The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The biggest disappoint of 2016.

Another year and another 12 months I've spent playing & enjoying Warframe.
But I must close out the year with a *sigh* as there is one thing that continually disheartens me.

The lack of support & content for clans, alliances and their management.

Honestly the reason I have any where near the amount of time in the game as I do can be traced down to one thing. Clans.
I've learned a lot from being a member of my clan over time and I've be fortunate enough to be able to give back to my clan/alliance/community as well as help an abundance of newer players in their journey through Warframe.

The value in having an active community with people to raid, play & hang out with in a CO-OP game can't be overstated.

However
- Clan rank management is drastically under featured, and archaic.
- Dojo's have had near zero support and zero new content .
- It feels like dojo's mainly exist just for research and as a resource sinks at this point.
- Members aren't able to display their clan in anything other than a emblem or profile.
- Still the inherently flawed way someone with any sort of build permissions can destroy an entire dojo exists.

And so on. I mean I could write a 20 page case study detailing issues with clans and alliances at the moment but that's not what I here for.
I just wanted to give some feedback on what I and others believe is a major hole in the backbone of Warframe and it's long standing community.

I feel warframe is a social game at the ground level and that it needs to be supported there WITH things like the actual gameplay itself. After playing warframe for awhile you start to make bonds with other players in the community and you tend to stick close to those whom you have common grounds with. There's countless ways to enjoy the content in the game but it all comes back to the social interactions we have. I feel its important that we have places where we can meet up like the relays and clan dojo but they both feel lacking to me. The only time i visit my dojo is if i want to trade with another player and the only time i would visit a relay is to see the void trader. 

Not sure if i'm getting my point across in this sleep deprived state but but the TLDR is i agree with @-BA-dammhamm

All these unfinished features, all these useless new ones.

And so many people drooling because they got a cinematic quest... And that's all they got.

10 minutes ago, -BA-dammhamm said:

It feels like dojo's mainly exist just for research and as a resource sinks at this point.

Well it's actually that, everytime there are new weapons they just toss some of them in the dojo and that's it.

The place's only purposes are research (and RP for some people)

And i'm still waiting for damage 3.0 :D

If they don´t start focusing on clans and alliances HARD, they´re gonna be losing people and fast. New quests and cinematics can keep me glued for what....maybe 2 hours before I finish the quest ? Rest of the time, rest assured I won´t be replaying the quest just to keep me entertained.

Clans, Alliances, Dojo, should get a major update.

1 minute ago, Haardrale said:

I feel that they could add more practice stuff to the dojo, like the racing room, or some form of activity that, when fulfilled, would add some resources to the clan vault or to players themselves. At least then we would have a reason to go there...

There has been talk for awhile from DE mostly through dev streams that they are wanting to implement new features into the dojo like a sort of "build your own" obstacle course but alas these get pushed back for more quests and nerfs.

TWW imo was more dissapointing then SoTR. Atleast our star chart has functionality and relic system came. TWW brought a not so great quest imo and operator and rivens are a pain in my arse. I feel rivens are DEs version of CoD supply drops or CSGO crates. The 1% get 7k plat sybaris mods while the rest get complete trash with sentinel weapons and harpak mods.

Edited by -Voltage-

7 minutes ago, zattez said:

There has been talk for awhile from DE mostly through dev streams that they are wanting to implement new features into the dojo like a sort of "build your own" obstacle course but alas these get pushed back for more quests and nerfs.

Imagine being able to grow herbs and nanospores in gardens on the dojo, but having to keep them alive, water them from time to time, etc.

I would love something like that.

Just now, -BA-dammhamm said:

@zattezYeah relays is very good point! A whole other kettle of kavats but one that does comes back to Warframe being a social game .

I don't know if you tried it back when it was possible, but you were able to glitch through the walls in the relays and see all of the top floor and its clear that had/have plans for it yet nothing has been done up there. I had more fun glitching through the relays then i did just doing whatever it is we are ment to do on a relay. Its like they just bought afew goldfish (the players) and stuck them in a fish tank ( the relays) and then just look through the glass..waiting for us to do fish stuff. blub blub..

@Zealotux I've already seen number a clans drop out, especially competitive ones.
The way i see it.
New quest = 2-4hr of quality game play.
Being part of a supportive and active clan or community = Potential for countless hours of game play and good times.

balancing sure makes the game boring as heck.... say it aint so.. I will be having quite some fun playing other games this holiday with my son, warframe is in a 3 years static in that dept. and doesn't look like it can ever be a true fun game to play with the devs hooked on dru...err RNG!

This topic... i could go on forever about its flaws. 

instead i will give DE a chance to redeem themselves with their supposedly upcoming clan and dojo changes.

i hope they will find warlords of clans who have been dealing with this for a long time and know what the system needs instead of throwing something out there and hoping it works.

GO DE, make the clan/dojo system as it shouldve been years ago!!

Just make the dojos training rooms for our operators to buff their stats. Then every clan member will have to go there and hang out while watching their kid do ninja things. Could even make it multi player minigames like...hungry hungry kubrows. Or Kavats and ladders. Or Corpusopoly. 

Dojos and Relays are really underdeveloped and unfinished. A social game should have be more meaningful in these parts more than just research and trading. The duelling could be interesting but there are no in game cabins, bars, "restaurants", gazebos, social gardens "we still haven't seats to interact and there is no swimming pool etc. There should be more npc and clans could have their dedicated npc-s what they can add or remove as they desire but atleast the dojos could be more living with them. Also the npc characters and syndicate emissaries there could give side quests and some rewards if we finish their favors.

The duelling can be better even clans could make tournaments with duel and with different "tennolympic" games with different puzzle and agility games. Same with the obstacles and some rewards to motivate the players to try to do it and give more option to hang out. Some of us tired to grind the same and same stuffs ever sometimes we need a rest and this game can be perfectly relaxing if the social part could have been developed well years ago.

I just want to sit on a bench and drink my tennocyte coktail and chating with handsome mirage illusions while flirting with titania. Lyfe is hard but sometimes need more Fun.

Edited by Sziklamester

I never quite understood the need for dojos at all. The game essentially operates like Diablo, where all social and game interactions can be more easily handled through menus and chat. As someone said before, the physical dojos just seem to be money/resource/time sinks for overzealous guild heads.

This may be less of the case on consoles, where keyboards are scarce. Relays and dojos might play a more similar role to lobbies in old Phantasy Star Online. But for PC, I have no desire to stand around. I'm sure not everyone feels that way, but certainly enough do.