I am saddened by this news, but art is a thorny rose, some eyes are met with a flower, some are pricked by the stem.

I wish you good luck in your future endeavors. 

Edit: If possible, please edit the main post with this information. 

Edited by Agentawesome

1 hour ago, Agentawesome said:

Maybe it's because every single one of Ember's helmets, be it Primed and even Tennogen all share the signature flame mohawk. It's funny to see people praising the Ember Graxx Helmet for having a bent machete on it's head, but complain about a tiny feature on this concept. 

Those were my thoughts when looking at the helmet. 

I still really dislike what was done to the elbow, the melee weapon, and even some of the detailing on her dark/burnt half (and her chest) was scaled down. Shame about those. I like the helmet and hip, though.

47 minutes ago, wightSpider said:

Thank You  @IgnusDei for your great work.
You live you learn and then you move on.
Good luck on future projects

cheers

Well said, mate.

39 minutes ago, achromos said:

[...]

What I'm saying is that it is our responsibility on this forum to restrain ourselves from posting in topics that we feel could really start a mob riot (Which I've been exercising since this topic was created) .... These all make it personal to these people and you know how the internet will find out about these things, and I believe that if OP didn't make this topic, it would have been made by someone else, someone who enjoyed his skins and someone who is a bit more of a irate customer.

This topic is/was a pile of tinder waiting for a single sneeze and I feel like at least in terms of the OP, if you read what he wrote, and how he wrote... he didn't incite anything against DE, he admitted he messed up and the community on the forums picked up their pitchforks and began their little verbal protest/mud slinging because they are unhappy.

Me?  I'm staying far away from discussing anything like that but, I just had to respond to this one as my answer can be far more neutral.

Good points, and there really are quite a number of us who are choosing not to pick up our pitchforks. 

11 minutes ago, IgnusDei said:

Thank you for the explanation, the thread in general, and for all your work here. 

I think part of why this sucks so much (aside from us wanting more deluxe skins in your signature style, one that DE has yet to top with a deluxe though Saryn Orphid was good and the Dark Sector nods are great) is because seeing you succeed was a genuine pleasure for all of us as fellow fans and community members.

Cheers, and do great things in the future.

Edited by Rhekemi

Despite the understandable frustration coming from that news, I concur with people asking to avoid to fall into a raging state against anyone or to utter extreme statements.

None of us here know what exactly happened (even with the hints and snippets), and caustic comments won't ever bring something useful in this Community. Judging a situation without knowing it as a whole cannot lead to an accurate and reasonable reaction.

This being said...

I feel sad that the situation turned bad. I know the pain of getting hurt within the main stream of our inner passion. I also know the pain of the consequences of our actions... I sympathize, Ignus Dei.

I thank you and send you my congratulations for all the work you've done, and the love you put in it. This sad event does not erase that. The same goes for all the persons who work on Warframe with their hearts.

I hope that this experience will make us all grow into wiser and more appreciative persons.

I wish you the best for your future, truly.

2 hours ago, heisthex said:

What with the knife on the head?

Deluxe skin should be unique on it own, it didn't have to resemble the original frame head which I think is the mohawk, the DE artist decided to also add the knife to the deluxe skin head mean they want it resemble to the Ember mohawk??

You got to be kidding me....

Also the skirt thing, I think DE fear players will be horny 12 years old staring at the exposed groin.

Oh my gosh, think of the children!!??

I bet a lot of players have used to staring at male and female frame butts already, why hide the groin area?

The skirt thing only create more clipping issue.

wait, the strapon is supposed to be a skirt? is there another image than this?

honestly, i cant see a skirt at all.

15 hours ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

There is a lot of people in that word "they".

Mynki is the primary designer for most of the warframes and is the art director.

I think Janice Chu is or was one of their weapon designers and UI designer that makes the little ability icons who makes artwork like this:

Fan art for the game I work on, WARFRAME! ~ Weeeeeeeeee enjoy and stay frosty. For those of you who don’t know, I’m a concept and UI artist on Warframe :D

The designer of the zarr is Sean Bigham, who also made the Orphid skin:

sean-bigham-sb-warframes-006.jpg?1445061439

Plus a ton more artist in the company, each with their own unique style and flair that makes them special.

Saying DE is losing a lot when Ignus is leaving is really undercutting the hardwork and talent that the artist at DE have. The artist that DE hires all have their own unique flavor  and style to them, and hiring Ignus feels like that was a match made in heaven. They kept to Ignus' original style as much as possible, but also placed limits on what he can do. Warframe has a really unique style, but also has some limit to keep some coherency. Imagine how inconsistent the game would look if all artist at DE could do whatever they want without placing some sort of guideline to what they can create. The game would be an incoherent mess of different styles that would fail to keep a consistent universe.

Sean Bigham is not actually part of DE though, and only did one deluxe skin. which I partly liked, however I didn't care for the huge random black thigh tumor, which made an otherwise decent design, blemished. Don't know what part of that was DE or the artist. They have relegated him to merely designing baubles now. We saw what happened when they let in house talent do an original deluxe skin, we got Asuri Nova. otherwise most of their half decent deluxe skins are pulled straight from Dark Sector. The game is already full of incoherent messes partly due to wrong headed art directions by the art team that I have been talking about for some time now in as nice a way as possible on here and reddit.

Edited by UrielColtan