The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is valkyr backstory with Allen V

Decaying_Dreamer

1. Its "Alad" not "Allen".

2. He cougth her and experimented on her.

And finaly.

3. Primes are not confirmed to be canon.

4. Who says she wasnt hysterical before Alad got her? I mean Orokin could experiment on her too, like on any other warframe.

Edited by DanujCZ
I cant type.

17 hours ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

Why new lore though? The old Lore fits perfectly into the game 

Her lore literally makes no sense anymore, as does many of the frames.

Before the story changes of recent, there is no one there to be tortured. Can you torture a machine?

As far as I know there is no sentience there to torture, let alone an intelligence to develop abilities.

It goes the same for many frames lore, like LImbo being one. How can he be lost in the Rift realm without that intelligence to operate or even function, let alone to send cryptic clues from the great beyond.

All the early lore for frames is written with the idea that the frame is the entity, and is the Tenno, one complete being. The current meta makes no sense to me in regard to early lore of frames.

19 hours ago, Lasarah said:

why is her backstory with him and not the grineer and here is my reasoning and ideas for a change

1. her prime has the same abilities as her normal self.

2 stat wise she lost 100 armor and 50 energy from her prime self.

-with points 1 and 2 that means Allen V did nothing to improve her at all

3. her coloring is more grineer than corpus in nature 

4 her abilities are similar to grineer her 1 is like the scorpions and claws like the manics

so an idea for a new lore which fits with the stats and appearance could be done. like if Vor found this warframe broken in an orokin ruin, they took it and repaired it and used what they learned from it to augment their troops after a while Vor made a deal with Allen V, to study her and figure out how to do transference but when we as tenno inter up this and end up stealing her.

these are just ideas thank you for your time.

ps i know my writing skills suck  

1) Nothing would indicate her abilities should be different.  the vanilla valkyr was experimented on by alad v.  Not created.  The torture she received could very well have impacted her emotions behind the abilities.  But not create them or change them.  Abilities are a manifestation of the tenno's abilities but channeled through the warframes as warframes serve to be the conduit for their raw power.  So one could easily come to the conclusion that Valkyr prime experienced some traumatic stuff during the orokin war.  There are theories that can keep this thought process going and still account for the geresmi skin.  But I think it's best to just not think about that skin for the moment.  Nothing has yet stated that deluxe skins are cannon anyway.

2) Yes.  all vanilla frames are downgrades of primes because these are mass produced frames compared to the ones made by the orokin. I don't see why this matters one bit.  Salad V wasn't trying to improve her.  He was experimenting and trying to figure out what the frames exactly were.  You could make the theory that he wasn't trying to torture her but trying to follow a stolen orokin plan to harness the power of a prime frame.  But again not much to really back this up.

3) coloring just like visual design is purely up to artistic freedom.  Unless it's explicitly stated to be of important matter somewhere you're just grasping here.  Not to mention grineer and corpus do share colors.

4) Considering what primes actually are it's more correct to say that those 2 grineer units are similar to HER.  Not the other way around.

Your theory isn't well written out and it doesn't make sense.  Corpus and grineer to my knowledge have never aided eachother directly.  why start now?

19 hours ago, Qianna said:

If her abilities by nature derive from her suffering, it's even less reasonable for Valkyr Prime to have the same set of abilities as it's inferior version.

Yes, because Orokin didn't torture and experiment on the Tenno... Yes, because having to 

Spoiler

kill your parents, and every other adult who has fed you, supported you, taught you the way of the world because they went insane will not mentally scar and torment someone. Being called a monster for having to kill your family, having that nightmare follow you for your whole life would totally not leave a lasting mental impression on you, even if you lost your memories.