Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 17 - Please Nerf

JawnHenry

On 1/7/2017 at 11:48 AM, Maziani said:

Go to the Cephalon Simaris room-- off to the side are Mastery Icons. Go find the one associated with the rank you're aiming for-- practice the test. practice the test. practice the test.

Once you feel like you can pass it in a single go-- Qualify (actually take the test.)

You know, waiting while doing nothing is fun, but it's not that fun. Practicing a MR test require to wait during the loading time, then wait until the lotus explain stuff, play 30 sec, and then wait during the loading time. I guess someone at ED has an hard-on on waiting time; but for most of the people, it's simply boring. Training for 1 hour means at most 20 min of actual play and 40 min of waiting time.

practicing isn't an option for people with limited play time. It's an option only for people who can waste a lot time waiting.

or like already said here

On 07.01.2017 at 6:52 AM, Lightly_Salted said:

Crappy part is waiting 24 hrs feeling all sense of fail. Its not the test that needs nerfing its the wait to try again imo. Like once every 6 hrs seems reasonable, 24 seems too much of a drag. 

DE just need at least reduce or better remove waiting time (or all this test) completely

21 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

there's an easy way to complete this test, it's not used a lot but trust me, it works. some people swear by this method; here's what you need to do.

Reveal hidden contents

git gud

So fun and so unexpected. You're as funny as the 1 784 125 other people who did that joke before you.

Nobody gets good without training. And it's not possible to train efficiently when two third of the training time is waiting time.

Do you have any useable advice?

This test is kicking my butt at the minute. I've passed it twice out of 20 or 30 tries with Volt. Both times I think I was lucky with orb spawn locations.

Not sure Volt's the best way to go. Gitting gud at this test seems to be about learning the map and shortcutting from orb to orb and Volt's a bit unpredictable at speed.

Really not fair there doesn't seem to be a way to cheat it like the earlier difficult tests :blush: I honestly don't think they should nerf this test rather than make the other tests up to this standard.

And praise be the recent fix that spawns us in front of the test after practicing instead of spawning us up at test 30. Still, a "Retry?" on failing it would go a long way.

On 24/12/2016 at 0:03 PM, JawnHenry said:

I would to put in a request to have Master Rank 17 nerfed and timer extended a bit.  I tried the practice round with Ember, sprint speed at 1.43 and World on Fire active and was unable to complete after 9 attempts.  I just don't see how it is possible to sprint fast enough to get to the orbs and extend the timer.  This is especially true with the orb spawns on another level which btw is also had to tell even from the map.

Thanks.

Oh... you're only 2 levels away from the real pain... MR 17 test is simple TBH I did it with Rhino and Gal P.

Edited by Carnage2K4

MR17 is more challenging than most as it's not as simple as memorizing a sequence of orbs as the location at which the next orb appears is random - so can be unforgiving.

My advice is to practice in the relay so you're familiar with the layout of the map and can navigate it quickly.

Secondly use a melee with decent range - I think I used tipedo modded for range

Like you I aIso used  Ember + WoF to take care of the mobs whilst allowing you to focus on taking out the next orb.

Note that you can deploy a energy pad during the introduction audio by Lotus meaning you're charged and ready to go as soon as that's finished.

Edited by Jakkul

• 3 weeks later...

Ummmmmmmm, so this test isn't anywhere near as hard as I originally thought it was.

I kinda didn't realise you could shoot your guns during it :blush::blush::blush: 

Lotus saying melee the orbs I just assumed it was melee only test. In all those failed attempts I never once tried to shoot my guns. What a numpty.

But yeah, speedy Volt once he knows he can fire his Soma walks (*ba dum tish*) this test.

Ima mr23, passed mr17 test with practice...so, no to ur suggestions, especially since somewhere in the neighborhood of millions of people passing it...

U said a whole "9" times u failed it....sorry, u need more practice.......I'm not a fan of "please nerf this and that" unless there's a real problem. Not just for someone who hasn't practiced enough........

Secondly, good thing u didn't. play before u could practice. Back then, u had to go do the test without being able to practice, which means there was a lot of people that failed and had to wait 24 hrs. to do it again;

I failed mr11 or 12, don't remember, 6 times, took a week to pass it, lol...

So sorry.....no free passes here and defintely no nerfs or extensions........

Practice til u get it, like all the rest of us........

P.S.  I think it's funny kids come to the forums, whinning and crying, they can't do "Master rank xxx" and needs to be nerfed, changed, etc.....thousands, if not millions, pass all of them everyday....De isn't gonna nerf or change something not broken.......

Sorry to be tough on u, but i done it before u could practice all day.........let me tell u, the struggle was real.........

these kind of requests mainly stem from the fact that a lot recent players rush mastery instead of actually playing the game and getting good with the mechanics. im not saying that it applies to you, but ive seen this trend grow lately.
the test itself is easy and requires no nerfs, just keep practising in the relay and you'll be able to do it

Edited by Sir_Puppington

On 5/11/2017 at 10:10 AM, Sir_Puppington said:

these kind of requests mainly stem from the fact that a lot recent players rush mastery instead of actually playing the game and getting good with the mechanics.

They're rushing probably because they want that juicy and artificial e-peen or they just want to get all those high-MR weapons.

I did mine with Limbo, synoid simulor for the proc, and I can't remember what other weapons I had on at the time. I failed each practice I had until I realized I should try taking a syndicate weapon. It worked nicely for aoeing the mobs and I passed with 7 seconds left on the timer. I don't know if the syndicate procs work in that test anymore.

I remember each time I failed the starting time would fluctuate quite a bit, what would be better is if the timer would start at 15 seconds and not count down until the cutscene was over, since I'm pretty sure you can't skip test cutscenes.