Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Where have wraith/vandal weapon parts in invasions gone?

Tesseract7777

3 hours ago, NativeKiller said:

I really, really, REALLY, REALLY don't think this is just the R.N.G at work.

I am not the greatest at math but the odds of a 25% chance invasion not happening at all for nearly a month seems really, very unlikely.

...Yeah, I don't think I am going to buy it if D.E simply goes "It's just the R.N.G, Tenno!" :3

3 hours ago, Hesyol said:

I don't think that it has anything to do with RNG. I remember parts appearing in invasions when i all started. I saw them 3 times or so before that hotfix. After that - nothing. I try to check invasions when I can, so I doubt I could miss much. They just broke the system. Either chance is too low now or the parts don't spawn into invasions at all

Unlikely doesn't mean impossible. Thats the biggest misnomer on the forums. "Its unlikely for x to not happen! ITS NOT RNG SOMETHINGS BROKEN!!!!"

DE could have goofed, but its still possible its RNG. Who knows, the fact it happened after the changes could be a coinkydink or DE legitimatly messed up. The possibility is still there though.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

13 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Unlikely doesn't mean impossible. Thats the biggest misnomer on the forums. "Its unlikely for x to not happen! ITS NOT RNG SOMETHINGS BROKEN!!!!"

DE could have goofed, but its still possible its RNG. Who knows, the fact it happened after the changes could be a coinkydink or DE legitimatly messed up. The possibility is still there though.

Even if its RNG DE should do something about it, there should be a fixed invasion for whenever a certain weapon part doesn't drop for X amount of invasions, otherwise you will still bump into situations like this all time time.

At most it should be a week without weapon invasions not a month, might aswell remove them from invasions and bring them with Baro it would probably take less time to acquire them from him.

1 minute ago, Midrib said:

Even if its RNG DE should do something about it, there should be a fixed invasion for whenever a certain weapon part doesn't drop for X amount of invasions, otherwise you will still bump into situations like this all time time.

At most it should be a week without weapon invasions not a month, might aswell remove them from invasions and bring them with Baro it would probably take less time to acquire them from him.

Thats fair. I would help prevent situations like this in the future.

42 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Well maybe RNG is still there but that means that it's 5% or so. I can't believe it's 25% because parts appear even less often then when it was 15%

1 hour ago, Hesyol said:

Well maybe RNG is still there but that means that it's 5% or so. I can't believe it's 25% because parts appear even less often then when it was 15%

That just means you don't fully understand chance and RNG. 

Unlikely does not mean impossible. There could be a 99% chance of every invasion having a weapon part and it could still not happen for a month. Now thats not likley at all, but that still doesn't mean it can't happen. That misunderstanding is why threads about x happening or not happening too frequently or not frequently enough pop up so... well... frequently.

I still don't have life strike despite my almost fanatical farming for the damn thing. That doesn't mean its drop chances are bugged or that it doesn't drop at all. Trust me, with the amount of runs I've done for it since release, Its incredibly unlikely It hasn't dropped as a reward once. 

1 hour ago, StinkyPygmy said:

That just means you don't fully understand chance and RNG. 

Unlikely does not mean impossible. There could be a 99% chance of every invasion having a weapon part and it could still not happen for a month. Now thats not likley at all, but that still doesn't mean it can't happen. That misunderstanding is why threads about x happening or not happening too frequently or not frequently enough pop up so... well... frequently.

I still don't have life strike despite my almost fanatical farming for the damn thing. That doesn't mean its drop chances are bugged or that it doesn't drop at all. Trust me, with the amount of runs I've done for it since release, Its incredibly unlikely It hasn't dropped as a reward once. 

Whatever the reason behind it, whether my theory about a decimal point being off is right, or whether it is somehow just RNG, I think you would agree it needs to be fixed somehow. 

Right now multiple people have confirmed, by their own religious watching of alert trackers, that there have been zero wraith/vandal alerts since the update that supposedly increased the chance. No matter what the reason, that can't be what they intended. 

Assuming a rate of approximately 1 new invasion per day and given that it's been approximately 22 days since the last weapon drop we come up with a 0.1783% chance of this occurring, assuming the chance of receiving a weapon part from an invasion.  That means out of 1000 22 day cycles this will occur approximately 1.8 times.  Not impossible, highly unlikely though. 

26 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Right now multiple people have confirmed, by their own religious watching of alert trackers, that there have been zero wraith/vandal alerts since the update that supposedly increased the chance. No matter what the reason, that can't be what they intended. 

We've had 21 straight Corpus vs Grineer invasions with no weapon parts.  If the chance really was increased to 25%, then the odds of this just being bad RNG are about 0.2%.

However, this started after 19.0.6, which dropped on November 18th and whose patch notes contain the 15% to 25% remark.  There were three invasions soon after that: Two on the 21st, and one on the 23rd.  But since then, nothing.  My guess is the 19.0.6 update was working, but then another update broke it for good.  My guess is 19.1.0 (November 25th), which doesn't mention invasions in the patch notes but did introduce some Sortie reward changes.

It's sad when threads/complaints like this are completely ignored by [DE].

I've seen a total of three weapon parts spawn since they were announced as invasion rewards.  I see a TON of Fieldron constantly.  Something's off with the reward spawn chances and I really wish [DE] would look into it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like an easy fix for someone from [DE] to just take a look at the weapon bp spawn chance and increase it a bit.  And preferably lower the chances of Fieldron spawning.

Agreed, would be really nice to get this looked at.

As it stands you had better chances of obtaining the parts from sorties. 

Have added a post on bugs forum for this.

Edited by Jakkul
added ref to bugs post

2 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Snipetron Vandal Receiver / Latron Wraith Stock invasion mission up right now.

First one I've seen for a long time.

Even more confirmation of my belief that they accidentally changed it to 2.5%. Someone posted earlier in the thread that the odds so far seemed very close to almost 2% chance for one to appear soon... very close to 2.5%. Either they fixed it, or we are just seeing that almost one in a hundred chance. 

I still think they need to give us an answer on this. I am certain there is a bug here. 

Honestly, I think we should contact staff members directly via PM or twitter; or post a link to any of the related threads in the first page of future hotfix notes. 

I personally own all the weapons already but still it's clear that something is not working as intended here and I'm quite surprised that we have no words from DE yet. 

46 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

You've just linked this thread, in this thread.

I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant to do.

Yeah I posted it in missions and levels (meaning to post it in pc beta bugs). I reported it and asked a mod to move it to pc beta bugs, and apparently they merged it with my original thread... wtf. LOL. Oh well, i'll just start a new thread in bugs. At least that's my guess as to what happened.. idk lol, weird. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

• 3 weeks later...

For now, weapons with parts already dropped as invasion reward, to be continued (up to date to Jan. 3) :

• Nov 15 - Dera Vandal Stock vs. Strun Wraith Barrel
  • Nov 21 - Dera Vandal Blueprint vs. Twin Vipers Wraith Blueprint
  • Nov 21 - Dera Vandal Receiver vs. Karak Wraith Blueprint
  • Nov 23 - Snipetron Vandal Barrel vs. Latron Wraith Barrel
  • Dec 17 - Snipetron Vandal Receiver vs. Latron Wraith Stock 
  • Dec 27 - Snipetron Vandal Stock vs. Latron Wraith Blueprint
  • Dec 27 - Dera Vandal Stock vs. Karak Wraith Receiver
  • Dec 27 - Dera Vandal Receiver vs. Strun Wraith Stock

Regularly updating the original post :