Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Where have wraith/vandal weapon parts in invasions gone?

Tesseract7777

So in The War Within update, we were told we would start seeing Wraith Vandal Weapon parts in invasions. And we did start seeing them, and it was great at first! And then this update happened on November 18th, nearly an entire MONTH ago: 

This line in particular: 

• Improved chances of weapon parts appearing in Faction Invasions -- 25% instead of 15%.

Would indicate that they were supposed to become MORE common after that update. Instead, we have seen zero wraith and vandal weapon parts in invasions since that update. I have looked through the history of the warframe alerts... they just don't show up anymore. 

So I must ask, did DE make a mistake and transpose a decimal point? Did they accidentally make the new chance 2.5% instead of 25%? Because right now it seems the chance is almost impossibly low for them to appear. This cannot possibly be intended as even in the update it says they are supposed to appear more often. 

Now they do not show up at all. 

Can someone from DE address this? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NativeKiller said:

Inb4 no response from D.E again

I will keep politely but relentlessly beating the drum about this, and about them switching the Exilus Adapters in sorties to BP's in TWW update when they had always been fully built in sorties before for the past eight seasons. 

Until they at least respond and explain, I will keep trying to get their attention. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

I will keep politely but relentlessly beating the drum about this, and about them switching the Exilus Adapters in sorties to BP's in TWW update when they had always been fully built in sorties before for the past eight seasons. 

Until they at least respond and explain, I will keep trying to get their attention. 

And, I applaud you for your efforts.

Here, have a +1 for what it's worth. :3

It might be because of them accidentally lowering the drop chance like you said or it might also be because of certain invasions lingering for a long time since not many people are doing them like the one on neso which has been there for 2 or 3 days and might be stopping a weapon part invasion from showing up and replacing it or it could be both.

Edited by Zortyx

Just now, Zortyx said:

It might be because of them accidentally lowering the drop chance like you said or it might also be because of certain invasions lingering for a long time since not many people are doing them like the one on neso which has been there for 2 or 3 days stopping a weapon part invasion from showing up and replacing it or it could be both.

I could believe it had something to do with the second part if not for the fact that it has been nearly an entire month since a single weapon invasion has appeared, and they are supposed to have a 25% drop chance. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not ruling anything out, but without any explanation from DE, my best guess is still a transposed decimal point. 

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I could believe it had something to do with the second part if not for the fact that it has been nearly an entire month since a single weapon invasion has appeared, and they are supposed to have a 25% drop chance. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not ruling anything out, but without any explanation from DE, my best guess is still a transposed decimal point. 

And to be honest, that is so very likely.

D.E... "fumbles" with numbers very often.

I just wonder if they do have a check-up procedure to prevent such,,, "fumbles".

Edited by NativeKiller

It's made worse by the fact that you can't see what mission type Grineer vs Corpus invasion nodes are, and you can get the same rewards (excluding the elusive weapon parts) from infested invasions. So there's no real incentive to do the non-weapon part missions other than getting G3 or Zanuka marks.

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Fair enough i'm actually starting to think that myself at this point since it has been a month and 0 have showed up but about 3 i think showed up before they changed the chance

The drop chance being increased doesn't stop RNG from being RNG.

I mean DE could have goofed, but its not exactly super strange to not have had a single part in an invasion since the update either. Its still a possibility. A rather slim one, but that doesn't mean much.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Now they do not show up at all. 

Can someone from DE address this? 

I play this game often at random hours of the day, and I have seen more frequent of "Alerts & Invasions" that offer good rewards. Of course the rewards are random and I don't expect the Developers to "spoon feed" rewards to the players of their game. 

[It is possible that you are not playing the game when "Vandal or Wraith" rewards are available.]

Be patient and enjoy the game, Tenno.

1 hour ago, xV3NOMx said:

I play this game often at random hours of the day, and I have seen more frequent of "Alerts & Invasions" that offer good rewards. Of course the rewards are random and I don't expect the Developers to "spoon feed" rewards to the players of their game. 

[It is possible that you are not playing the game when "Vandal or Wraith" rewards are available.]

Be patient and enjoy the game, Tenno.

Uhm...

3 hours ago, PhoenixFury said:

I too, have religiously watched Deathsnack's warframetracker daily, and haven't seen one since that patch.

3 hours ago, Praxxor said:

I searched through my clan's Discord that has the alert bot installed, as long as the bot's information is correct, there are indeed no vandal or wraith parts since that update.

I have also religiously checked Deathsnack's warframetracker daily and saw no invasions for weapon parts.

Edited by NativeKiller

On Tuesday I posted some detailed analysis on the official invasion feedback thread.  The TL;DR is:  You are literally better off waiting for a Wraith/Vandal weapon to appear in an event or tactical alert than you are trying to collect its parts from the current invasion system.

Some updated numbers:

TWW was released 34 days ago.  In that time there have been 38 Corpus vs. Grineer invasions.  Exactly 4 of those had wraith/vandal parts as rewards:  one on the 15th, two on the 21st, and the last on the 23rd.  This is about an 11% rate of weapon part invasions.

It's been 22 days since one has appeared, which is more than two thirds the time that the new invasion system has existed.

There's bad RNG and then there are good RNG

long ago when Riot got rid of evasion they also wanted to change critical chances so that you wouldn't have times where you would never crit or crit multiple times in a row

DE said they would do something similar with Sortie rewards, getting 2k endos a few times gives us a chance to roll riven (not sure if that's in anymore since riven is common chance now)

It would be nice to see the same done to wraith and vandal to have a guaranteed appearance

33 minutes ago, onieyez said:

There's bad RNG and then there are good RNG

long ago when Riot got rid of evasion they also wanted to change critical chances so that you wouldn't have times where you would never crit or crit multiple times in a row

DE said they would do something similar with Sortie rewards, getting 2k endos a few times gives us a chance to roll riven (not sure if that's in anymore since riven is common chance now)

It would be nice to see the same done to wraith and vandal to have a guaranteed appearance

5 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

The drop chance being increased doesn't stop RNG from being RNG.

I mean DE could have goofed, but its not exactly super strange to not have had a single part in an invasion since the update either. Its still a possibility. A rather slim one, but that doesn't mean much.

I don't think that it has anything to do with RNG. I remember parts appearing in invasions when i all started. I saw them 3 times or so before that hotfix. After that - nothing. I try to check invasions when I can, so I doubt I could miss much. They just broke the system. Either chance is too low now or the parts don't spawn into invasions at all

I really, really, REALLY, REALLY don't think this is just the R.N.G at work.

I am not the greatest at math but the odds of a 25% chance invasion not happening at all for nearly a month seems really, very unlikely.

...Yeah, I don't think I am going to buy it if D.E simply goes "It's just the R.N.G, Tenno!" :3

Edited by NativeKiller