Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seperate WTS and WTB tabs in chat

TenGaugeBoson

Ya know what would be awesome.

Is if there were 2 separate trade chat tabs for WTS and WTB that could be split off so we could look at both at the same time, but in different windows.

Trade chat during peek time has so many posts it is difficult to keep up.

There are just way to many posts to reasonably deal with most of the time.

Even if we couldn't get 2 chat windows...Separate tabs for WTS and WTB would be a quality of life upgrade that would just be the bee's knee's

I think two windows would be okay. Two tabs wouldnt though. that would make it worse imo. For example, If you WTS something, you can only what others are selling, and might miss someone  who WTB what you WTS.

Regards,

Camp

Edited by CCamp88

7 minutes ago, CCamp88 said:

I think two windows would be okay. Two tabs wouldnt though. that would make it worse imo. For example, If you WTS something, you can only what others are selling, and might miss someone  who WTB what you WTS.

Regards,

Camp

This. We need to be able to see both at once, splitwindow coild work.

I used to advocate this idea.

Now being here long enough I know that it would simply end up with kickbot overheating and eventually (sooner than later) letting go of differentiating those channels and even more confusion about trading among newbies.

Though we could use WTT channel. Would be nice to have place dedicated to trades without platinum as medium.
But it isn't how things work here, plat must flow.

28 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Dyalar said:

An Auction House is actually the solution we need.  Sellers list their items with the desired price, buyers can search for the item they want and either buy it outright or message the seller to negotiate.

This has been suggested many times before, it's not likely to happen.

An auction house would cause trading prices to crash, as there would be virtually no effort required to sell your prime parts and other items, so everyone would do it.

Lower plat prices in trade means less plat being bought and less income for DE. It also means that 'free' players will have to grind out many more items to buy their warframe/weapon slots and w/e.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

And in which category wtt want to trade falls in? Lol

It just depeding if you want to trade for some thing or want to trade your thing.
It should be more like "what you have for exchange" and "what you want for exchange" channels.

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

An auction house would cause trading prices to crash, as there would be virtually no effort required to sell your prime parts and other items, so everyone would do it.

Lower plat prices in trade means less plat being bought and less income for DE. It also means that 'free' players will have to grind out many more items to buy their warframe/weapon slots and w/e.

I know it's been repeatedly suggested.  I agree that prices would go down.  I also believe that the quantity of transactions would go up greatly, to the point that I believe MORE platinum would be changing hands.  Not only will people be more willing to spend platinum if the price dropped, it will be so much easier for a buyer and seller to connect if items for sale could be found in a searchable list.  I know I can only run in circles looking for a buyer or seller for so long before I give up and go back to running missions.

As for free players having to grind out many more items, I somewhat disagree with that.  There are plenty of Prime parts that, even given a reduction in value, would still pay for quite a few slots.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Dyalar said:

I know it's been repeatedly suggested.  I agree that prices would go down.  I also believe that the quantity of transactions would go up greatly, to the point that I believe MORE platinum would be changing hands.  Not only will people be more willing to spend platinum if the price dropped, it will be so much easier for a buyer and seller to connect if items for sale could be found in a searchable list.  I know I can only run in circles looking for a buyer or seller for so long before I give up and go back to running missions.

Demand wouldn't rise enough, players only need one of most items that can be traded. So with finite demand and infinite supply the market would get flooded with items further reducing prices.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Dyalar said:

As for free players having to grind out many more items, I somewhat disagree with that.  There are plenty of Prime parts that, even given a reduction in value, would still pay for quite a few slots.

If prices fall, then you need to grind more of them to get the same amount of plat.

I said that free players would need to do more grinding, not that it was impossible.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Too complicated man

It's not complicated at all.
There is just a channel where people put what they have and another where people put what they want.

so, if you are looking for something, you check the channel where people put what they have and if you want to sell something, you put your offer one the other channel.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2016 at 8:53 AM, ChuckMaverick said:

So this is the issue upper management has with Auction house...it lowers the prices hence lower plat in circulation hence lower income for DE. 

Humm..makes sense to me. 

Well still they could do something to improve the trading experience. I am a speed reader IRL but damn that trade chat moves at a blur. 

I know I can scroll up to view offers that were posted. But I just have to skip so many items that do not appeal to me. 

A filiter just has to be added. 

I am looking for X, Y, Z, G, H, D

I don't want to see trades involving A, F, P, N, O. 

Please add a filter.