Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Salvage Guide - Easier Play

Ruler_of_64

Question

Hello, I'm Ruler_of_64. I have a Special Guide to give to any other players who need it in order to Farm Nidus' Parts.  

I managed to come up with an Idea with my Teammates. WardTheWarden, MurderHoboDinosaur, and Deathblade4324. - They Deserve Credit too.

My Idea was to use the Frames... 

Nova / Nova prime as the Fast Nova in the Group. Nova was used to help Spawn more enemies in the room to kill for Antiserum and used to help A, B, and C's Percentages stay high.

Nekros / Nekros Prime as the Desecrate in the Group. Nekros he was used to produce more Antiserum to supply more availability to keep A, B, and C up.

Trinity / Trinity Prime as the Energy Vampire in the Group. Trinity was used as is, to supply good amount of energy for the whole group and heal as needed in case a Teammate was about to fall.

Ember / Ember Prime as the World on Fire in the Group. Ember was needed to help deal big Area of Effect damage to enemies all around her for the group. Best advised to stay in the middle to also press the button every now and then but also stand and kill from there. Can also help keep A, B, and C at high percentages. 

These were my Frame ideas needed for Infested Salvage and hope it works just as good for you.

A member did suggest to replace one of your Specific Mods to use Undying Mod in case a Teammate falls so the other Teammates inside the Group can revive them just as easy and continue on with the fight, to push away other problems.

Fight hard, my fellow Tenno. 

Edited by Ruler_of_64

13 answers to this question

Team comp honestly doesn't matter much compared to the tileset, the flat one without the hologram in the center doesn't drop enough antiserum thingys if you're in a group of 3-4 players and will fail inevitably (you still need necros even on the other map thought), on the other hand if you want to go solo that map is perfect while the other is a nightmare.

Edited by bl4ckhunter

I just want the game mode removed or fixed so that it doesnt suck so much &#! to play this game mode and feel more like a chore than having fun playing a game. Nothing remotely fun about this mode, wasnt fun in JV isnt fun as a stand alone game mode. Get your heads out of your asses DE.

well, there's a reason this was the most skipped part of JV. 

Give it another shot [DE].  The 1% who play JV aren't a representative sample. The other 99% of players might like it right?

(messy vertical level) ... ooh nevermind - making it a PITA to get to the field generators is... frustration prone.

Just finished farming the Nidus parts, so I guess I have some feedback.

1) Parts being exclusive to rotation C is a bad decision. Nidus is supposed to be a quest-based frame, remember? Consider adding another quest stage that introduces players to Salvage mode and *guarantees* the part blueprints. Having farmed the part BPs I now have no desire to come back to this game mode. Never, ever again. I got a total of 4 Chassis BPs, 1x Helmet (Neuroptics) and 1x Systems. And a truckload of mods like Stretch, Vital Sense, Metal Auger and Hell's Chamber which I was NOT happy to get as a round 4 reward. 

2) Going as a full group is a painful experience. How exactly is this even an online game when coop mode punishes players and going solo rewards them with more drops per time unit spent? 

3) The bigger map (with hologram) is to be avoided, and whoever designed it deserves a salary cut. It's cluttered, counter-intuitive to navigate and plain painful to watch. Just no. 

4) Salvage as a stand-alone game mode is dead boring and unrewarding. No, seriously. You just run in circles activating the consoles every now and then. Reach round 4, extract, repeat. Enemies pose no challenge, spawn in small groups and reward tables are littered with junk. 

5) As for beating it... Any frame with Zenistar works wonders. Ember is fine too. Inaros (rage+life strike weapon) is great, Rhino is good, so is Equinox. A compromise to going solo is going duo with any of the above frames and a Speed Nova. Just don't EVER go with 3 or 4, it will make the already painful experience even worse. 

Edited by Reifnir