Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

equinox true gender

ninjalord4321

for everyone who has been discussing equinox gender it is both male and female because of its 2 form's first is the night mode equinox's night mode looks exactly like a female because of the body type and its type of styling to for its light mode its male because of the same thing for its night mode according to my resources equinox is controlled from 2 bodies and there are both brother and sister but they control its night and dark mode so 1 body with 2 minds but i bet the game wont even show it on the second dream quest so this is only a good bet its both male and female.

"part of the moon tenno's we are recruiting please message me if you wish to join" 

Edited by ninjalord4321

5 hours ago, ninjalord4321 said:

according to my resources equinox is controlled from 2 bodies and there are both brother and sister but they control its night and dark mode so 1 body with 2 minds but i bet the game wont even show it on the second dream quest so this is only a good bet its both male and female.

so basically "the official lore is wrong and Im right"?

And what are your "resources"? Where did you got that information? And what guarantees that it is valid?

3 hours ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

Just accept it. No amount of political correctness can save your argument. Equinox is female only.

Tbh, the only people I see trying to qualify Equinox as not female only (specially those like the OP, that go as far as to claim Equinox is actually teo sibling characters) are those who cry about political correctness.

5 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Tbh, the only people I see trying to qualify Equinox as not female only (specially those like the OP, that go as far as to claim Equinox is actually teo sibling characters) are those who cry about political correctness.

Ehhhh, Equinox IS female only, HOWEVER with how she was initially presented that wasn't the case. It was only after Steve screwed up with his commentary that they backed away from dual gender teasing and presented her officially as female only.

Why they chose to tease and suggest she wasn't female only, I can only imagine, but it's what they did. She's female only upon full release and you're right that is what really matters.

4 minutes ago, hammerheathen said:

Ehhhh, Equinox IS female only, HOWEVER with how she was initially presented that wasn't the case. It was only after Steve screwed up with his commentary that they backed away from dual gender teasing and presented her officially as female only.

Why they chose to tease and suggest she wasn't female only, I can only imagine, but it's what they did. She's female only upon full release and you're right that is what really matters.

we do have to note something:

gender != sex.

"female/male" define sex, not gender.

So, in the end, I think they, whether consciously or not, only calmed down those who would be the most... Offended -- which tend to be those who don't know gender and sex are different things.

Which is quite a nice work.

Edited by tnccs215

5 hours ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

Just accept it. No amount of political correctness can save your argument. Equinox is female only.

^^^^^^^^^^

F*** your political correctness, OP!

And HOW @(*()$ DARE YOU said night Equinox has female shape body and the light has a male body! HOW DARE YOU hurt my feelings!

I will let you know that I'm so jealous of this Russian chick's body!

Spoiler

Cer2wrLV.jpeg

But in all seriousness, I would like to believe that the original concept of Equinox was a male and a female which goes perfectly well with the concept of Yin and Yang, where the male represents the 陽 (Yang) and female represents 陰 (Yin). Yang represents an aggressive nature and Yin represents a passive nature.  If all goes according to the theme of Yin and Yang, which Equinox totally is, the night should be a female and the light should be a male because Yin represents female and Yang represents male. 

If  you look at the traditional portray or people's idea (when it comes to art) of how a practitioner or someone who dedicated their life to the studies Yin&Yang, they look something like this:

Spoiler

47314_2.jpg

Which is exactly why Equinox's basic form had that cloth-looking-sleeve thingy.

IF the equilibrium of Yin & Yang were to broken where the male adapt to the ways of Yin and the female adapt to ways of Yang, usually in martial arts stories the male would become no different than a female and a removal of their genital is required in order for the practice to proceed. The female on the other hand will become so much more buffed, like that Russian chick above, and their voice will begin to grow deep chest hair will begin to grow. All these are the arts or novel's portray of martial artists breaking the Yin&Yang equilibrium..... My point is, the light equinox (IF followed the theme correctly) shouldn't be a female. 

I think it's more of a general acceptance reasons due to the differences of western philosophy and religion, that DE made a judgement call in the last minute. I also highly doubt anyone of the player base would know of this Yin Yang BS. If they had to make a judgement call in the last minute it's more reasonable to call it female since it could just be a female operator wearing a huge &#! light Equinox suit. BUT it they call it a male, they wouldn't be able to explain the small body shape of night Equinox. PLUS it was long before The Second Dream was out which Steve have no idea what the operator was, they had to give it a gender and the most reasonable explanation would be female. 

But hey who am I to go against what DE officially confirmed. 

I'm just a guy who knows exactly what he's talking about.  

19 minutes ago, Valteria. said:

^^^^^^^^^^

F*** your political correctness, OP!

And HOW @(*()$ DARE YOU said night Equinox has female shape body and the light has a male body! HOW DARE YOU hurt my feelings!

I will let you know that I'm so jealous of this Russian chick's body!

Reveal hidden contents

Cer2wrLV.jpeg

But in all seriousness, I would like to believe that the original concept of Equinox was a male and a female which goes perfectly well with the concept of Yin and Yang, where the male represents the 陽 (Yang) and female represents 陰 (Yin). Yang represents an aggressive nature and Yin represents a passive nature.  If all goes according to the theme of Yin and Yang, which Equinox totally is, the night should be a female and the light should be a male because Yin represents female and Yang represents male. 

If  you look at the traditional portray or people's idea (when it comes to art) of how a practitioner or someone who dedicated their life to the studies Yin&Yang, they look something like this:

Reveal hidden contents

47314_2.jpg

Which is exactly why Equinox's basic form had that cloth-looking-sleeve thingy.

IF the equilibrium of Yin & Yang were to broken where the male adapt to the ways of Yin and the female adapt to ways of Yang, usually in martial arts stories the male would become no different than a female and a removal of their genital is required in order for the practice to proceed. The female on the other hand will become so much more buffed, like that Russian chick above, and their voice will begin to grow deep chest hair will begin to grow. All these are the arts or novel's portray of martial artists breaking the Yin&Yang equilibrium..... My point is, the light equinox (IF followed the theme correctly) shouldn't be a female. 

I think it's more of a general acceptance reasons due to the differences of western philosophy and religion, that DE made a judgement call in the last minute. I also highly doubt anyone of the player base would know of this Yin Yang BS. If they had to make a judgement call in the last minute it's more reasonable to call it female since it could just be a female operator wearing a huge &#! light Equinox suit. BUT it they call it a male, they wouldn't be able to explain the small body shape of night Equinox. PLUS it was long before The Second Dream was out which Steve have no idea what the operator was, they had to give it a gender and the most reasonable explanation would be female. 

But hey who am I to go against what DE officially confirmed. 

I'm just a guy who knows exactly what he's talking about.  

Or, or DE asked for a female frame to the design council then told us to think of a name for a female frame. Then there was a vote; like all votes without a full 100% backing got chosen.

And I'll say it again. Her makeup makes her look like she belongs in a Final Fantasy game.

Edited by AerinSol

18 hours ago, ninjalord4321 said:

for everyone who has been discussing equinox gender it is both male and female because of its 2 form's first is the night mode equinox's night mode looks exactly like a female because of the body type and its type of styling to for its light mode its male because of the same thing for its night mode according to my resources equinox is controlled from 2 bodies and there are both brother and sister but they control its night and dark mode so 1 body with 2 minds but i bet the game wont even show it on the second dream quest so this is only a good bet its both male and female.

"part of the moon tenno's we are recruiting please message me if you wish to join" 

Whhy do people argue with DE on things like this when they officially said it. 

Equinox just switches between the most masculine and feminine forms of a FEMALE. She goes from Chinese princess to Russian bodybuilder in 1 second, deal with it.

And to top it all off, Warframes are sex-less(in terms of physiology), but in terms of defining gender, she is female.

I wish we could just ask Equinox and get it over with.

On 12/21/2016 at 4:08 PM, tnccs215 said:

we do have to note something:

gender != sex.

"female/male" define sex, not gender.

So, in the end, I think they, whether consciously or not, only calmed down those who would be the most... Offended -- which tend to be those who don't know gender and sex are different things.

Which is quite a nice work.

Heh, you are quote right on that, but it's not something I give much thought to, simply because beyond the relevance of the physical aspect, (there is some, but it is little) I don't actually care at all. People are people. IN this case, warframes are warframes.

7 hours ago, hammerheathen said:

Heh, you are quote right on that, but it's not something I give much thought to, simply because beyond the relevance of the physical aspect, (there is some, but it is little) I don't actually care at all. People are people. IN this case, warframes are warframes.

Well, this is something that matters, specially on times like these.

On 12/21/2016 at 11:20 AM, ninjalord4321 said:

Equinox's true gender: tin can.

P.S. I also identify my PC's gender as male, in case you were interested :crylaugh: 

Edited by -BM-Leonhart