The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

I'm curious, has anybody tried to keep their cysts longer then the 7 day growth period? I'm not convinced we saw everything yet.

I'd do it myself but I've been avoiding every possible method of getting infected since the day I learned it was a thing, and I've been successful up until yesterday.

unless these chargers can do amazing stuff i think this is another pointless add to the game really, all i need is shield refresh and item scooping from my carrier.

it seems like someone was like "that would be cool to put in the game" and they just chucked it in honestly. I hope im wrong coz i love this game but im probly not.

Questions to the community;

1. Can Nidus be infected again in the chair after having the cyst removed?
  2. Does Nidus grow the cyst again, regardless if he sits again or not?
  3. Can Nidus still infect people even after having the cyst drained?
  4. Can infected warframes still infect others even after having the cyst drained?
  5. Does the cyst continue to evolve/grow after 7 days (I'm on day 7 right now, just want to confirm)?

Question is whether that secret final stage requires draining or keeping the cyst :-P. Is the cyst important or is it a red herring? Perhaps we still carry the virus whether or not the cyst is there.

Btw, is the Kubrow quest a pre-requisite? If it's not, that suggests you don't need to drain the cyst to progress.

Edited by schilds

1 hour ago, Jedib1 said:

Was just wanting to ask a question or two to those that have drained the Cyst to make the new companion. 

1. Can you be reinfected?

2. Does draining the Cyst remove it from all your frames, or just the one you used?

1. You can be reinfected (per one of my friends who said that after draining his Cyst on his Nidus, he played a map with other people and his Nidus was re-infected when checking Archwing mode.) This was yesterday. I haven't spoken with him today to confirm his observations (to determine if it is just a bug associated with looking at previously infected warframes in Archwing mode.) YMMV.

2. Just one frame. Tested this myself. Draining it from everyone frame is a pain in the &#! (as far as grinding) and unless there is a permanent cure, it seems pointless to do it. I don't care about the MR that badly, nor do I give two S#&$s about crappy re-use of existing Charger model. (I would feel different if the model wasn't clearly a morphed Grineer, which has F*** all to do with the way the Helminth Charger was birthed.)

Edit: Fixed typo

Edited by Maziani

On 12/22/2016 at 6:05 PM, .-ItZpiCk-. said:

i just entered it with my operator then switched to nidus then it fell endlessly and after 20secs or so it stopped and it seems like i stand on some kind of floor

I stuck Nidus in the door, then 5 to switch to operator and walked into the room. Then Nidus wasnt in the door any more, and I was locked in. Hit 5 to switch back to the warframe, and the Warframe client locked up showing me this :/

http://prntscr.com/dq5qcz

18 minutes ago, Anubis_Heimdall said:

Drained my cyst... 24 hours later it reappears. I was fine with it until now, don't think i want to have to create more infested chargers to flush into space.

12 minutes ago, schilds said:

The chargers are probably a side thing.

Once again 

LurqPtX.png

We just need to w8 i think till they return to work.

On 12/30/2016 at 10:02 PM, schilds said:

I saw it mentioned in wiki comments that draining the cyst drains it from every frame, can anyone confirm that?

no. i drained my nidus, all other frames with the cyst, kept it.

I got my Nidus infected by the chair on the infested room and I have already drained the cyst and have an ugly Charger named HellHoundess. I also have other frames infected that I won't drain the cyst to see what happens. I Will keep you posted.

I left Nidus near the infested door and changed to my Operator so that I could get him into the infested room and then when I got back to Nidus he was under the room with the big fish and you could walk around beneath the infested room. Here's the screenshot of Nidus and the big fish.

cLKnxpZ.jpg

I can confirm infection does return after 24 hours even if you don't join anyone in a mission, but the charger is an extremely powerful melee pet. I mean that crit chance, and that slash! So I got a theory that there are more stages to the cyst possibly if you don't drain it after 7 days it'll continue to grow, and lead into something, but I don't know what. I can't even begin to fathom it.

19 minutes ago, schilds said:

The only thing is, the date on Steve's comment is about a day before anyone would have been able to get a charger. So it's possible (probable?) the "secret final stage" does just refer to the charger and nothing more.

Now that would be disappointing !